PDA

View Full Version : Except slugs and leeches

4 feline house
11-23-2001, 10:08 PM
I was browsing the profiles and had to laugh when Karen said she likes all animals except slugs and leeches! Amen, and add to that roaches, flies and mosquitos!

Logan
11-23-2001, 10:23 PM
I'm with you, Leah! :D :D :D

Daisy's Mom
11-25-2001, 12:42 AM
Ditto!!!! ESPECIALLY LEECHES! Once when I was little, my family went camping in the White Mountains in NH on the Saco River. I was in the water and I got a leech on my foot. Suddenly it looked as though it had exploded into millions of tiny pieces, but when I looked closer, they were tiny leeches. My foot was completely covered with leech babies! Literally covered... you couldn't see the skin on my foot. All you could see was a wriggling mass of black leech, all sucking my blood! I freaked out and screamed, and it took me and my mother at least an hour to scrape the leeches (and the skin!) off my foot! That story STILL gives me the creeps! Yuck!

And I'd like to add ticks to that list! I found one on my the other day in school! Weird...

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: Daisy's Mom ]

zippy-kat
11-25-2001, 03:02 AM
Ewwww...Brig! That story gave me chills!

While visiting my gma in WV, we went on a walk thru the field. I guess a tick got caught on our pant legs and we carried it into the house. I fell asleep on the couch, woke up, ran my fingers thru my hair, and screaaammmmeddd! There was a tick on my scalp! I MADE Mom and Dad look thru my hair numerous times to make sure there weren't anymore!!!!

I've been trying to remember a children's poem about 'yucky bugs' but my brain's not working...musta been sucked out by the tick! :eek:

Karen
11-25-2001, 04:11 PM
You know, I don'y mind mosquitos - birds eat them, so they have a reason to exist, and besides, it's not REALLY summer 'til you get your first mosquito bite, right? Flies help break down decaying animal matter, though it's gross to see, it's better than rotting bodies lying around. Also flies - fruit flies in particular - reproduce and die quickly, and so are very valuable for scientists to research.

Ticks, as much as we hate them, do remind us to groom our beloved pets in season very carefully, enhancing our physical closeness. I am hard-pressed to come up with a defense for raoches, though the giant hissing ones in zoos are really neat.

But for me, there is, as my profile hints, a giant line of acceptability - and slugs and leaches are way on the other side. All there is to it. No one will convince me otherwise.

4 feline house
11-25-2001, 04:32 PM
Well, in that vein, roaches do provide for some nice entertainment for our kitties - I witnessed that last night! Oh, also, entertainment for our kids as they watch their moms dance on the couch screaming "There it is! Get it! Don't let Cookie have it, she'll just play with it! It's running over here! GET IT!! GET IT BEFORE IT GETS ME!!!"