PDA

View Full Version : Limping

slleipnir
03-14-2005, 02:11 PM
I noticed Josie has a slight limp on her back leg. I checked her legs and paws and didn't see/feel anythig that would make her sore (and she didn't seem to have a tender spot) I'll have to take her to the vet tomorrow if she's still limping as Ihave a lab tonight I can't miss (3 hours :() and it's to late to get her an appointment today.

Anyone know why she might be limping? She IS an older lab..you don't think it could be hip dysplasia?? I don't know anything about that disease though...:(

Kfamr
03-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Does she have arthritis at all? I thought I remember you saying she does, or maybe i'm mistaking her with someone else. If she does, maybe it's sore from the cold? I know bones sometimes give pain from could weather. And if she doesn't have it, possibly she's developing it?

Hope she feels better. :( Our poor girls.

slleipnir
03-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Not that I know of, unless it's new..but she doesn't seem stiff other than her leg

I think they need to snuggle together to feel better :(

dukedogsmom
03-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Duke's hip displaysia gets a lot worse in cold weather. I'm sorry you can't take her to the vet tonight. I hope it's not serious and you can get some medication to make the pain go away. Give her a hug from me.

chocolatepuppy
03-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Pawsitive thoughts heading your way for Josie, I hope it's not too serious and she's all better in no time.

slleipnir
03-14-2005, 10:44 PM
She's still limping :( She doesn't seem to be in pain though..I guess it'sprobably nothing, but she has an appointment tomorrow (she needs her shots anyway)

tatsxxx11
03-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Sorry to hear this, Audrey:( Hip dysplasia is actually a disease of younger dogs, which results in arthritis later in life. If she hasn't limped in the past, chances are it's not that. It might be a tad of arthritis or hopefully, a strain. If it is arthritis, there are a lot of options available to make her more comfortable, e.g. Glucosamie, Etogesic, buffered aspirin and some more potent drugs too. I have to keep Cody on the thinner side to minimize the weight bearing on her right leg. Please check back after the vet visit and give beautiful Jo and Zeke, a hug for me! Paws crossed!:)

ramanth
03-15-2005, 09:35 AM
How's Josie today?

slleipnir
03-15-2005, 03:20 PM
She wasn't limping today, the vet said her hips are find (but maybe is starting to get arthritis) or she could have had a pulled muscle

Dixieland Dancer
03-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Good News!!! I'm glad she is doing better now! Good job Josie!!! :D