PDA

View Full Version : Moving The Litter Box...

DogLover9501
03-11-2005, 02:12 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever had any trouble after moving a litter box?

If you show them where you moved it, is everything usually fine then?

Emma is starting to be in and out of my room all night, I never shut the door completely.

The litter we have right now is a bit dusty, and is hard sometimes with my asthma, so now that she's comfortable with going out of my room, I wanted to move it, just outside the door.

Should everything go pretty smoothly?

chocolatepuppy
03-11-2005, 02:14 PM
I had to move mine a couple times years ago,when Lacey came along and decided kitty poo was a delicacy, and I thankfully, didn't have any problems. I didn't move it too far though.

sirrahbed
03-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Yes, I have moved the box before - no problems at all! I just take each kitty to the box and let them sniff it and they know what it is for!:D

Craftlady
03-11-2005, 02:30 PM
I've moved boxes without any problems.

Samantha Puppy
03-11-2005, 02:46 PM
I moved Sushi and Kirin's like, 3-4 times the first week they were with me. It never caused them a problem and we're not talking from inside the bedroom to the hallway - I got rid of one completely and moved the other from the bathroom on the main floor to the basement... and they are fine. I'm sure Emma will be too.

DogLover9501
03-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Thanks all :D

I'm sure all will be fine :) I just wasn't sure if this would upset her or anything ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-11-2005, 03:17 PM
NO problem! Even if you move the box to another house (like after a moving), they find it right away. I think they recognize "their sent" ;)

catmandu
03-11-2005, 04:05 PM
I have 2 Boxes upsatairs,2 on the main level,and 2,in the cellar.I have to keep the 2 upstairs,as the Older Found cats,dont like,to have to climb,to find thier boxes,and Princess,who is visually impaired,needs,to have her box,where she knows,where it is,

Cosmicat
03-11-2005, 05:05 PM
I had no problem moving the litter box; I just put Katie's paw in the litter box and move her paw in the motion like when she would cover her duties. :)