PDA

View Full Version : I am depressed big tme vent

luvofallhorses
03-15-2005, 03:37 PM
I do suffer from chronic depression,
I cannot stop thinking about my grandmother that passed away in 2003 or my rat Neo Leo Houdini that passed last Mother's Day. :( :( :( I just feel like sleeping and this weather doesn't help any :( Or Paula losing Country her beautiful horse:( I just feel so lousy right now:(

I just hope this doesn't get the best of me because last time I missed school for 3 wks they allowed me back please send good thoughs, positive vibes my way so I can get through this. I need to graduate and depression won't get the best of me.

chocolatepuppy
03-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Sometimes when things are getting to you,you have to focus on the good things in your life. I know there are plenty. You just have to pick youself up and move on. There's nothing wrong with being sad, but then you must move on!:)

catnapper
03-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Do you see a doctor for your depression? If not, please find a way to see one. Depression is nothing to ignore, and there are so many things out there to help you nowadays.

I hope you start to cheer up soon.

{{{HUGS}}}

luvofallhorses
03-15-2005, 03:48 PM
I do see a doctor for it I am on medications..but they just seem no help today. :(

caseysmom
03-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Maybe the wonderful weather we had here in ca last week will get to you soon. I know it was wonderful this weekend just being outside in the sun...I guess it was sun therapy.

I do think excercize helps too....for me thats easier said than done though....I get lazy!

chocolatepuppy
03-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I did not see the part about you suffering from chronic depression, and did not know you were on medication. You must have been editing it while I was typing. I would not made such light of it had I have known, sorry. :o

NoahsMommy
03-15-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. :(

Is there a therapist you can see? Maybe your doctor can increase your meds? Sometimes they aren't up to par with our brain chemistry.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

luvofallhorses
03-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Anette,

You're fine :D

luvofallhorses
03-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Kelly,

I do see a doctor I told my mom I was depressed but if I am again tomorrow. A therapist you mean like a counselor? :o

NoahsMommy
03-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by luvofallhorses
Kelly,

I do see a doctor I told my mom I was depressed but if I am again tomorrow. A therapist you mean like a counselor? :o

:) Yea. Do you see one for your depression? I see one for my anxiety and I cannot tell you how much better I feel after seeing him.

luvofallhorses
03-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Yes, but once a month 'cause he lives out of town :o

NoahsMommy
03-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Can you call him?

I'm going to PM you. :)

luvofallhorses
03-15-2005, 04:37 PM
I can't we don't have long distance but I am sure my mom can call the office and tell him what is going on or I could:)

okay :) pm away ;)

cookieluver7
03-15-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm sorry.:( Sending good vibes your way! (((((((HUGS)))))))

joycenalex
03-15-2005, 06:03 PM
sending you good energy

Soapets
03-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Hang in there. I take antidepressant medication, and it changed my life. Sometimes you have to adjust the doseage, or even switch medications, or add another one, etc., etc., etc. But there is help available. Let me know how you're doing. You can pm me if you want. ;)

Jayna78
03-16-2005, 02:34 AM
I'm sending good vibes and nice thoughts your way...I hope you overcome your latest bout with depression and carry on toward graduation! Think of how great that will be! I'm thinking of you.

ramanth
03-16-2005, 08:38 AM
Sending lots of good vibes. :)

luvofallhorses
03-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks everyone :) I do feel much better today but I still think I do need to go to someone about my medication plus I talk to my counselor at school every Wednesday to see how my life is going. :)

My Peanuts
03-16-2005, 03:19 PM
I know exactly what you mean. My grandma passed away in August 2003 and my dog, Angie in June 2003. I still cry about it. Sometimes I'm totally fine, but other times, especially while having a few drinks with friends, I get really emotional. I literally cry in my beer. You're not alone with this. It helps me to focus on all the good times and not think about the fact that they are gone. I'm not saying repress your sadness. I'm saying when the sadness gets out of control I think about all the really fun memories. I hope you are feeling better.