PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound fishy to you??

Cookiebaker
03-11-2005, 06:03 PM
So this morning, I was leaving for work, and my car was dead, dead, deader than a doornail. The starter worked fine, but the engine wouldn't turn over or anything.

So mid-day, Mark calls the insurance company and gets a tow truck to come take it to our local shop (who we trust very much). The guy is about 20 minutes away, and tho' he told Mark he was headed right out, he showed up over 1.5 hours later. But that's OK. He gets to our house, and tells Mark that he can't hook my car up in the driveway. (Our drive way is 2 cars wide by 2 cars long and my car was the only one parked there at the time). Fine whatever.

So the guy & Mark push a little, and get the car moved about 3 feet and then stuck. Instead of trying a little harder or asking a neighbor, he says "You got a wife or a girlfriend??" Mark says yes, but I'm at work. "You gonna be home all weekend?" Mark says that we will be around on Saturday. "Well, uh, maybe I will get my girlfriend here, and you and your wife and uh we can push the car out together." :eek: :rolleyes:

Mark was like "we need the car taken to the garage today so that it can be fixed by tomorrow" So he says, "then, uhhh, I guess I can't help you." And he drove away. :mad:

Can you believe that??????? Mark was sooo irked. :mad: He got right back on the phone with the insurance company, and they got someone out there in less than 20 minutes, and he pulled the car out right away.

Anyway, so my precious Dodge Stratus is in the shop for the weekend. :( They think it's the timing belt that went, so hopefully we will be back in business by early next week. :)

Vermontcat
03-11-2005, 06:10 PM
That guy sounds like a bit of a Wacko to me!:eek:
Maybe Mark should have just hooked your two dogs up to the bumper, I bet they could have pulled it for you.;)
I guess I won't be seeing you this weekend if your car is in the shop, we're getting more snow now again anyway.
Let me know if you want to plan to get together next weekend.
Good luck with getting your car fixed.:)

catnapper
03-11-2005, 07:32 PM
DEfinately sounds weird. Is the guy the owner of the shop or an employee? Perhaps you could say soemthing to the boss if he wasn't.

Soapets
03-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Sounds REALLY weird to me!:eek: I think you should find out where he was from, and report his strange behavior to someone higher up than him. If he's the boss, I'd call the insurance company and tell them what happened, so they don't utilize his services any more!

Cookiebaker
03-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
DEfinately sounds weird. Is the guy the owner of the shop or an employee? Perhaps you could say soemthing to the boss if he wasn't.

I asked Mark, and he definitely thinks this guy privately owns the tow truck, and does this on the "side".

And yes, Mark definitely let the insurance co. know exactly what happened, and how he felt about the whole incident!!