PDA

View Full Version : Change in Felicia

Felicia's Mom
03-11-2005, 01:18 PM
I moved to a different apartment this month. Beau hid for two hours, now you would never know that he lived anyplace else. Felicia, however is a completly different cat. She was always the "top cat", and was usually right beside me. Now she spends her time sleeping behind boxes.
She will come if I call her, but sometimes I wonder if she knows me.
BYW Beau is almost 13, Felicia is two years older.

smokey the elder
03-11-2005, 01:21 PM
It may be because Felicia is older, and more set in her ways.

Shady
03-11-2005, 01:57 PM
It might just take her longer to adjust.

I moved with one cat who was 11, I think he pretended he was scared and hid behind the bed for four days..on the fifth night, having to get up during the night I flipped the light on and could see downstairs in the living room, the little bum was rolling around on the carpet, playing with one of his toy's.

He was busted and he knew it.

The house then became HIS domain.

She has to come out to eat and use her box right?

Felicia's Mom
03-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Yes, Felicia is eating and using the cat box.

Craftlady
03-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Felicia will come around.

sirrahbed
03-11-2005, 02:34 PM
While in the Air Force - we often moved to new locations and houses - every 2-3 years. For some kitties - it just takes more time to adjust as it is such a big change - but they always come around eventually. Hang in there!! I feel sure that Felicia will be herself before long.:) Frustrating though, isn't it??

slick
03-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Give her time Nancy. When I moved a couple of years ago, it took Max almost a month to get comfortable with his new surroundings, plus he was so stressed that he got a bladder infection on top of that.

Hugs you and kisses to the furbabies.

catmandu
03-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Felicia ,will come around,once she has sniffedeveryhting,in the apartment,and gets,to know,where everything is.The Found Cats,had a tough time,adjusting,to the House,as they,3,at the time,were so used,to a smaller living space.Michael,tore a hole,in the muslin,of the bed,and hid.there for 3 days,before I looked,under,and saw,the cat sized lump,under the box spring.

catnapper
03-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Cats are super sensitive to change and she just might need more time than her brother. I'd wait a week or so before I worried.

jenluckenbach
03-11-2005, 05:36 PM
AW, Felicia just seems disoriented. At 15 maybe her eyesight is no longer 100%. Give her some time and try to keep a set routine, as close to what it used to be in your old home. And of course, lots of love.