PDA

View Full Version : Good-Bye Tutter :(

DogLover9501
03-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Tears are running as I type this....

I once shared my kitty cousin, Tutter with you all, owned by my cousin Connie.

Connie had called today saying that she gave Tutter away, to a shelter :( because he started spraying...he wasn't even neutered yet :(

Now she wants to get another grey kitty just like him :(

:( :( I'm going to miss you, Tutter....:(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/dogluver9501/Tutter/002.jpg

Uabassoon
03-12-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Tutter.

Please try to talk your cousin out of getting another cat, she obviously isn't ment to be a cat owner.

aly
03-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Ugggghhh.... excuse me for saying this .. bUT UGH that is the stupidest thing EVER :( :( :( I hate it when people do that!

What a beautiful, precious kitty. I hope he can find a very deserving, loving forever home soon. And I hope your cousin will stick to pet rocks :(

catmandu
03-12-2005, 12:00 PM
That is inexcusable,as she obviously should have had Tutter neutrerd ,long ago.Now,the shelter,has a poor frightened tutter,who might spray,which makes,the chances of him,being adopted,very slim.They should put that Idiot cousin,of yours,in a cage,and let her beg,for a new home!Poor Tutter,we hope,that somehow,you will be saved,and get that Furr Ever Home.As.for that Idiot,you are beneath,our contempt.I have personally,picked up rocks,that had brighter things,living underneath.

rg_girlca
03-12-2005, 12:15 PM
I am sorry Robyn, I know how much you are going to miss Tutter and how much he meant to you. He is such a sweet looking cat, but I have to agree with the others.
Your cousin has to learn that owning an animal is for LIFE, not to throw away at the slightest inconvience to her.
If she cannot afford to have her cat neutered than she should NOT get another one.
Does she not realize that she has most likely signed Tutters death certificate and she wants to get another one just like him.
What if something happens that she does not approve of with this kitty, is she going to send that one to the shelter also and then get another one. :mad:

I don't mean to make you feel any worse than what you do already, but as you can see, this has struck a cord and will strike a cord with a lot of us.

Maybe you should copy and paste these replies to your cousin in hopes that she doesn't make another mistake and sees herself as she really is. Not a very good cat lover.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Did she get rid of Tutter just because he did what was normal for a non-neutered boy :confused: :eek: :eek: :mad: .
I'm sorry, but that is really disgusting!! She shouldn't get another pet, ever :mad: !! What will she do when the new "toy" grows up and changes into an adult too? Throw it away again??? How childish!!

PLEASE, tell your cousin that her behaviour is so unresponsible, and that she better doesn't have any more pets!! Arghhhhh, what do her parents say? Or don't they care ?

Sorry for being so pissed off, but this gets me sooooo mad :mad: :mad:

catnapper
03-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Ummmm... how old is he and never neutered? Grrr... how stupid -- don't they know unneutered males tend to mark their territory? Tell her to stay away from cat ownership because she obviously doesn't care to be a good cat parent.

Sorry to hear about that - I know its not your fault :(

DogLover9501
03-12-2005, 12:32 PM
This is not a little cousin, she's like 30+ years old, theres not alot I can do.

Her "boyfriend" has mostly everything to do with this, he's not an animal person and probably would have never let Tutter back in the house if he found this out.

Connie had called every vet about this, all said he may not stop spraying even if she get him neutered.

I do know that Tutter was a very loved and spoiled cat, and that Connie didn't really know her options.

She also didn't have a chance to really think about it, now that her "boyfriend" is out of jail :rolleyes: can't you picture what kind of life she has? :rolleyes:

I definatly don't agree with her getting another cat, if she lived on her own, WITHOUT her boyfriend, then yes, but he would NEVER spend $100+ on a cat, so I don't know why she got him in the first place.

It's really out of my hands-and that's so hard :(

MULTICATMOM
03-12-2005, 12:58 PM
I'VE 2 MALES THAT WERE NUETERED AT 5-6 MTHS, THEY DON'T SPRAY:D :D MY NIEGHBORS, WHO I'VE NEVER MET, HAVE A MALE THAT COMES TO MY APT & SPRAYS!!!:mad: :confused: I LIKE HIM, HE'S SOLID WHITE WITH BLUE EYES & NOT DEAF...AS SOON AS I CAN CATCH HIM, HE'S SOL & WILL BE NUETERED!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
TELL YOUR COUSINIF SHE GETS ANOTHER PET...(NO COMMENT:confused: ) THAT YOUR LOCAL HUMANE SOCIETY OFFERS FINANCIAL HELP WITH THE NUETER/SPAY...
IN MY EXPERIENCE MOST CATS DON'T SPRAY AFTER THEY ARE NUETERED;)
CAN YOU GET TUTTER BACK? HE'S BEAUTIFUL!! AS FAR AS YOUR COUSIN...SHES JUST INGORANT & NEEDS INFORMATION!!

sirrahbed
03-12-2005, 01:17 PM
oh Robyn I am so sorry!!:( I know this makes you very sad. This cousin though.....:mad:

You are very nearly an adult and I think you have every right to speak to her! It won't help to be ugly but she does need to know that - like someone said - this is probably a *death sentence* for Tutter:( You can tell her this...also any future cat MUST be fixed and the spraying is largely preventable~!!! It is only the responsible thing for *ANY* pet owner and you know all of this. Having a jerk for a boyfriend is no excuse either - not if she cares about animals. YOU manage to pay for what your pets need - right?? My point is - please don't think of yourself as too young to talk to her. You are smart and articulate and able to do some educating! It is worth a try Robyn. People like your cousin often do things because they don't know better and have not been educated.
(((HUGS)))

orangemm
03-12-2005, 01:31 PM
wonder if the boyfriend was influential in this decision? Sounds like the wrong male went to the shelter.

Tutter, if I were close by, I'd take you in a second.

My heart breaks for you..................

CalliesMom
03-12-2005, 01:43 PM
:( :( :( Poor kitty! I just don't understand how people can get animals and then all a sudden decide they are an inconvience and get rid of them. To top it off she wants another one!! This could have easily been fixed if she had him neutered when he was young..ARGH!!! Ya know, Shadow has "litter" issues but I would never take her to the shelter. She is my responsibility; I made the decision to take her in as my pet and it is my responsibility to make sure she lives the best life possible even if she is difficult. I could not imagine life without my girl.

And Robyn this is in no way a reflection of you. You are a wonderful pet owner and can tell by all the wonderful posts/pictures.

catcrazylady
03-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Robyn I'm so sorry for you. It's so hard to be an animal lover who cares for and takes very good care of her animals like you, to watch an injustice being done to a poor innocent kitty. I have animal idiots in my family too and it breaks my heart when I see or hear certain things.
I think you should certainly have a talk with your cousin if for no other reason than to know that you tried to prevent anything like this ever happening again in the future. There really is nothing more that you can do. I would want that peace in my heart anyway. I tried, it might not work, but I know I tried.

Prayers for poor Tutter.:(

jazzcat
03-12-2005, 06:09 PM
OMG, my heart just broke for that sweet gray and white boy.:( :( How very sad.:(

She doesn't need to get another cat if this is the way she plans to handle any problem that may come up. GRRR!:mad: