PDA

View Full Version : I'm dissapointed

Sara
09-27-2001, 12:19 PM
I've been a visitor to these lovely websites for quite a while now and I also pop into the forums here now and then. I just registered for a username since I for the first time have something to say here.

I have always loved this page and I have liked the people that go here as well. But after reading one of the threads in here I am very dissapointed... The thread in question is "World Support". I am sure you all know what I am speaking of.

This young girl came here and posted something that in fact is very true about our country and its inhabitors. And what did she get in return? I think you all know the answer to that question, especially one of you.

She did not even have a chance to respond to the first set of responses to her post before some of you totally dragged her through the dirt and made fun of her. All she said was a piece of her mind and some of you totally went out of line.

It was like throwing a kitty in a room filled with hungry predators. Excuse my likeness but it was the first thing that came to my mind when I read the thread.

4 feline houses went to her website and to look for ANYTHING she could use against Ann. That was very unfair and low. What purpose did that have in that discussion? None. Saying that her website was boring and simply just MAKIING FUN of it is just a sad excuse. I'm dissapointed. I thought some of you people would know better.

And let me ask you something 4 feline houses, when you went to Ann's homepage for the only reason of finding material that you could use against her, did it ever occur to you that you ought to stop and say "oh, I'm sorry to hear that your cat died"? It says, RIGHT THERE ON HER MAIN PAGE, that her cat just recently, just a few weeks ago passed away. And you did not even stop for a split second in your ridiculing and bad behaviour to think that maybe you should be human enough to say sorry. Not to run around and ridicule her website and say it was boring, and not to say that she was a racist just cause of and old recipe she happened to have on her website, and not because of the view points of her boyfriend. Just to stop and BE A HUMAN BEING WITH A HEART!

I think what was done unto this girl was crude and unfair. I am mainly pointing this statement and post toward 4 feline houses who was the meanest towards Ann. I hope this post will show you that what you did was wrong and mean and could have SEVERLY hurt a young girl who did NOTHING wrong in the first place.

Sometimes you need to put away your pride for your home country and just be a decent human being and see the truth. I did that. Why can't you?

I have nothing more to say here so my apologies to the webmasters of these pages for bringing this up again. I just don't particulary enjoy sitting and seeing a innocent human being torn apart by rudeness and mean people. That is all.

4 feline houses, I hope you can understand some of the things I have said and maybe you can even email this girl and swallow your pride and APOLOGIZE. I think that would be nice and fair. I for one would like having her back here. If you cannot see this, I apologize for not having a website that you could use against me.

Sincerely,
Sara

purrley
09-27-2001, 12:46 PM
Oh no SARA let's not start this up again!!! :(

Dixieland Dancer
09-27-2001, 01:30 PM
Dear Fellow Pet of the Day friends,
PLEASE do not respond to this topic!!!!! Just let it go away so it does not have the chance to ruin what this board is really for. The love of our Animals! :D :D :D

purrley
09-27-2001, 01:34 PM
Wonderful idea Dixie -let's put it to bed :)

sammi
09-27-2001, 06:53 PM
Put it sound to sleep and lets move on.

delidog
09-27-2001, 08:03 PM
karen, could you please lock this topic ....just like you did with anns'???? i think it is time...it does not belong here!!! thank you ,....the deli dog

Karen
09-27-2001, 10:20 PM
Hi, Sara, welcome to Pet Talk. We are glad you've joined us and hope to hear about the pets in your life soon, too!

I closed the World Support forum, as it had completely denigrated from the normal kind, animal centered atmosphere we treasure at Pet Talk. We generally stay away, far away from politics. This site is about pets, people, and the love that exists between them.

Anne made comments at a time when people's emotions were running high. It started out fairly polite, but she as well as others took it to another level. I am sorry that it happened at all, and hope she will come back, and we will stick to the things we have in common - our love for our animals.

I am now closing this thread, and am also going to email Sara.