PDA

View Full Version : Jazz just got two thumbs up from the white coats

jazzcat
03-14-2005, 04:07 PM
I took Jazz in for her annual check up and vaccinations. She did very well except for nervous purring so loudly that the vet couldn't hear her heartbeat. Actually I should probably say she got 1 1/2 thumbs up because she was up to 10.02 pounds and the vet said she shouldn't get any bigger and could probably lose a half a pound to a pound.

We discussed the food situation here with the kittens and my vet told me to stop feeding R&R kitten food. She said up to 6 months of age is long enough to feed kitten food, especially for indoor only cats. Have you ever heard that before? Anyway, R&R are getting chunky so it's probably a good idea. I have an unopened bag of Kitten Chow so I'll be taking it to the cat rescue at PetsMart tomorrow.

Had to share the good news about my Jazzy girl.:)

catnapper
03-14-2005, 04:17 PM
I stopped feeding Harry and Abby kitten food last month - for the same reason.

Glad to hear she did so well at the white coats!

carole
03-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Wonderful, good girl Jazz, it is always a concern when they have their annuals, one never knows, but I am pleased she passed with flying colours, my two are off for their's this saturday, wish them luck.:)

catmandu
03-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Thats always Wonderful News,when ThE White Coats,giv your Pet,the seal,of approval,and we are cheering,for Jazz,tonight.

MULTICATMOM
03-14-2005, 05:48 PM
LITTLE FUZZY WEIGHS 6'12". I KNOW BECAUSE SHE HAD HER SPAY LAST WED. SHE EATS PURINA INDOOR FORMULA WITH THE OTHER KITTYS. I KEEP THE WINDOW CRACKED SO THEY CAN GO POTTY... SHE HANGS OUT INSIDE. MY APT IS DEAD END PARKING AREA WITH NO TRAFFIC!! I HAVE A LITTER BOX, THE NEIGHBORS CAT COMES TO USE IT:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:
WHEN KLC GETS WELL & COMES TO VISIT, I'LL MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR PIX;) ;)
I'M GLAD IT WENT WELL:D :D

jenluckenbach
03-14-2005, 07:29 PM
A good check up is always a relief.

kimlovescats
03-14-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Miss Jazz had a good exam! Lori, I usually switch kittens over to adult food around that time also ... as long as they are gaining properly!;)

catcrazylady
03-14-2005, 09:37 PM
You go Jazzy girl!! It's nice to get good news about a healthy kitty. A half pound to a pound? I wish I could say the same!!

Rosco and Abigail have been off of kitten food for some time now. Too hard to keep all the kitties in the right food bowls and the little ones hated the kitten chow! They wanted adult food as soon as they tasted it. From the high speed of these two terrors I'm assuming they are doing fine!;) :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2005, 01:05 AM
I'm glad to hear that Jazz's vet visit went well and I'm sure that R & R will do just fine on adult cat food now.:)