PDA

View Full Version : Pet Commercials

Pam
11-21-2001, 06:36 AM
There's a new commercial on these days for cat litter (unfortunately I forget the brand :confused: ). Anyway it has "diamonds" in it and the dialog between the cats regarding the "diamonds" is just hysterical. If you have seen it you know what I mean. I love the comment at the end from the little kitten.....he says "whatever!" :D Anyone have a favorite commercial?

Former User
11-21-2001, 07:58 AM
I'm not in America, so I don't know that one you mentioned Pam. Whiskas has a cute winter commercial with a kitty wondering in a snow, and then at the end, little bit of snow falls on top of the kitty's head. She's so adorable!! And the commercial is welldone!

Corinna
11-21-2001, 08:38 AM
I like the new Eukanuba for healthy teeth. That big beautiful newfie rescuing the family in an over turned sail boat is FANTASTIC.

Rottie
11-21-2001, 10:58 AM
Oh yes, I've seen it. It is soo funny! :D :D :D

gini
11-21-2001, 12:26 PM
Chuck, thanks, I too loved that commercial.

Have you all seen the Lassie look-alike that is sent in all directions to save the family from one tragedy after another?

He goes out to look for a new home.

Albea
11-21-2001, 12:37 PM
Yes, I've seen that commercial for kitty litter, it's very funny. My all time favorite is one for Advantage, it was in the Animal Planet Channel last Summer. It's the one where all the dogs are at the groomer gossiping about another dog that has ticks because the owner doesn't use Advantage. At the end there is a Golden and another puppy who asks:"What is a tick?"

zippy-kat
11-21-2001, 02:12 PM
I love the lil' "whatever" commercial!

Ok, saw this one the other day...dunno if I like it or not?! :confused:
It was something about a female bobsled(?) team appearing at the Olympics. Anywho, they were practicing and a snowshoe hare runs out in front of them. Of course, the slam on the breaks and the bun hops to safety but then the person in back says, "Ya know...If this happens during the Olympics--he's toast!" :eek:

Also saw another cute one, shows a squirrel doing squirrel things beside the road, and then here comes a car. The squirrel darts in front of the car making the car swerve, tires squeeeeeling. Then it shows the squirrel giving another squirrel a high five!

Pam
11-21-2001, 02:16 PM
Albea I love that commercial too!!!! PetsMart has several good ones also. I love the one where the guy brings home a puppy and is clueless about what to do with it. First thing, the dog lifts his leg! :eek: Then the guy leaves the dog loose while he is out and the dog trashes the place! :D I think the commercial is aimed at letting people know that PetsMart has obedience classes. :D

I think lots of us Pet Talkers could probably write some pretty good commercials ourselves. I am thinking especially of the Phred stories! LOL! Phred, if you're out there, it might be a nice cushy job after you retire from fighting fires!!

Phred
11-21-2001, 02:28 PM
Not too sure what product line the Cinder & Smoke Tails could promote :confused:?

gini
11-21-2001, 02:59 PM
Well let's see..........Cinder and Smoke could sell some hamburgers and fries......

(when you aren't looking of course)

Pam
11-21-2001, 03:42 PM
Phred whatever they would promote it would sell! I think that what makes these commercials so totally enjoyable is that the producers are able to get into the mind of a dog or cat and what comes out is hilarious! We have been treated to Cinder and Smoke and even Boots tales through your ability to do just that!

4 feline house
11-21-2001, 06:01 PM
My favorites, in no particular order (some having been previously mentioned):

Petopia's sock puppy trying to get into the kitty's apartment, bribing the doorman - "I'll give you thr - four dollars!"

Petsmart or Petco, where the dog and cat have stacked pet carriers, chairs, goldfish bowls on dog's back so cat can sneak a peak at their hidden Christmas presents.

Advantage - with all the puppies and kittens singing to the tune of that Peter Pan song - "If you don't use Advantage scratch your ear! If you don't use Advantage scratch your rear!...."

Herding Cats!

Lassie saving the world!

gini
11-21-2001, 06:57 PM
Leah, I have never seen the Advantage commercial. Wish I had, I would show it to Rascal who hates those little tubes......once a month.

I think I need to teach this song to my little niece - it will make my brother go nuts!

Thanks...........

zippy-kat
11-22-2001, 12:43 PM
Hi Miz and Mizzer PetTalk peepholes-

Diz is Sophie Bunny 'n I thinkz Cinner and Mokey should sellz Fire De-tek-torz.

Well, I've gotz 2 go nowz cos Grandma'z makin' sumpin' wif veggie tables 'n I gotz some beggin' 2 do.

Luv,
Sophie Bunny

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

Karen
11-22-2001, 08:30 PM
Cinder and Smokey could do commercials for ... let's see ...

3. Any kind of doggy treats of course

2. They could do PSA's for fire safety, and of course, fire department appreciation!

1. Smoke detectors - as in Cinder "detected" Smokey and saved the day! But you need to check the batteries in yours ...

Daisy's Mom
11-25-2001, 12:58 AM
I CAN'T BELEIVE NO ONE MENTIONED THE PETS.COM COMMERCIALS!

I absolutely adored the dog sock puppet! I have 3 of them, one that talks, one that doesn't, and one with suction cups to stick in your car :) Actually I even have s sweatshirt with him on it, LOL. Anything with him in it had me craking up. "What goes up must come down..."

http://www.usatoday.com/community/photos/chat/sockpuppet.jpg

4 feline house
11-25-2001, 12:25 PM
Bridget, I did sorta mention it, I just had the wrong company name!

Petopia's sock puppy trying to get into the kitty's apartment, bribing the doorman - "I'll give you thr - four dollars!"

AvaJoy
12-02-2001, 07:58 PM
I have not seen this commercial, but my husband LOVED it!! It was aired during a show called "Dahmer" (sp?) that has since been cancelled.

A boy is stuck beneath a fallen tree (or some similiar plight) and orders his orange tabby "Cat Lassie, Cat Lassie, quick go get help!" so Cat Lassie trots off . . . nightfall comes and the boy is still not rescued, but Cat Lassie is curled up fast asleep at home!! :D :D :D Has anyone seen it?? If so, what channel, what time and during what show? I would love to see this! I didn't even think to ask my husband what the product was . . . (who cares)

4 feline house
12-02-2001, 09:39 PM
It wasn't a commercial, it was part of the show "The Downer Channel". You can view a clip here: http://www.hollywood.com/multimedia/detail/media/471974

Pam
12-02-2001, 09:40 PM
I haven't seen that one either but I'd love to! I sure can't see either of mine rescuing anything! :D :D

4 feline house
12-02-2001, 09:42 PM
Oh, I forgot to add, it's cute! :D

Pam
12-03-2001, 06:51 AM
That was cute!!! And Leah, I think we should name you Pet Talk's official investigative reporter. You seem to come to our aid in finding things often!

4 feline house
12-03-2001, 09:16 AM
Gee, props to me. :o
Actually, anyone with a good search engine can look smart. ;)

tatsxxx11
12-03-2001, 06:45 PM
Oh Bridget, that was my thought exactly! I was a Sock Puppet fan from the start, and have 2 puppets myself, as well as a lot of his paraphenallia! Oh, how I miss him! Every new commercail was better than the last. Remember the watch on the arm of the Sock as he knocked on the door! :D And I agree... I'd buy ANYTHING promoted by Cinder and the Smokster! Star and Cody too! Star thinks Smokey's a hubba-hubba hunk! She's alwasy making me paste their wallpaper on the screen!

AvaJoy
12-06-2001, 10:17 PM
Thanks SO much, Leah! :D Now I just have to download one of the players so I can view it. I think I will try to view it on my work computer tomorrow, so I don't have to get all nervous downloading (and screwing something up) on my home PC. Thank you again; truly brightened my day! :)

4 feline house
12-07-2001, 03:16 AM
Avajoy, you probably already have at least one of them. I've had three (no Quicktime since I don't have a Mac) and none of them have ever given me problems. WMP was already on, and I've downloaded the others. I finally took Shockwave off because I was running out of disc space and it seemed to be the one I used the least. But Real and Shockwave were simple to download and install. It's a little hard to find Real's FREE player on their website, but it's there amongst all the pay services. Anyway, I hope you can view the clip, I was more than happy to find it.

AvaJoy
12-15-2001, 04:53 PM
Leah ~ I was able to watch it on my Windows 95 computer at work after I downloaded WMP by finally choosing (56) as a shot in the dark, since I had no idea what the numbers represented. I guess I was clicking on the wrong ones which is why I couldn't download previously. My home computer is Windows 98 but I guess it does not have Media Player. ANYway, the clip was sooo delightful and I thank you again for sharing! :) :) :)

Cinder & Smoke
12-15-2001, 07:32 PM
We jest watched the "Kat Lassie" video ~ That Kat could have been our Boots, the Kat...

All snuggled up warm as toast in bed, while Dad's waitin for him to show up wiff help :D!