PDA

View Full Version : A New Obsession....

QueenScoopalot
03-13-2005, 06:44 PM
I got word of two cats that are Persians being fed by a woman somewhat near me. She doesn't see them often, but I went there today, and she pointed out the house across the way where she's been seeing them. I walked around that house, and saw nothing, but at the next one over (by a busy street :rolleyes: ) there was a matted up seal-point Himalayan/Persian, and also a matted orange one. The kid from upstairs leaned out the window, and I asked him if the cats were his. He told me they belong to the downstairs neighbor (who has a black one as well) and the cats stay outside because they attack the dog! :mad: The cats are in dire need of grooming, and a meal other than trash pickings. I did see a dish on the back deck, but didn't look to see if it had food or not. The can of wet I put down was gobbled up by the Himmi.:( I debated about knocking on the door and asking the guy if I could have the cats, but know the answer would likely be "NO"! Hmmm...I'm terribly tempted to make them go "POOF" into the night, and give them a better life than what they have now. I didn't even see the black one the kid told me about. Last week we had a bitter cold drop in temps where it was minus 16 wind chill! :eek: Painfully cold for me to even open the door for one moment to let our dogs out, and I hate to think that these cats spent the night in it all matted up! :mad: :( To thieve, or not to thieve that is the question. :confused:

catnapper
03-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Is there any question! Go put on some catnapping clothing and steal them away TONIGHT!

catmandu
03-13-2005, 07:41 PM
That is a tough thing,to decide,but i the long run,I know that Ragnar,and Scrappy 2,are going,to hae much better lives,with me,than they will,out,in this cold,with people,who dont give a damn,about them, I took them,the way,I did Gary,and The Gray,and White Cat,who I was able,to get rehomed.And I bet that the Idiot,doesnt even notice,that they are gone.If he does,so what,Prove,it,Idiot!!

Summer Magic
03-13-2005, 08:07 PM
First of all I can't be a part of anything illegal (hehe) what's so strange about you walking around (in your catnaping clothes) and finding a stray kitty on the sidewalk and deciding to take it home and adopt it?? Do they wear collars is there any identification on them?? The kitties won't tell.

aly
03-13-2005, 08:08 PM
My prayers will be with you and the cats. I hope you are able to get the kitties out of that situation because I know they'll be in the best hands possible if you do. Good luck!

Shady
03-13-2005, 09:24 PM
I vote for *poof into the night* dont even think twice.

No excuse for that kind of neglect in my opinion ....ever.

kaoK'okung
03-13-2005, 09:38 PM
a real chance to be a cat's best friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...but you could also call your local pet authorites and report the person and offer that you will adopt them...but either way, if they are in trouble, action needs to be taken!!!!!!!!.....GL!!!!.....

MULTICATMOM
03-13-2005, 11:29 PM
1996-97 THE DRUNKS DOWN THE WAY HAD A PUPPIE THAT WENT *POOF* AFTER THEY PENNED IT UP W/ NO FOOD OR WATER, THEN WHEN I DID ASK, SHE BLAMED IT ON HER 11 YO SON. HE MOSTLY STAYED WITH US, SHE NEGLECTED HIM TO...:( :( WELL THAT PUPPY TURNED UP IN GROTON, MA, AT MY SISTERS, WHERE SHE LIVES HAPPILY AS A HOUSE PET W/ MY EX-BRO-N-LAW EVEN NOW...:D :rolleyes: :D ;)

I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT IS BEST...;)

Corinna
03-13-2005, 11:36 PM
MMMMM visions of catnap colthes I think I have an idea for a new career. Could make bunch just here on PT. :D
I vote POOF for all three if you can find them.

Mad Mags Moo
03-14-2005, 06:02 AM
Think I would get those catnapping clothes on and go to the rescue of those poor cats...they deserve better...you go and get them!!:D

QueenScoopalot
03-14-2005, 06:24 AM
It may not be as easy as it sounds. :( The Seal-point himmi/Persian came right to me yesterday, but the orange one took off to the back yard. And I didn't even see the third cat the boy said the guy had. If I could lure them around the corner it would be much easier....or do Hansel & Gretel with roast beef. Then I stand a better chance of getting them contained, and wisking them off into the night. It's a very congested neighborhood with houses crammed together, and a busy street in front, and quite busy in the back as well. I think I may try the asking ploy first, but have a friend do the asking, and have no cars in sight to ID. If I get a "no" then I'll start plan "B"! The two cats I saw yesterday I just wanted to start brushing and snipping their filthy matted coats...so sad. What do catnapping clothes look like? Maybe Corinna can knit me a head to toe suit complete with whiskers and a tail! :D
MCM...GLAD THE PUP WENT *POOF*!

catcrazylady
03-14-2005, 06:33 AM
I think you have a good plan there Jan. Have a friend ask first so they won't know what you look like. That way if you start hanging around they won't think you are a catnapper!
I think we all already know that these kitties are getting ready to join your gang!;)

Don't worry Jan, we will all get together and put up bail money if necessary!!:D :D :D Start napping girl friend and we will sit back and wait for pictures.

It does sound like they really need you Jan. What pathetic owners.:mad:

QueenScoopalot
03-14-2005, 07:35 AM
I already have a professional groomer I got wind of that will take care of the cats for free, so that's a start. I just get the feeling this jerk who owns them will be saying "NO" as they are purebreds, and he probably shelled out some serious $$$ for them, but fails to see any need to do so now. :mad: :mad: I wanted so badly to scoop up the smooshie faced seal-point cat yesterday, and take her out of that crappy life. The orange one looks like a beautiful cat under all the filth and matts. :( ARGHHH how I detest irresponsible people.:mad: :( :rolleyes: I'll bring the camera if I remember. ;)

elminster20
03-14-2005, 07:50 AM
good luck with the catnapping, you'll give them a much needed home. Let us know how the caper comes off:)

catfamily
03-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Good Luck getting these 2 and hopefully the black one inside.Sounds like the 2 outside need to be rescued sooner than later.Poor babies:( Let me know if I can help.I'm only 5 minutes away:)

Jods
03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
If the cats have a microchip or tattoo which they probably don't, but they are purebred so the breeder may have done it when they were small. So anyways if they do when you take them to the vet the vet HAS to check and notify owners if a name comes up. Good luck though!:)

QueenScoopalot
03-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by catfamily
Good Luck getting these 2 and hopefully the black one inside.Sounds like the 2 outside need to be rescued sooner than later.Poor babies:( Let me know if I can help.I'm only 5 minutes away:)
All three cats are outside Carla, but I have yet to see the 3rd one. I went by there earlier, and felt so awful for the himmi laying on the cold tar, all covered with dirt, and matts. :( No heist yet....my back's gone out bad on me. :(

Jayna78
03-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Good luck to you as you try to save these kitties! I hate to hear of such horrible neglect, and it would serve that jerk owner right if you made them go "poof" - I bet those cats would be happier right away.

I know that Persians can be very friendly and sweet, so I doubt it'd be much time before they're letting you (and others) love them.

Hope your back feels better soon so you can "catnap" them. :)

QueenScoopalot
03-15-2005, 06:30 PM
No one was home earlier when Carla and I went by...so one went *POOF*:eek: I couldn't walk away today after watching her wolf down the canned food I put down for her. She grabbed chunks and inhaled it. :( So I have a horribly matted lovely, and loving cat stinking of garbage in my bathroom now. I've been trying to work out mats that are much bigger than my hand off from under the kitties neck. She's so strung together with them, she can barely move. :mad: She ate two more cans of food when I got her home, and a good amount of dry food as well. Plus she's sneezing. :rolleyes: I can't even tell this cats sex due to large amounts of mats back there as well. This baby will need a total shave down. :( I didn't like stealing her by any means, but after seeing how this cat's been thrown outside (along with the others that I didn't see) all Winter...this jerk doesn't seem to care. Neighbors have been feeding them when they see them, as otherwise the cats are eating trash. :rolleyes: :( No bail money needed yet. ;)

kaoK'okung
03-15-2005, 07:22 PM
WTG QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!...you will be repaid many many times for saving one from a life of misery....2 more "poof's" and the job is complete!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) ...i wish all the luck in the world....

dukedogsmom
03-15-2005, 07:28 PM
I am so glad you got at least one! Pook kitty. They deserve so much better and you are truly a Queen to give it to them.

kaoK'okung
03-15-2005, 07:43 PM
my vote is for the name "POOF"...lol...;) ;)

QueenScoopalot
03-15-2005, 07:48 PM
I agree they deserve better. The poor thing's limping to top it all off. I'm not sure if it's strained, or those awful mats that are causing the limping. She's not putting much weight on one of her hind legs. She may have injured it outside on something as she limped to me this afternoon. Working on the "Underground Cat Railroad" to get this kitty groomed first and foremost. ;) Sweet, and appreciating the warmth she's been lacking all Winter. :) I feel like vomiting at the stench in my bathroom though. :rolleyes:

kuhio98
03-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Good job, Jan.

Am I the only one who hears the theme from the "Pink Panther" in my head when I read about one of your escapades? :p

Shady
03-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
I agree they deserve better. The poor thing's limping to top it all off. I'm not sure if it's strained, or those awful mats that are causing the limping. She's not putting much weight on one of her hind legs. She may have injured it outside on something as she limped to me this afternoon. Working on the "Underground Cat Railroad" to get this kitty groomed first and foremost. ;) Sweet, and appreciating the warmth she's been lacking all Winter. :) I feel like vomiting at the stench in my bathroom though. :rolleyes:

Makes me so angry when people basically 'throw' away pets.

It sounds like you got to her just in time, she's so lucky she's in good hands. Starving too. My word. :(

There is such a thing as a dematting tool..but it sounds like it's so bad it's too far gone, a lion cut and a good bath is the only way to go probably a lot easier on kitty too. When they are matted that bad the urine doesnt always make it to the ground, which obviously doesnt help with the stench that over and over again would be so rank. Yikes.

Kudos to you for caring and making a difference!

MULTICATMOM
03-15-2005, 11:58 PM
GOOD JOB *POOFING* QSA!! 1 DOWN 2 TO GO...
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU & CARLA!!;) ;) SOMETIMES UNORTHODOX IS THE ONLY SOLUTION...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I JUST GO WITH IT...

WITH ALL THIS GOING ON, I HAVEN'T HEARD ANY MENTION, HOW'S LITTLE KATY KATKINS?

catfamily
03-16-2005, 08:01 AM
Jan did a great job getting this poor kitty.With no stress on the cat.The cat is so beautiful and really the most lovable kitty.Reminded me so much of my Colby.I really wanted her or him to come home with me but....well..I do have 13 cats.But this cat is such a love.And really needs to be treated well.He or she doesn't seem to have a mean bone in the body.I wish I didn't have so many.I'd love to have 2 Colby personalitys around.And kind of looks like him too.Only not the same color.I know anyone would gladly adopt this cat.I hope the other 2 get caught too.Such nice cats.Poor things.I'm so happy Jan is here on this earth.She's saved so many many lives.God bless you Jan:)

Rie Rie
03-16-2005, 08:16 AM
Could be this person doesn't even know what kind of cats he has. Surely if he did he would take better care ofthem, unless he's just a total IDIOT!!!!
I'm glad you were able to rescue the one, and hopefully you'll get the other two soon.

val
03-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Hey Jan! Congrats on the rescue! I really hope you can get the other two. Anywhere to "hide" a trap? I doubt the guy looks around much out there so he may not find one. If he gets ugly about it you could just threaten to turn him in for neglect and cruelty. Pics of the kitties before the shave down to show condition. Sounds like they probably all need to be seen by a vet soon as they've probably never been. Again, great rescue, be careful and try to stay warm!

ramanth
03-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Great job on making on go *POOF*! :D

Pictures! :)

mina'smomma
03-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
To thieve, or not to thieve that is the question. :confused:

There is no question to ponder dear Jan. It is time to commence Operation Kitty Resuce.

Corinna
03-16-2005, 10:24 AM
I would need to know your size for this catnap suit. Knitting it could take time. Glad you got one, maybe its good they poof slowly one at a time. Less suspicous. :)

persianmom
03-16-2005, 10:37 AM
I'm with proof during the night. These little guys need a good home. Go get the capnapping clothes and have fun. they won't even know they are gone.

QueenScoopalot
03-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I would need to know your size for this catnap suit. Knitting it could take time. Glad you got one, maybe its good they poof slowly one at a time. Less suspicous. :)
ROFLMAO Corinna! I could use mats from this lovely Himalayan/Persian to let you use for the suit! Then I too would stink like garbage, and blend right into the neighborhood! I can even meow like a cat (I do better kitten imitations though):D Hey..throw some catnip in the dirt, and I'll even roll around! :D :D Just don't expect me to eat cat food! :rolleyes: Size 7-8 will be about right! I'll start saving found kitty whiskers to send as well. :D

catcrazylady
03-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Jan I'm so glad you caught her! She sounds like such a sweetheart living such a pathetic life.:( I'm sure once all the mats are removed she will feel so much better. Poor baby.

When does "Operation (catnap) Rescue" go into phase 2?;)
:D

edit: Hey, I want pictures of you in your catnapping suit rolling around in the nip!!!:p

Denyce
03-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Thievery? Stealing? NOOO........pooo....not any of those thing....

the word is

LIBERATION!

Good Luck!!

Denyce

rg_girlca
03-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Oh Jan, I am so glad that you were able to get at least one of them for now. Here this cat has to endure cold weather, garbage food, severe matting that surely is bothersome and she/he is still a little love bug.

Bless you Jan, for caring so much.

I hope your back is better. Please take care of yourself and be careful out there.

I'll start putting aside some bond money just in case.:D

mruffruff
03-16-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm so glad you got one.

It may be better that only one goes 'poof' at a time, as someone already said.

I agree that a shave down is going to be necessary. That will help with the smell and also give you an idea of the limping problem. Hope you can find someone to do that soon!

Keep warm and take care of that back.

Mary

QueenScoopalot
03-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Well through that marvelous and always active grapevine, I likely have a home for the kitty. Indoor only, and this woman had a Persian for 17 years so knows what she's getting into as far as upkeep on this kitties coat. Kitty's going to the vets, and then the groomer either tomorrow, or Friday for a probable shave down. I took a bunch of pics, but you can't really tell how badly matted her/his coat is, as it's mostly the undercoat that's like felt. :( I do have one picture where my fingers have vanished under the enormous neck mat! :eek: I tried working on that one a bit last night, but it's so huge, and tight to the skin, I don't want to risk injuring the cat. Still have no idea if it's a male or female even though I did try to look. :rolleyes: I have a friend who works in that area, and Cindy went and scoped out the area late last night, but saw no other cats, but is leaving food for the others. It may take a while for "Operation Catnap" to resume, as I would prefer no altercations. :o Pictures hopefully up tomorrow. ;)