PDA

View Full Version : Food Review!!!

RICHARD
03-14-2005, 06:12 PM
I was shopping thru the store and saw a product called "Banquet Crock Pot Classics"...

I thought that this would be a good cold weather dish.

Yesterday was a cold weather day.....
SO....I slapped it into the crock pot and waited 8 hours for it to cook..

It was a chicken/veggie stew thing.......

YUCK!!!!!......Save your money......

The sauce was nasty and the potatoes, which you have to add at the last 35 minutes of cooking were really nasty. I found two that had black spots on them....Just like the kind that your mom would miss when she was putting together a dish....;)

I thought that it may taste better the second day out???

NO way...:eek:

The dogs are gonna eat well tonight....;)

Soapets
03-14-2005, 06:14 PM
How DARE you feed something so AWFUL to your dogs!?!:D

Let us know if they actually eat it---it sounds so bad that it might be something even they would reject!:rolleyes:

DogLover9501
03-14-2005, 06:21 PM
:eek: Richard, who's dogs are you feeding? :confused: :p

Oggyflute
03-15-2005, 01:13 AM
Try this recipie Richard, it's really easy and doesn't take long to prepare at all. :D

Creamy Mushroom & Tomato Chicken Noodles

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 onion
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
2 skinless chicken breasts – cut into bite-size pieces
1 clove of garlic
1 pack of egg noodles
1 cup of sour cream
1 can of condensed tomato soup
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
1) Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Sauté onions until soft, then add mushrooms, chicken and garlic and stir together. Sauté 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
2) Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and boil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until aldente. Drain, return noodles to pot and set aside. (Or get pre-cooked noodles)
3) Mix sour cream and soup together in a medium bowl, and then add to chicken mixture. Heat through, then add to noodles and stir together. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.

christa
03-15-2005, 06:53 AM
Anything frozen like that is usually gross . . . or at least overly-processed.

I got a bag of Voila yesterday . . . the chicken in it was sooooo fatty! I usually don't eat frozen food, but my mom talks about it some, so I thought I'd try it for lunch.

Gross! :eek:

No more frozen food for me!

Lacey
03-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Now Stouffers does a good lasagna, and Zataran's does a good chicken alfredo (provided you oven cook on both counts). But I'm always a little leery of Banquet - especially since I fixed up one of their frozen pot pies and it was bad enough that even Mr. Mowgli only took one bite out of it.

Unless it's pizza, you've got to watch out for those frozen meals!

RICHARD
03-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
:eek: Richard, who's dogs are you feeding? :confused: :p

LOLOLOL,

MY mom's dogs......

Soap,
Guilt has led me to forego getting the dogs ill.

Oggy,

Thank you sir...

Us guys gotta stick together.:D

By the way......why the disclaimer "serve hot" at the end???
You guys don't have hangovers over there??? (that sounds like a great post drinking dish, fresh outta the fridge!!!!)

Christa,

You had to ruin frozen burritos for me...;)

Lacey,

Stouffer's lasagna.......I can eat a PAN of that!!!!! But I put more cheese on it to balance out the sweetness of the sauce!!!

joycenalex
03-15-2005, 06:01 PM
richard, this is the easiest beef stew recipe ever for a crock pot. 1# already cubed stew beef, 2-3 potatoes cut into cubes, 1-2 carrots sliced, 1 celery stalk sliced 1 onion sliced. 1 can of campbell potato soup, bay leaf if you have it. you can use beef broth, tomato soup, celery soup or vegetarian vegetable if you like . chicken stew is the same but with 1# of deboned chicken. measurements aren't exact, veggies are what is on hand and the soup is what ever i have in the cupboard. bon appetite! gosh i LOVE my crockpot.

Oggyflute
03-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Good recipie joycenalex. :)

Richard once you start getting into the habit of cooking mate, you will never buy a frozen meal again.:D

And yeah, funnily enough the most asked question to my recipies is "Is it served hot" :D

NoahsMommy
03-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Easy as heck crock pot recipe for Richard:

Spaghetti sauce:

1 lb ground beef
3 cans tomato sauce (med sized)
1 can tomato paste (small sized)
1 containter Mushrooms (sliced)
Garlic powder
2 Bay leaves
Oregino (to taste)
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)

Put all ingredients in crockpot. Stir to combine. Set on low for at least 4 hours.

Cook pasta of choice and eat....hot. ;)

luckies4me
03-16-2005, 01:13 AM
Ahhhh, why is everyone talking about food so much? LOL. I'm starving right now! ;) :p

mruffruff
03-16-2005, 08:06 PM
My favorite recipe lately is also quick.

Cook your favorite pasta. Toss in frozen mixed vegetable of your choice into the cooking pasta. Take off the heat, let sit 3 min. Drain. Add minced onion if desired. Pour on enough bottled alfredo sauce to coat. If you have leftover chicken, you can toss that in. Takes about 20 mins. altogether. And better the next day. Vary the vegetable combination to change flavor.

I use Sam's Choice alfredo sauce and stir fry vegetables.

Mary

sammy101
03-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Richard,that sounds really yucky:eek:
I only like my moms homemade crock-pot recipes:D

luckies4me
03-16-2005, 08:29 PM
LOL, last night my bf and I got really hungry. We had spaghetti sauce, cheddar cheese, and bagels, LOL. So we made pizza bagels! It was actually filling and didn't taste half bad either. :p