PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about Pepper Jack

catcrazylady
03-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Hubby and I had been living peacefuly with our six cats for about a year when lo and behold the feral momma cat showed up again! By now I clearly knew what this meant! She was hanging around for a few days then here comes three cute little furballs! Yes, it was the magic number three again. *sigh* My only consolation was that hubby had had about a year to get over all the shock and trauma of the five additional kitties since we had moved in.;)

I decided to get this over with quickly and yelled for him to come and see what was on the porch. I must have had that "Oh my gosh I just love kittens" look on my face because he stopped before he got to the window. Don't tell me? Yep.

The first one he saw was Pete and the man litterally swooned! Pete was all white with huge blue eyes and long fluffy hair. Next popped up this cute as a button gray/black kitten. He had huge green eyes that just made you smile. Suddenly a little dilute calico with white darted across the porch. Three again? Yep. He shook his head and walked away. I knew I had him though because the soon to be Pete had melted the man into a puddle. Of course, by now he knew that we would not be bringing in the one and leaving any siblings on the porch!:D

It was really cold outside as the momma had the babies late and it was already November. I put a box outside but I had to leave it open on top and on one side or momma kitty would not go in it. She was terrified of closed spaces. I took a good down comforter :) and a wool blanket and put them in the box. The babies loved it and momma kitty actually got in it too.

Even though it was freezing outside I started playing the string game to loosen them up. I couldn't do it as often as I would have liked because I was freezing!

As soon as they were weaned and momma left again I started trying to get them in the door. Pete was a piece of cake but the other two weren't falling for it. I couldn't get too close to either of them. One morning at around 5:00 am I went out to take them breakfast. I felt something on my leg. I looked down and the little gray/black was rubbing on my leg! All of the sudden he rolled over onto his back on my feet! I slowly stooped down and started rubbing his belly and he purred like crazy. I couldn't believe that with all the effort I had been putting into them, out of the clear blue sky he just suddenly decided he likes me!

He followed Pete in that evening, checked out the house, and has been our little love muffin ever since! I originally named him Pepper because of his coloring but once his personality became clear hubby added the Jack and it was perfect!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/p93e9aeb9a9c811ce54477de9dc5d74e3/fae9513a.jpg

His eyes are always so wide! You would swear he was a hoot owl or always scared to death. We laugh at him all the time because of the shocked look that is always on his face.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p08c9cb9012f91fce3eeeb907a2d532ee/f6c7de6b.jpg

He lights up a room whenever he comes in. Most of the kitties bonded strictly with me but Pepper Jack loves daddy too. He is a playful and fun little guy.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid153/p10215c88bc6e6bcb86f31cd073a7353b/f58f78f0.jpg

He is a real joy to be around. He is very loving and he is a kind kitty. He causes no trouble and I can't really think of anything at all bad to say about him. We think he's the perfect kitty!

Here are a few favorite photo's
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/pae3da3515bb968bace4c2a50bbf7a003/f55cf704.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/p538bb8d9fa2de825b9df8b985c530c46/f55d013a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p29eab8104d768466261a3bd5e0bc87fa/f9ab66a2.jpg

Well that's our Pepper Jack. Thankfully his story is not all that exciting. He truly is a joy and spends every night with us. He loves to be loved and I love giving him what he wants!!
:D

catlady1945
03-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Beautiful guy!

Vio&Juni
03-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Since I've seen his picture for the first time, I fell in love with this fluffy boy with greenish eyes.

That momma kitty knows where to bring her kittens:)

sirrahbed
03-13-2005, 03:01 PM
OH!! OH!!! Pepper Jack! Vio is right - that momma knows where to bring her babies and she sure does have beautiful ones, too:D

PJ has the most amazing and stunning eyes!! Wide and green. I love that picture of him nestled in your ficus Lisa;)

What a a sweet and trusting little guy to roll over and show you his belly. He knew who he could trust!!

Yay!! Tomorrow is Pervy!! heehee:)

dogs_4_me
03-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Oh my :eek: Those green eyes are just gorgeous! Id love to see more pictures of him!

Corinna
03-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Ok i see pete and PJ but what happened to the dualute calico? .

QueenScoopalot
03-13-2005, 03:09 PM
I just love those full moon eyes on Pepper Jack! :eek: Way too handsome looking....please give him some kisses for me! :D And no....we're not bored with the stories, and I'm looking forward to tomorrows tail!;)

rg_girlca
03-13-2005, 03:23 PM
I agree that the mama knew exactly what she was doing. I can just hear her now, "Okay my little ones, time to introduce you to your new mommy now, follow me." :D

Oh gosh Lisa, Pepper Jack is so gosh darn G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S and I found his story just as interesting as the others.
I also love those big beautiful green eyes of his.

I look so forward to reading your stories. :)

catmandu
03-13-2005, 03:29 PM
You eratinly made a difference,with Pepper Jack,and I know,that the Lord,gave him,the hint,to be your Friend,he whipered,this is a Cat Person,who will love you.I am praying that Scrappy 2,comes around,but then again,it has been less,than 24 hours.

DogLover9501
03-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Yay-Another "Lets talk about" story!

Yet another great story, Pepper Jack is gorgeous!

His eyes remind me of Emma's, we always say she looks surprised :D

Oh, and you know that you've got us hooked now, right? ;)

krazyaboutkatz
03-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Pepper Jack sure is gorgeous and I'm so glad that he gained your trust so quickly. His eyes sure are beautiful too.:) Now I know where Pete fits in. I was a bit confused there for a while.;)

Soapets
03-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Another wonderful story about a GORGEOUS cat!:) You know, that momma cat must be the "real" owner of your house. She was probably there a long time before you moved in, and was just letting you live there on the condition that she could always come back and have her kittens and turn them over to you to raise! You probably just overlooked that aspect in the fine print when you signed whatever papers you needed to sign to get the house!:D

catnapper
03-13-2005, 05:25 PM
I've been in love with Pepper Jack for the longest time. What a sweet and wonderfulboy he is!

Shady
03-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Pepper Jack is one handsome dude. Beautiful eyes and colouring.

Wonderful stories, I know we're going through all of your kitties, I just know it has to end though at some point. Any chance of going out and getting some more to write about?? ;) (kidding)

jazzcat
03-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Aww, handsome Pepper Jack. I love the pictures and his story. I had to laugh at how your husband didn't put up any fights, LOL.

When you complete all the stories you should combine them into one thread with links so there is easy access to them. Plus that way if any newbie wants to know about your pets you can direct them to the one post, lol.

I look forward to each day's installment of the CCL Crew. Thanks for taking the time to do this Lisa.

auggie
03-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Yay, Pepper Jack pictures!
I was hoping that today was his turn.
He is such a gorgeous cat! I had to laugh at your “hoot owl” description.
His bright eyes are so pretty.
I wonder what the momma cat looked like. She sure had some beautiful babies.

CalliesMom
03-13-2005, 09:06 PM
He is certainly gorgeous and what a great personality to boot.

Jayna78
03-16-2005, 01:08 AM
What a beautiful boy! :) Sounds like a sweetie!