PDA

View Full Version : A compliment for everyone

Cougie Wechsler
09-23-2001, 08:10 PM
I just wanted to share this with everyone at Pet of the Day. Last week I shared Pet of the Day with a friend who had never visited this site before.

Today she called me in tears because she had just got done going through many of the posts of the past two weeks. She was emotional because of how wonderful people on here are and how we have rallied around each other in the past weeks with words of encouragement, sympathy, prayers, etc...

She also mentioned how supportive this Pet Talk community was when someone lost a loved one, be they be a person or a fur baby. I completely agree with her, everyone at Pet Talk is wonderful. We may not know each other personally and we come from all different walks of life, and from all over the world but being able to read everyone else's feelings and thoughts has been comforting. We are in it together. God Bless us all!

My friend will now become a regular here and Stacy, hope you do not mind me sharing!! :) :) (actually, she gave me permission to share her comments).

[ September 23, 2001: Message edited by: Cougie Wechsler ]

[ September 23, 2001: Message edited by: Cougie Wechsler ]

jackiesdaisy1935
09-23-2001, 08:37 PM
Stacy we will be looking forward to your first post and will be glad to welcome you
Jackie

tatsxxx11
09-24-2001, 04:42 PM
Stacy, can't wait to hear from you in person! I think you'll fit right in here! Lots of "weepers" on this board! :D

zippy-kat
09-24-2001, 11:40 PM
Hey Stacy!

You'll love it here! But you should know, this site comes with a warning! IT IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!

But don't worry--we have a support group--FAA (Fur Addicts Anonymous, of course!) lol :p

cr7clark
09-25-2001, 06:19 AM
Welcome Stacy! We look forward to hearing from you in the future. The folks here are some of the nicest I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. :)

Eudora
09-26-2001, 09:18 AM
Hope you'll enjoy yourself here, Stacy! And I'm looking forward to seeing your furbabies(if any) :)

lbaker
09-26-2001, 01:39 PM
After a very close call myself, and after my husband died, it was suggested I join a support group. Now I have all of you and I don't need any other support group. Only my FurFriends here have offered the kind of support I have needed without even knowing it. (without knowing I needed it and without you all knowing you were giving it). Thank you from my four dogs, two cats and me.

laurie

purrley
09-26-2001, 02:18 PM
Welcome ibaker - isn't it wonderful how our furry family always come to aid us when we're hurting - their actions are worth a thousand words - God Bless them all - I don't know what I would have done so many times when I needed comfort without my 4 babies. They seem to sense when we need them most and best of all they're always there!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
09-26-2001, 03:40 PM
Welcome Laurie, we are so glad you joined us. Yes, we all love our furbabies very much and they give us much comfort. We would love to see a photo of your furbabies if you have time.
Jackie

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

K9karen
09-26-2001, 09:42 PM
YES! A warm welcome to Stacy and Laurie !
I totally agree...Pet Talk friends are like family and I've been blessed with knowing them! They are the nicest people I know. Always there for support, personal and otherwise! Bless you all. :D :D Lots of love from Karen and Cody

crow_noir
10-03-2001, 10:12 PM
Welcome Stacy and Laurie !

sammi
10-04-2001, 03:16 AM
Welcome Stacy and Laurie! :) Hope to be hearing lots from you in the future.

thelmalu99
10-04-2001, 10:06 AM
Welcome Stacy and Laurie!

AdoreMyDogs
10-04-2001, 11:34 AM
I am a bit late on this but I sincerely welcome you, Laurie and Stacy! This is my favorite site by far, full of really sweet and informative people. I really hope you like it as much as I do, although it truly is addictive so beware :)

And if you are able to, please post some pics of your furbabies :)

kobieeli
10-04-2001, 11:49 AM
Chalk up another late welcome to Stacy and Laurie! We're always glad to grow! :)

Laurie, I saw on your post about Border Collies that you've got a couple of Aussie mixes. Our Eli is a black tri Aussie and we're nuts about him... You've just GOT to post some pics of yours--I (and everyone else) would love to see them!

Daisy's Mom
10-04-2001, 08:12 PM
Oh no I am late too. Welcome to Pet Talk! You will definitely love it here!

Gio
10-05-2001, 05:48 AM
Welcome to both of you from another latecomer!

lbaker
10-05-2001, 06:58 AM
Just to clarify things...I'm not new to the site really, I've been addicted for well over a year. But I've only recently had the where-with-all to actually write. I've especially enjoyed the "tails" of Cinder and Smoke and think that Phred should consider writing a book - illustrated of course. And thank you Karen & Paul for a job well done. Aw gee....am I getting mooshy?

laurie

tatsxxx11
10-05-2001, 07:35 AM
Oh geeez! Late again! Still, a big welcome to Stacy and Laurie!!! So glad you're here :)

KayAnn
10-05-2001, 04:19 PM
Welcome to you all! (although im late) This IS my favorite site (heck, i come here more than any Nelly sites!!!)
I just love seeing pics, hearing about pets and just plain old talkin' 'bout pets!