PDA

View Full Version : Ooo la la

catnapper
03-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Ooo la la I got a new comforter today!

I am so excited, the tax man owes us some serious money this year. We'll be getting a nice refund, and the tax forms hit the mailbox today. We'll be getting a King sized bed with our refund, and I HAD to buy a new comforter for the soon-to-come bed.

I'm not sure I like it, but it seems to have gotten all-paws-up approval as soon as I spread it across the bed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/springday3.jpg
What do you think? I'm not usually into decorating with pastel pinks and lavenders, but there was something that called to me. It was DIRT CHEAP too at the outlets. They had another one that was Navy blue, tan, ivory and burgundy with a gorgeous burgundy cordouroy trim. Wait til hubby sees pink in HIS room! :D

To make it an official cat post ;) here are the kittens posing on it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/springday1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/springday2.jpg

What were they so focused on? the balcony door is open, but the screen door closed. Allen and Pouncer are out there and they can't figure out how to join them! :D

RedHedd
03-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Looks good! I have a king-sized bed too so I KNOW about hitting the outlets for bedding. It's SO expensive to keep a king-sized bed covered in nice linens. The darker one would show the cat fur more, so I say ya done good and the cats like it too!

Mad Mags Moo
03-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Love your pics again Kim, your cats just keep getting cuter in each pic!!:) Cover is very nice and seems the animals love it too....may mean you have to fight for the new bed!!!!;)

christa
03-12-2005, 02:44 PM
I LOVE it! But of course, I love all quilts! (certified crazy quilter here!)

Looks comfy enough for the kitties, and what's more important? ;)

sirrahbed
03-12-2005, 02:51 PM
It's beautiful Kim!! I *think* that is the wedding ring pattern. Maybe that will help hubby like it better?? It really isn't feminine anyway - it is soft and gorgeous!!

Oh and there is no pink in there either - that would be a dusty rose:p

catfamily
03-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Pretty pictures.Gorgeous kittys.Your dog looks like he's been ruled over by the cats in the house.LOL:D ;) :D

catcrazylady
03-12-2005, 03:38 PM
OOOOH! I love the quilt Kim!! It is beautiful! I'm with Christa too, I'm a quilt nut!
I don't think it is that feminine. It looks Springy to me.

Smooches to those precious babies who are already breaking it in!

Harry, Leroy sends you headbumpies! He says that you are doing a great job. Checking out every new thing is a requirement!:D

CalliesMom
03-12-2005, 04:05 PM
I also like the quilt! The kitties look beautiful posing on it--Abby has such "meaningful" eyes.

dukedogsmom
03-12-2005, 05:00 PM
I love your kitties but that doggie on the bed is the best! They all look very comfy on your new "comforter". Bet you're looking forward to that new bed, too.

catmandu
03-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Thank God,the Cats like the quilt,or you would have had,to take,it back,for a refund,no questions asked!

auggie
03-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Wait til hubby sees pink in HIS room!

There really isn’t that much pink and it’s sort of muted.
The quilt looks very nice and springy.
Nicki and the cats seem to enjoy it as I’m sure they will the new bed when you get it.
:D
Your kittens have such beautiful copper eyes.

lisalee
03-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Awww, they look so precious laying with big doggie! Very cute babies.

catnapper
03-12-2005, 08:13 PM
I knew I would do it... I returned the quilt for something more "me". Mom talked me into the other one - it was definately more mom than me. The replacement is brick red with golden peonies on it. I returned the other one, and decided to check out one corner of the store I missed earlier (mom was whining to leave at that point :p ) Well, those quilts were 50% off the already reduced price - just for today. I got a $350 comfortor set (which includes two pillow shams and the bedskirt) for.....

are you ready?

For.....

You won't believe it!

For.......

The bargain of the century!

For....

$35.00!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

catcrazylady
03-12-2005, 08:38 PM
$35.00!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: You go girl!!

Now where in the heck are the pictures?????

rg_girlca
03-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Well, the first comforter was lovely and it was kitty approved.:)

BUT, a comforter, two pillow shams AND a bedskirt for just THIRTY-FIVE DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!

Holy Moly, that that is one fantastic bargain.

Can't wait to see pictures, it sounds beautiful.

dukedogsmom
03-13-2005, 06:21 AM
Yeah, we need all the critters on the new comforter! It sounds really pretty.

Killearn Kitties
03-13-2005, 11:11 AM
I can't believe that you still haven't taken a picture of the "Bargain of the Century"! What are you doing with your time?????

catnapper
03-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
I can't believe that you still haven't taken a picture of the "Bargain of the Century"! What are you doing with your time?????
Moving heavy furniture... breaking my back. We got the mattresses TODAY for the King bed --- only a few weeks ahead of schedule. Had all of three hours notice that they were coming. So all in one morning we moved the desk out of the bedroom, removed the old matress and boxspring and rceived the new one. Now, my office is a DISASTER zone. I HAVE to get all the files out of the laundry baskets we dumped them in and set back up in the file cabinets. It'll take me alllll night. And all I wanna do is take a nap on the new mattress with my new sheets and new comforter.

We broke the phone line because I trailed the phone wire from the computer to the wall jack on the floor. Hubby tripped over it and yanked it out of the socket. A quick run to the store to buy new phone jacks... goodness knows we can't have no internet! :D

rg_girlca
03-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Yeah, yeah Kim, yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah, waaaaaa, waaaaaaa, waaaaaaa. ;)

Get on with the pictures girl!!!!!!!

( Please know that I am just joshin with ya.)

sirrahbed
03-13-2005, 03:44 PM
You are gonna LOVE that king sized bed!!! I don't know how we lived without ours - WONDERFUL!!!!

OK - now WHERE are those pictures? hmmm??? No more excuses or I will have to start whining. You DON'T want that to happen - do you?:rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
03-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Well OK, Kim. In view of the problems you have faced, we will grant you a little more time for those photos, but not too much now ...