PDA

View Full Version : Very NAWTEE kitty!!!

Samantha Puppy
03-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Okay, for the last few days I've come home to find the water bowl either almost empty or completely so - the dog and cats all share one because the cats refused to drink out of their own when I put one down.

Anyway, I was wondering who was polishing off so much water and beginning to worry but tonight I figured out how and why the water was disappearing. Kirin has been putting his paws in it and splashing it all over the place but he usually has been doing it at night or while my husband and I are at work so Samantha has either licked up what was spilt or it evaporated.

I keep the litter box as clean as possible but I'm still worried about what remains on their feet and then Kirin sticking those feet into the water that they all drink. Is this dangerous for them to drink (I have to sleep and work, I can't stand guard 24/7) and even if it isn't, HOW can I get him to stop it before it becomes a habit? I thought of using the old "rub his face in it" trick but that seems a little harsh to me.

Any help would be appreciated - this is a new one to me.

QueenScoopalot
03-10-2005, 06:28 PM
It seems Kirin has a drinking problem lol! :eek: I'm sure it won't harm any others to have fresh washed potty-paw water. I'd keep the litterpan far from the water though. ;) And maybe a small scatter rug to go under the water bowl will help clean off those paws before the festivities begin! :D

cubby31682
03-10-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry Jamie but I can't help but laugh. I wouldn't think that it would hurt them to drink freshly littered water. After all they do lick their feet after using the litter box. Or at least both of mine do. Both of mine are neat freaks though. I would have to say you have it much better. I have a dog that runs about 50 mph and slams into her food and water dish and splashes it on me or the cats. I just sit back and laugh. I gave up with Gracie on that one.

catmandu
03-10-2005, 08:27 PM
I just got eight litter gitters,at the dolla rama,which keeps Cats,from tracking ,the litter,all over the house.They are plastic mats,that you put,in front,of the litter box,in the vain hope,that the Cat,will deign,to use them.

catnapper
03-10-2005, 09:37 PM
I happen to have been on the recieving end of littered water more often than I care to admit. Mine all love to dip their paws into my drinking glass. ALL of them. So the same splashing Kirin's doing in the water dish is the same my guys do to my water glass.

Let me tell you from personal experience, scented litter tastes the worst! :eek: :D :p ;)

I have no idea how to get them to stop, but I doubt it would be too harmful, because they do groom themselves and the dust gets all over everything as it is.

smokey the elder
03-11-2005, 03:06 PM
ew...:p ;)