PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful kitten passed away...

Jayna78
03-10-2005, 04:11 PM
My grandma & grandpa live in the country of Southern Illinois, and they feed tons of stray cats and kittens that have been dumped out there - those cats/kittens actually sort of hang out on their carport to take shelter from the elements, and provide delight for my grandparents, who are really old and usually can't go very many places.

We were going to take some of them to the shelter over Xmas while we were there, but there was a good chance that they'd all be put to sleep - there are no "no-kill" shelters/rescue groups in Southern Illinois yet, which is a shame, b/c that's where I would've taken them. These cats are beautiful - all different colors, long-haired. We ended up providing those cats on the carport with a bunch of boxes lined with old clothes/linens for the cold nights. They also tend to snuggle up to Grandpa's big old dog for warmth too.

Anyway, Mom told me today that when they drove by there the other day, they saw one of those beautiful cats run over on the side of the road. Grandma was very upset about it. Please keep this kitty and all stray/country kitties in your thoughts, as this one passes over to the RB. No more pain, lots of fun kitty games...

It's so sad hearing about this and about my parents' neighbors dog (see Dog Memorial) being killed this close together. :(

catnapper
03-10-2005, 04:19 PM
How sad. Hugs to your grandma for grieving for the little kitten. May the kitten have endless fun at the RB

My heart breaks every time I see a country kitten on the side of the road. Whenever we drive through farm country out here, we always seem to pass at least 2 or 3 dead feral kittens on the side of the road :(

slick
03-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Too many furbabies making the trip to the RB. :( Live happily ever after at the RB little one.

Jayna78
03-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks for your kind thoughts for this kitty. They were all so cute when we were feeding them and playing with them a bit at Xmas, but a bit shy, as to be expected. I hate that any of them had to suffer, let alone die. :(

catmandu
03-11-2005, 08:19 AM
You ahve,to wonder,if some people,are taking out thier anger,on these poor Cats,running them over,out of spite,as Cats,will stay away,from Cars,if at allpossible.And The Pet Talker Pet Angel Army,will take,in that Poor Cat,give her a name,and they,get to go,on All Pet Talker Pet Angel vacations,and are no longer strays,but part,of a mighty army,of Pet Talker Pet Angels,in the Sun,having Fun,All Day.

Poo
03-11-2005, 09:07 AM
RIP poor baby :(

ramanth
03-11-2005, 10:06 AM
How sad for your grandparents. :( RIP little kitty.

white tiger
03-13-2005, 02:21 PM
poor kittie. thats so sad. play hard at theRB little fella':) :(