PDA

View Full Version : We May Be Visiting catcrazylady!!

K & L
03-15-2005, 10:30 AM
We may be visiting catcrazylady, Lisa, sometime next week (that is if she doesn’t mind). We’re flying to Kentucky and taking a road trip to New Jersey where Kevin’s brother is getting married. We wanted to say hi and see all her babies! I’m hoping this all works out for all of us! This will be quite the trip since we’re bringing all 4 granddaughters!!

Figuring out what we’ll do with all our cats and the park cats has been a chore, but we’ve got it worked out. A couple of Techs at our vets' office will be coming over twice a day to take care of the house cats, and we have some ladies that will go feed the park cats. We feel really good about the vets’ office taking care of the house cats. Of course we’ll have to board Hazel and Porch. Porch just got out of the hospital again because he was blocked at both ends, and of course Hazel needs her fluids and monitoring.

If this all works out for our visit, we’ll post LOTS of pictures!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Oh my, you lucky one!! I am sooooo jealous!! Visiting Lisa and all her cats, it is like going to heaven!!!

sirrahbed
03-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Wonderful Lisa!!! You will have a fabulous time at CCL's - she and hubby are so gracious and you will be royally greeted by Magoo and Leroy I assure you!!:D :D

Corinna
03-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Got your letter yesterday Have a great trip you deserve this break. Kids will be different than the furrys. Enjoy!!!!

K & L
03-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Wonderful Lisa!!! You will have a fabulous time at CCL's - she and hubby are so gracious and you will be royally greeted by Magoo and Leroy I assure you!!:D :D

She mentioned you're in Ohio, but I think you're North of where we'll be traveling?? Let me know exactly where you are and maybe we'll get to see you too!:D

ramanth
03-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Lucky!! :p :D

NoahsMommy
03-15-2005, 11:30 AM
How exciting!! I'm so jealous, I want to meet CCL too!!!

Have lots of fun, you deserve a nice time away.

And....yes, lots of pictures for us. ;)

K & L
03-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
How exciting!! I'm so jealous, I want to meet CCL too!!!

Have lots of fun, you deserve a nice time away.

And....yes, lots of pictures for us. ;)

I always say we don't have a life!:D It's not easy to get away when you have so many animals to worry and care for. I forgot to mention I also had to get someone to feed all the cats here at work! What's wrong with this picture?:eek: JUST KIDDING!

DogLover9501
03-15-2005, 12:09 PM
:eek: Lucky you! Take me with you?? :D

QueenScoopalot
03-15-2005, 12:12 PM
You need a get-away from all the kitties once in a while! Funny how you're going to visit other ones along the way though...but CCL's brats are some I'd love to meet!! It sounds like a fun trip...and happy to know you're bringing the camera. :)

catmandu
03-15-2005, 12:29 PM
If Im was in better health,and dint have all,the Found Cats,then I will make a pilgramage,too,to see Scarppy Paddingtom Magoo,and his Friends,and of course Lisa,the Crazy Cat Lady.That ,I think,would be better,than Disney Land,and that Southern Cooking.The Cat Angels,would surely love that Fried Chicken.

kimlovescats
03-15-2005, 12:46 PM
How lucky you are!!! I wanna see Lisa and the crew too! waaaaaaaah!!!:D

Vio&Juni
03-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Awwww, I'd like to meet the crew of fluffy cats and CCL too!

Have a nice trip!

catcrazylady
03-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Come on everybody!! You are welcome anytime. Just give a little advance notice so I can get as much hair as possible cleaned off of the furniture and make sure hubby is dressed!:p ;) :D

Even though Lisa, Kevin, and grandkids won't be able to stay long I'm really looking forward to meeting them!!!:D

Don't forget now Lisa, you probably won't see more than a couple of kitties. Just the simple fact that there are small humans in the house will keep most of them hidden. I hope you won't be disappointed by that but then I'm sure you get to see your fair share of cats on a daily basis!! ;)

K & L
03-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Come on everybody!! You are welcome anytime. Just give a little advance notice so I can get as much hair as possible cleaned off of the furniture and make sure hubby is dressed!:p ;) :D

Even though Lisa, Kevin, and grandkids won't be able to stay long I'm really looking forward to meeting them!!!:D

Don't forget now Lisa, you probably won't see more than a couple of kitties. Just the simple fact that there are small humans in the house will keep most of them hidden. I hope you won't be disappointed by that but then I'm sure you get to see your fair share of cats on a daily basis!! ;)

Hey you never know, they may recoginze a cat rescuer and show their faces!:) I remember one place we went to a cat came right up to me and started rubbing on me. The owner said this was the first time this cat ever did this to a stranger! Usually it wouldn't go near anyone!

We can keep the grandkids out for a bit and see if they appear. By the way, the kids are wonderful around cats and know how to act. They've been around ours since birth (the kids not the cats).:D We're so looking forward to meeting everyone there.

I hope if anyone ever gets to "hot" AZ they'll look us up, meet our cats, and go feed the park cats with us. Hey maybe you can even help us trap a new one!;)

K & L
03-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
You need a get-away from all the kitties once in a while! Funny how you're going to visit other ones along the way though...but CCL's brats are some I'd love to meet!! It sounds like a fun trip...and happy to know you're bringing the camera. :)

We sure do but it's not so easy to get away, as I know you can relate! We have 26 at home to care for, 35 - 40 at the park, and at least 20 here at work. Not always easy to find someone for all!:D The break will be nice, but we'll sure miss the cats.

Cataholic
03-15-2005, 03:18 PM
HEY! I am in Cincinnati! That is right next to Kentucky!!!! Are you stopping by my house?:D

ramanth
03-15-2005, 03:22 PM
I live in Michigan which is right above Ohio! What's a little detour.... ;) :D

jenluckenbach
03-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Driving to WHERE in NJ?? Are you going through PA??? Stopping by to see me??? (I am not going to vacuum up the hair though, but I will make sure Charlie is dressed) :D:D

K & L
03-15-2005, 03:25 PM
I wish we could visit ALL of you! Hmmmmm Cinncinatti??? I think that's where we're flying in to. Be careful what you ask for!:D

K & L
03-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Driving to WHERE in NJ?? Are you going through PA??? Stopping by to see me??? (I am not going to vacuum up the hair though, but I will make sure Charlie is dressed) :D:D

Are you Western or Eastern? If you're Eastern we COULD stop by there. I think we'll be staying in PA!! Uh Oh, you need to also be careful what you ask for!:D Let me know and we'll make a stop and meet everyone. OMG I'm just getting too excited here!

jenluckenbach
03-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Most definitely eastern PA. only 30 minutes from the NJ state line.

Corinna
03-15-2005, 03:45 PM
And now for the next stop on the pet talk tour......... Montanas not so far away. I don't start work until the 28th.
Hope you have lots of fun Lisa enjoy the carefree days no one to feed but those grand kids and Mc Donalds does great for that.
Lots of pictures of the tour and meet & greets.

catnapper
03-15-2005, 03:48 PM
How exciting! I love to see all these wonderful PTers meeting on person. You all feel like family and its great to see longtime friends finally meeting each other.

catnapper
03-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by K & L
Are you Western or Eastern? If you're Eastern we COULD stop by there. I think we'll be staying in PA!! Uh Oh, you need to also be careful what you ask for!:D Let me know and we'll make a stop and meet everyone. OMG I'm just getting too excited here!

Eastern PA!!! You must meet Jen and me too!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
And now for the next stop on the pet talk tour......... Montanas not so far away. :D :D And I thought I was going to be pushing it by saying Chicago wasn't that far out of the way. ;) :D

How cool that Lisa and Lisa get to meet! I'm just confused on how the trip to NJ starts out in Kentucky.....Lisa, you need to get out more often so you realize Kentucky is not a shortcut to New Jersey. :confused: ;) :p :D

And when did you get up to 26 at home?! :eek: I thought you were still in the teens.....guess I've been missing more than I thought....;)

K & L
03-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Eastern PA!!! You must meet Jen and me too!!!

That sounds good to me. I will get with you all and let you know the day and work out a time for you and us. Are you close to Jen?

jenluckenbach
03-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Catnapper is an hour from me. :D:D

And 26?!?! :eek: What happened to 20??????

K & L
03-15-2005, 06:51 PM
You guys are too funny. I'll explain the trip a little better: Kevin's brother is getting married in New Jersey so we decided to make a vacation out of it. His family lives in Kentucky, where his brother is right now, so we decided to fly there and make a road trip out of this, taking the granddaughter's and showing them countryside they've never seen. We'll spend about 3 days in Kentucky and then hit the road. We'll also be showing them Washington D.C. I'm not sure of all the plans, but a few stops to PT people will be on the agenda.

OK, for the 26 cats, here they are by name:

Avon, Bailey, Barney, Bear, Beavis, Bentley, Blaize, Bo, Boo, Gabby, Gypsy, Hazel, Jett, Kurby, LarryJerry, Leila, Mouser, Mr. January, Olive, Paisley, Parker, Porch, Punkin, Shadow, Spike and Yardley.

Jett, Leila, Mr. January, Punkin, and Yardley are ferals out in the backyard....rest are indoors with us!

This is why it's so difficult to have much of a traveling life! Even though we find pet-sitters, it's quite expensive when we pay for the house cats and someone to feed the park cats. So we're going to make as much of this vacation as possible!
:)

K & L
03-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
And now for the next stop on the pet talk tour......... Montanas not so far away. I don't start work until the 28th.
Hope you have lots of fun Lisa enjoy the carefree days no one to feed but those grand kids and Mc Donalds does great for that.
Lots of pictures of the tour and meet & greets.

I wish we could stop by and meet! Maybe one of these days!:)

krazyaboutkatz
03-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Wow! This sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun. I sure do envy you. I'd love to meet more PT people too.:D

K & L
03-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Here are the plans as of today. I know this is subject to change according to everyone’s schedule (including ours). Monday afternoon, 03/28, we will be stopping by crazycatlady. Saturday afternoon, 04/02, we’ll be stopping at JenLuckenbach’s, and hoping to catch Catnapper the same day. Sunday we’re hoping for a quick visit with Sirrahbed. We will be sure to get plenty of pictures and post when we get home!

jenluckenbach
03-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Woo hoo.....doing the happy dance!!! I get to meet Lisa and Kevin!!! hee hee

I have already told the kitties that they are getting company. :D

K & L
03-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Woo hoo.....doing the happy dance!!! I get to meet Lisa and Kevin!!! hee hee

I have already told the kitties that they are getting company. :D

We are so excited! I can't wait to be able to pet all your kitties and see any fosters you have!

jenluckenbach
03-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by K & L
We are so excited! I can't wait to be able to pet all your kitties and see any fosters you have!
Charlie and I were just speculating who would be available to greet you........

Definitely Jasper and Lucas. More than likely Rutherford, Jim, Monte and Sterling. Quite possibly Kim, Calvin, Ashley and Amber. But you will probably not see hide nor hair of Willow, Mickey or Bonnie. you can SEE Fern, but you won't be able to reach her. And Biddy......not sure, he may hide too.

And then you can meet the grouch faced Bailey foster. My sweet Bethanne. Asper (the cat with no personality) . Maria, the gorgeous BLUE. Lizzie the temperamental......and whoever else might be here. :rolleyes:

rg_girlca
03-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Lisa, I am so, so, SO glad that you are going to be able to get a much needed break away from all the cats. I know how much you are going to miss them though.
I am so excited for you, but oh so jealous at the same time, that you will able to meet, CCL/Lisa, Jen, Kim and Debbie.

Could you please do a favor for me??? If you can, please give my Magoo, Jen's Mickey, Kim's Abby, and Debbie's Lizzie an extra kiss for me and let them know that it is from me. :D

Have a safe and fabulous time. So looking forward to your return with lots of pictures and stories to tell.

Take care.

K & L
03-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Charlie and I were just speculating who would be available to greet you........

Definitely Jasper and Lucas. More than likely Rutherford, Jim, Monte and Sterling. Quite possibly Kim, Calvin, Ashley and Amber. But you will probably not see hide nor hair of Willow, Mickey or Bonnie. you can SEE Fern, but you won't be able to reach her. And Biddy......not sure, he may hide too.

And then you can meet the grouch faced Bailey foster. My sweet Bethanne. Asper (the cat with no personality) . Maria, the gorgeous BLUE. Lizzie the temperamental......and whoever else might be here. :rolleyes:

This will be such a welcome treat since by this time we'll be having major cat withdrawls! Luckily we'll get a little fix at crazycatlady to tie us over!:D

K & L
03-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Lisa, I am so, so, SO glad that you are going to be able to get a much needed break away from all the cats. I know how much you are going to miss them though.
I am so excited for you, but oh so jealous at the same time, that you will able to meet, CCL/Lisa, Jen, Kim and Debbie.

Could you please do a favor for me??? If you can, please give my Magoo, Jen's Mickey, Kim's Abby, and Debbie's Lizzie an extra kiss for me and let them know that it is from me. :D

Have a safe and fabulous time. So looking forward to your return with lots of pictures and stories to tell.

Take care.

Thank you, and we will kiss all of them for you!

sirrahbed
03-16-2005, 06:56 PM
YAY!!!! We may get a visit from K&L - sure hope it works out!!
Dylan will greet you for sure. Then Robbie will demand attention. Eliot will probably hide but Lizzie and Emily will keep going by and try to get the nerve to ask for attention. Lizzie loves kids for some reason so if the girls are young - they will be graced with her presence I am sure - more than her Meowmie is!!

Meeting PetTalkers is the biggest thrill!!! It is like visiting someone you already know:D

I am excited!!! YAY!!!!

PS I know it may not work out completely - plans change but I decided to be excited anyway!!:D :p

jenluckenbach
03-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Could you please do a favor for me??? If you can, please give.... Jen's Mickey.... an extra kiss for me and let them know that it is from me. :D

:eek: Mickey BITES!!! and scratches. (just ask all the 1by1 volunteers) Most people wouldn't want to put their face close enough to kiss him (except me :) ) So I will gladly deliver that kiss for you.

catnapper
03-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Asper (the cat with no personality)
I disagree -- any cat that can shred me to pieces, fly across Petco's floor and bite someone has SOME personality! :D

Oooo... I do hope I can make it. As of tonight, we think there won't be any conflicts on the schedule with the kids and their activities.

And Lisa will get to personally do something lots of PTers would die to do: rub Rutherford's fluffy tummy! :D So far, I'm the only PTer that has that honor! (Outside meowmie Jen of course!)

Shold I bring the "screaming meemee" with me Jen? Do you think your guys miss her?

K & L
03-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
YAY!!!! We may get a visit from K&L - sure hope it works out!!
Dylan will greet you for sure. Then Robbie will demand attention. Eliot will probably hide but Lizzie and Emily will keep going by and try to get the nerve to ask for attention. Lizzie loves kids for some reason so if the girls are young - they will be graced with her presence I am sure - more than her Meowmie is!!

Meeting PetTalkers is the biggest thrill!!! It is like visiting someone you already know:D

I am excited!!! YAY!!!!

PS I know it may not work out completely - plans change but I decided to be excited anyway!!:D :p

I'm excited, so you be excited! We're doing our best to make all this work out!!

neko1
03-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Sounds like everyone will have a great time!:)

Killearn Kitties
03-17-2005, 07:20 AM
This sounds a wonderful trip!! I'm getting excited too! :D

I want to rub Rutherford's fluffy tummy. WAAAAAAAAAH.

moosmom
03-17-2005, 08:00 AM
K&L,

Please give Magoo a hug and smooch for me. God I love that boy!!! :D

catmandu
03-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Visitors,at the Found cat Hotel,would be greeted by Ragnarmand JJJ3,maybe The Moose! And then slowly the Meezers,would come down,and look through,the railing,like Children,at an adults party.And Scratchy,maybe Franklin2,may greet you,on the Porch!

K & L
03-17-2005, 09:17 AM
After being away from our cats as long as we will, the greetings from any that choose to, will be more than welcome!:D

Cataholic
03-17-2005, 02:07 PM
WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! Are you really flying into CVG? AND driving to Dayton to see Debbie? YOU HAVE TO STOP BY MY HOUSE, TOO! I live 20 mins from the airport!!!!!! WAH.....is it possible? I know you can't do all the things you would like, but.....

K & L
03-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! Are you really flying into CVG? AND driving to Dayton to see Debbie? YOU HAVE TO STOP BY MY HOUSE, TOO! I live 20 mins from the airport!!!!!! WAH.....is it possible? I know you can't do all the things you would like, but.....

We're flying into CVG on the 23rd at midnight! Not sure if we're flying home the same way, or using Louisville airport. Debbie's is a tentative plan at this point in time, but if you send me directions to your place and phone number, if we are able to make Debbie's then we'll see what we can work out to see you too! We would love that!!

Vermontcat
03-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Your trip sounds so exciting!:D
You are going to meet so many of my favorite Pet Talkers and favorite Pet Talk kitties too.
I hope everyone takes lots of photos and tells us everything about the meetings.