PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Country

dukedogsmom
03-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Lexi_Lover lost Country last night to a bad case of Colic. She didn't even have her but a few months. Here is her tribute to her. Have fun at the RB, Country. You will be missed by your mom.

Country,

You were my one and only. You listened to my prayers when I sad, and watched over me while I was mounted on your back. Your gorgeous mane flowed while you galloped towards me when I called your name.

Your gorgeous tail was silky smooth and you watched it extra careful, you held it high and with care as if to say you were the light of the world. You are, but only in my eyes!

Your steady trot kept me easy, and your tenderness in walking while watching each place you stepped kept me wondering if I was ever going to have to say good bye. And little did I know, that you would soon leave me after.

It may have only been a month or two that I could call you all my own, but it was worth it, just to see you grow. I will miss you dear Country, and may you rise up above the sky and clouds. They say Jesus will come riding down on a beautiful white horse, I believe that will now be you! Fly with Pegasus and race with all the others, you have as much hay and oats as you want there, oh and how could I forget your Luc n' Love treats!

Run free with the rest, have a safe trip to the RB Country! You will be dearly missed!

You have left hoofprints on my heart! :(

Lexi_Lover
03-15-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks again Val,

I will miss my girl Country. She meant everything to me, basically what I said up there, is what she was and still is! Good bye Country girl!

You will always live on! :(

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Oh dear Country,

You weren't with us long, yet I learned to love you very fast. You were such a beautiful girl, and I know Paula loved you SO much too!!:( Colic is a horrible thing, yet what can we do about things like that? God has a plan and I guess he just wanted another horse with him in Heaven.:) You will be sorely missed, and I wish I could have met you...you looked like such a sweet horse, always willing to please, and such a wonderful girl. What a young horse you were too!! I sure wish you didn't leave us so fast...I'm going to miss you so much!! (((HUGS))) to you Paula!!!!:(:(:( Remember you have an angel watching over you now...what a treasure Country was in the short time you had her!:( *cries*

Love you both,

♥ Katie ♥

Corinna
03-15-2005, 10:41 AM
A big Hug going out to you Lexi_lover

Lexi_Lover
03-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks...:(

I'm going now to get Country's things out of the stable, man is that ever gonna be hard:( Thats going to be the very first time that I'm not gonna call her name and she won't come trotting up to me...:(

I'm gonna miss ya girl! :(

ramanth
03-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Paula, I am so sorry. :(

RIP Country. :( :(

luvofallhorses
03-15-2005, 01:21 PM
oh Paula I am so sorry (((hugs))) :( R.I.P. sweet girl you will missed dearly

chocolatepuppy
03-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Paula, I am so sorry about Country. :( I prayed as hard as I could for her. She must have been needed in heaven. Someday you will meet again. Rest in Peace Country.

animal_rescue
03-15-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm so sorry!:( I know how you feel, if you ever need to talk.
R.I.P. Country!

chrissycat21
03-16-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm so sorry about Country. :( RIP

Suki Wingy
03-16-2005, 07:47 PM
This can't have happened! R.I.P. Country, have loads of fun at the Rainbow Bridge. :( :(
((hugs))

Lexi_Lover
03-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
This can't have happened! R.I.P. Country, have loads of fun at the Rainbow Bridge. :( :(
((hugs))

It did...and its heartbreaking! :( The worst part is tomorrow I'm going to a horse ranch to ride, but, it won't be on Country! :( It'll be just some horse that I don't know.

My parents said its for the best because if I don't get back on a horse now, I won't ever because its not the same. :(

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
It did...and its heartbreaking! :( The worst part is tomorrow I'm going to a horse ranch to ride, but, it won't be on Country! :( It'll be just some horse that I don't know.

My parents said its for the best because if I don't get back on a horse now, I won't ever because its not the same. :(

Do you think you'll ever get another horse? I know this is hard, and NO ONE will EVER replace Country, but have you considered it? I think it always helps the pain heal, and that's what happened when we got Blaze week after my other dog passed away. Again, I am SO sorry, Paula, I can't express how I feel for you...:( *cries all over*

Lexi_Lover
03-17-2005, 04:42 PM
I don't know...:(

Lexi_Lover
03-18-2005, 07:13 PM
I ahve to admit that I did have a good ride on a beautiful black horse named Sydney!

She was a very nice girl...but she was skinny, as well as some other horses. It was so sad to see their hip bones, but no ribs showing. I guess that was because of their winter coats:mad: