PDA

View Full Version : Update on Sas and her little Lucy

Vermontcat
03-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Some of you may know that Sasvermont hasn't been posting lately because she broke her wrist a few weeks ago.
She has been in a lot of pain and has a cast on it until April 5th.
Also her sweet little black kitty Lucy just got spayed on Friday and she is doing well other than having to wear a conehead.
So if you all miss her as much as I do, how about posting some Get Well Soon wishes here for her and Lucy.

GET WELL SOON SALLYANNE AND LITTLE LUCY TOO! :D

http://www.actioncat.com/platinum/images/pl-teasympathy.gif

catnapper
03-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Get well little one (and hooman too!)

My little Abby sends her sympathy because she had to wear the cone too.

NoahsMommy
03-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Get Well Soon, SAS!!!

Best wishes for a quick recovery, Lucy!

Hope to see you all back here soon. We miss you! :)

ramanth
03-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Owie!!! I broke my wrist years ago and it hurt sooo much. :( :(

I hope you heal soon SAS! And Lucy, I hope you recover quickly as well.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Get well soon SAS and Little Lucy!!! :)

jenluckenbach
03-14-2005, 01:23 PM
OUCH! I did not know you were broken, :rolleyes:

Hope you mend soon and your remaining time in the cast passes quickly.

Best wishes for Lucy, too.

Edwina's Secretary
03-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Sally Anne has to wear a cone???? And Lucy has a cast????

Oh wait....do I have that backwards??? :D ;) :D

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you both!

Vio&Juni
03-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Get well soon, SAS and Lucy!

catmandu
03-14-2005, 03:02 PM
SAs,Fluffy Angel,is coming to look,after you,and see that your recovery,for Both,of You,is going according,to schedule!

sirrahbed
03-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Sallyanne managed to tap me out a short PM when I posted about Lizzie - I thought that was sooo sweet of her as she did it with one hand and so no caps or punctuation - but she wanted to give some encouragement!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/ballons.gif PLEASE HEAL UP SOON SALLYANNE!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/ballons.gif

Vermontcat
03-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Sirrahbed, typing is hard for her, I have been PMing her too.
She won't be knitting any new mittens for a while but at least she can drive and go to work.

catcrazylady
03-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Poor SAS and poor Lucy! Best wishes to you both and I hope you both are as good as new very soon.

Take care SAS and keep lurking or you will never get caught up when your wrist heals!;) :D Take care and we are thinking about you!

Karen
03-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Yowch for Sas and sympathy for Lucygirl. Hope you both heal quickly.

Logan
03-14-2005, 10:02 PM
I had no idea you had broken your wrist, Sallyanne! You'll have to fill us in when you are better. Big hugs to you and Lucy as you recuperate. :)

Logan

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Please take care and get well soon SAS and little Lucy. We all miss you here at PT.:)

Pam
03-15-2005, 06:18 AM
Gosh Sallyanne I had no idea! I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope that you aren't in too much pain. Did you take a fall on the ice? (Lord knows you New England folks have had enough snow this year!) I'm glad you are able to drive and peck a little bit on the keyboard. Warm *Get Well* wishes are speeding your way from myself and the four furry ones. ((hugs))

Vermontcat
03-15-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm bumping this up so Sallyanne can see it since she is online right now.:)

sasvermont
03-16-2005, 06:55 AM
i will be fine. i have a dr. appt on apr 5th and i hope the cast will be removed then. i am in constant pain, taking meds at night so i can work in the day. i am usually in bed by 7pm. this has really been aearning experience for me,

lucy is fine. she did struggle with the ecollar for a couple of days. one day i came home only to find her with a paw up through the neck part, along with her neck. i hope she hadnt been like that for very long! i quickly cut the plastic collar off and switched to the soft ecollar. she is fine fine fine and sailed right through her spaying! the vet sent her home the same day, because she was running around, flipping over and purring as though nothing had been done to her. she did however sleep quite a bit once she got home. she is a good bed companion.

chloe miley and juni rose are all fine. denver and cinnamon are just about ready for a spring on the porch. their room will need a thorough cleaning, for sure.

thanks for all of the get well wishes. soon, soon, i will get the use of my left wrist/hand soon, soon.

yes, i fell on the ice near my car, at the house. it is all covered on my insurance, so i wont go broke as my wrist heals, as the dr. bills are emense!

love to all.....by the way, i read the posts a lot, just save my huntinhg and pecking for work hours.

sirrahbed
03-16-2005, 07:08 AM
Having a bed companion like Lucy will help you heal faster!!:D

Is it usual to have this pain even with a cast?? Have you told the doctor Sallyanne??

rosethecopycat
03-16-2005, 07:53 AM
Get Well soon, SAS.

You've got lots of people and cats thinking about you.

Randy_K
03-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Sorry to hear of the slip-and-fall. Heal fast!

Pecking... with your nose???

Pam
03-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Sallyanne I complete commiserate with you. I fell on the ice in the parking lot at work about two years ago and broke the tip of my elbow. One minute you are upright and the next minute you are face to face with the ground. :rolleyes: I am glad you were able to peck us out a note. You know you type better with one hand than many folks do with two! LOL!

Logan
03-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Bless your heart. :( I'm so sorry, Sallyanne, that you are still in so much pain. I don't think you should be either, to tell you the truth. Normally, when a broken bone gets set in a cast, the pain subsides....at least that's what I thought. I wouldn't hesitate to call the doc and make sure everything is ok.

We'll be thinking of you and hoping that you're going to be feeling better soon. My mom broke her wrist about 6 years ago. She was playing baseball with my nephew! :eek:

Take care of yourself, and hugs to those sweet babies of yours. I'm glad Lucy is doing so well after her spay.

Logan

rg_girlca
03-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Gosh I am so sorry to hear you broke your wrist and that you are still in a lot of pain. I also thought the same thing as Logan, that once the break was set and put in a cast that the pain would subside. Maybe they put the cast on too tight??? Poor you.

I hope and pray that the pain will ease off very soon and very glad to hear that all went well with Lucy.

Take care.:)

Barbara
03-19-2005, 10:30 AM
I am worried too that you are still in pain! On the other hand..... I partly broke my wrist 15 years ago (when trying to dance with Gene Kelly, he on the screen and I on my living room carpet ;)) and it still hurts from time to time -but I can do anything with it.

I send kisses to my favorite kitty girls and their black sister :), to you and to the bunnies.