PDA

View Full Version : Lost my buddy Trevor, in 2003

Northwoods
03-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Back in 2003, my buddy Trevor past away. We live in Northern Wisconsin where it becomes very cold, so we let our dogs in at night, when it gets below 20. One particular night, my wife got up at about 2 am to let them out, and discovered Trevors stomach was bloated and he couldn't get up. We rushed him to the vet, whom we had called ahead to, but he died in my arms as the vet feverishly worked on him. His stomach had apparently become twisted.
Even today as I relive that night, it is difficult to think about. You might be interested in reading an editorial entitled "Pets are Family Too" that I have written on our website: www.WisconsinNorthwoodsLiving.com

Karen
03-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Bloat is a terrible thing, and it can take a beloved dog from us in an instant. I've moved this to Dog Memorial, where it belongs. Welcome to Pet Talk, we'd love to hear more about Trevor, and your other dogs, too!

dogs_4_me
03-13-2005, 02:59 PM
I am so sorry about Trevor. The loss of a dog companion is always so hard. I would love to hear more stories about Trevor, I am sure he was a great dog!

LorraineO
03-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Terribly sorry for your very painful loss....

Northwoods
03-14-2005, 06:30 AM
Trevor was a special buddy. The part that was such a shock about him dying was that he was the younger of our two dogs. Our other dear friend, Cinnamon, is still with us but is showing her age (14+). Cinnamon was so lost when Trevor died and in some ways, I don’t think she has ever been the same since. The two of them, Trevor and Cinnamon, always had this battle for supremacy of the dog house (I built them a two room dog house - one for them and one for me- LOL). Now, since Trevor has been gone, Cinnamon hardly goes in it anymore?????? I could go on and on, but I’ll save it for another time.

ramanth
03-14-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

My parents lost their Irish Setter, Rusty, to 'belly flip-flop'.

Northwoods
03-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I could never say no to this face. This was Trevor the summer before he died.http://tinypic.com/28kpxj

GoldenRetrieverLover_01
03-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Oh, I am so sorry. :(The loss of a pet is alwas hard. Was Trevor a Golden Retriever? I actually own one, but I am lucky he is still here with me- Buddy is very young. How old was Trevor??

Northwoods
03-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Trevor was a Yellow Lab mix (some neighbor's dog?). He was 11 days short of being 12. I have an editorial on my wesite you might be interested in reading entitled Pets Are Family Too. www.wisconsinnorthwoodsliving.com (http://www.wisconsinnorthwoodsliving.com)

Josh4Colts
03-18-2005, 08:45 PM
sorry about your loss

tatsxxx11
03-29-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm typing through tears, just having read your moving tribute to your beautiful best friend Trevor on your website. I know you say, "Oh, he was no purebred." But his love for balls and retrieving tells me the Lab in him was definitely in charge:) As well, his incomparable devotion and loyalty to his Dad. How blessed you were to have known his love and friendship those many years. I hope Cinnamon is doing better now. But I have a feeling she, like you, is still missing her best friend terribly. God Bless you Trevor for bringing such love and comfort and joy to your family. Such is the indescribable preciousness of a dog. Love, Sandra, Cody and Star, the Lab.

Sudilar
04-07-2005, 12:33 AM
What a wonderful tribute. I am so sorry for your loss.
Bloat scares me to death.
Hugs.

Northwoods
04-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Here is another picture of my dear old friend Trevor standing next to our dear old friend Cinnamon
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/WisconsinNorthwoodsLiving/41eb9a27.jpg

Standing On The Dock Of The Lake

K9soul
04-07-2005, 09:08 PM
What a beautiful dog, and a beautifully written editorial. As you know, he didn't need to be a purebred to have a such a pure and loving heart. Your words are very wise, to love and enjoy our cherished family members, both four-legged and two-legged, to the fullest, because you never know what tomorrow may bring. Thank you so much for sharing your precious and beloved Trevor. Truly he was one of a kind.

Northwoods
04-11-2005, 09:38 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/WisconsinNorthwoodsLiving/trevinwater.jpg

Trevor is looking for his ball that he kept dropping from the dock. I think he loved seeing Dad get his cloths wet when I finally retrieved the ball for him. :D He used to go bananas when he couldn't find it or get to it. :(

anna_66
04-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Your story of Trevor just brought me to tears. We had a chow who died from bloat also & I understand just how terrible it is.

You have a beautiful editorial and I see how much you loved Trevor. Just know he is at the bridge now having the time of his life and just waiting for you...his best friend.

Anna

Northwoods
04-11-2005, 12:23 PM
I want to thank everyone for their compliments on my editorial / tribute to my departed best friend Trevor. I never considered myself any kind of a writer. I even flunked English many many moons ago in high school. I have later in life discovered I have somewhat of a knack for putting things into words (you can teach an old dog new tricks - lol). I also find it easy finding words when it’s about a special old friend like Trevor. It also helps having a great partner in life: my Wife Kristine. I write and she polishes and edits.

Thanks again to all!
-George

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Trevor!!:( He was a beautiful dog, and I know you miss him very much! RIP dear Trevor!:(

tatsxxx11
04-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Thanks again George, for sharing your beloved Trevor with us all...and the beautiful photos. We're like family here and another's loss is like our own. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

God Bless you Trevor. Your pawprints remain forever in the hearts of all who knew and loved you.