PDA

View Full Version : What's your bar name?

Samantha Puppy
03-10-2005, 02:59 PM
So I was out the other night with a couple of girlfriends and before the night was over we decided to head for the bar for a few drinks. We should've known better than to go to this particular bar as it notorious for the local college boys to hang out at, but I didn't think about that and that's where we went. For the entire duration of our time there, this group of four guys kept trying to hit on us. They were nice enough, just very persistant and quite oblivious to the wedding rings we were flashing in their faces. :rolleyes:

They kept asking for our names and wouldn't give up, so finally we just told them our names - our bar names. It is the name that my friends and I have for this exact situation. We don't want to give out our real names so we have fake ones we use so that if they ever try looking up the girls they met at the bar, they aren't going to find us.

My bar name is Jenna. I don't think I've ever gone as far to say my last bar-name but if I did, it'd be Langford. My friend Christine is Annaliese, my friend Erika is Livvy, and my friend Stephanie is Marissa.

Do any of you over 21 (or over 19 in Canada) ladies have one? If you're reading this and you're under legal drinking age for your country, start thinking up one now and feel free to post it. :) This could be a fun thread.

Also, feel free to post your most awkward/stupid attempted pick-ups. :)

slick
03-10-2005, 03:04 PM
I don't go to the bar at all...been there done that when I was younger.

If I did have a bar name it would be Brandee (with 2 E's) ...

pitc9
03-10-2005, 03:12 PM
I used to be Ashlee when I was at the bar and didn't want to give someone my real name!!

Glacier
03-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I haven't been to a bar in ages without my husband! But back when I was single, I used to give out my sister's name, Patricia, and the phone number to my favorite pizza joint!

My ex's best friend used to give out his name and number! That caused a few problems when strange women would call my ex's house!

nibblets
03-10-2005, 03:22 PM
I used to use Diane for my bar name. I don't go to bars anymore.

carole
03-10-2005, 03:27 PM
I am the same as Slick been there, done that, now a retired bar visitor, I guess though I would like to be called Shandi. lol( which is ironic really as we have a drink called a shandy, which is really just beer and lemonade, kinda appropriate then.:D

animal_rescue
03-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Oh I made up my bar name when my mom started to let me go to teen clubs!*usually it's ages 14-18, but older people come in too*
But anyways it's Kiana Morgan and my friends are my sisters Briana Morgan, Keagen Morgan, and I forget my sis's fake name:o . and if they bother us for our number we give them time and temperature number! lol

catnapper
03-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Welll... years ago when I was skinny and single, I used to have the perfect southern accent and would go to the bars and bring my accent with me... I was Montgomery. :D It was a hoot!

My Peanuts
03-10-2005, 04:36 PM
LOL, yes I have one. My real name is Diana and my bar name is Jessica, but my friends call me Jess ;) :p :D

slleipnir
03-10-2005, 04:42 PM
I don't. The place bar I usually go to is the place I work though, and most people who talk to me already know me. I probably wouldn't (for the most part) use a bar name unless the guy was freaky or something.

My mom, my sister and my aunt went somewhere onces, and I don't remember their 'names' but my mom said her name was 'bubbles' or something. lol There is a funny story behind it, but I don't know it very good

Twisterdog
03-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by slick
I don't go to the bar at all...been there done that when I was younger.

If I did have a bar name it would be Brandee (with 2 E's) ...

*snort* .... "with 2 E's" ... you crack me up. :D

Been there, done that, too. And, frankly, it never occurred to me to have a "bar name" ... that's a strange concept to me. :confused:

slick
03-10-2005, 08:09 PM
you crack me up
:D :D It was only a "yoke"......

OK, I'm going home now..... :o :D

Oggyflute
03-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Ladies you could always tell the little twerps to bu**er off. ;)

slick
03-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
Ladies you could always tell the little twerps to bu**er off. ;)
Trev, dear, now that I'm "mature" I would certainly do that, but when I was in my 20's and fancy free heading off to the bar with my friends, the name of the game was "flirt". Don't ever remember having a bar name but flirting and dancing was top on the agenda. Hey guys do it too.....

Hey Baby, you must be tired 'cause you've been running through my mind all day.... :D :D

Oggyflute
03-10-2005, 09:57 PM
You couldn't say that line without laughing surely. :D Even when I was travelling I've never been anything but honest. (OK, there was a, one lady/one city rule, I had, that no-one neded to know about;) ) Things always seemed to work out.:D But to be honest it was all rather boring in the end, and I took greater pleasure from meeting their family and enjoying a good meal etc. Travelling around the world I would much rather see the sites & meet people than delve into seedy bars and the inevitable consequences.:)

slick
03-10-2005, 10:09 PM
I would much rather see the sites & meet people than delve into seedy bars and the inevitable consequences.
I hear ya!!! You know, I was just thinking about all the seedy bars downtown I went to and the patrons were certainly not the most pleasant. What was I thinking?? Oh yeah, I was 20....I didn't think. :D But that was in the early 70's and times were different then. Crime was not in the forefront back then. Now, I wouldn't be caught dead walking the streets at night...but that's a whole other subject. Didn't mean to get off topic.

So, Trev, you must be a speeding ticket 'cause you've got FINE written all over you!:D

Shelteez2
03-10-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't have a bar name. I'm too honest so when guys ask for my name I just give it.
Then again I'm not shy about telling them where to go if I don't want their attention.....(not that that happens often.......) ;) LOL

Oggyflute
03-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by slick

I hear ya!!! You know, I was just thinking about all the seedy bars downtown I went to and the patrons were certainly not the most pleasant. What was I thinking?? Oh yeah, I was 20....I didn't think. :D But that was in the early 70's and times were different then. Crime was not in the forefront back then. Now, I wouldn't be caught dead walking the streets at night...but that's a whole other subject. Didn't mean to get off topic.

So, Trev, you must be a speeding ticket 'cause you've got FINE written all over you!:D

I swear you make me blush Slick. :D

It's rather funny when you do think back on the things you did and places you went. I guess my turning point was waking up and having absolutely no idea who was lying next to me.:D

slick
03-10-2005, 11:21 PM
I guess my turning point was waking up and having absolutely no idea who was lying next to me.
Been there, done that....[/B][/QUOTE] :o :o :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Whenever I need a "fake" name I use MELANIE - it's easy to remember as it's my hubby's ex-wife's name LOL!

Corinna
03-11-2005, 12:43 AM
I have to show my nieveity like twister I had never heard of or thought of this whole concept. Of course the only time (before Dicks place) I have been in a bar was4 years ago when hubbys company had the christmas party at a bar and restraunt.
Oh what a sheltered life I have lived I'm so pathetic!!!!

Cataholic
03-11-2005, 05:42 AM
If I used a 'bar name'....what would happen when I got to the hospital and needed real ID? As that is surely where I would end up after having fallen from the bar stool I was sitting on when someone 'hit' on me!:D

Course, what I really thought was when I read this thread was, "Bar name? Why would anyone other than a lawyer have a Bar name? Bar name? Does she mean how am I registered with the State Bar?"

Obviously, the bars you refer to and I are at the opposite ends of the spectrum!:D :D

Maria O
03-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Well that was many years ago. ;) I think my was Rose or something around those lines. It was for sure a flower name. Daisy, Rose, Fleure...

cloverfdx
03-11-2005, 07:23 AM
Bar names must be an American thing, we dont do that here ;). I just tell the person where to go and call security if they continue to bug me, as you can see i am not one to be walked all over :p.

Samantha Puppy
03-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
Ladies you could always tell the little twerps to bu**er off. ;) Tried that, but when you have a group of college guys who are good looking guys (and know that they're good looking), they only believe that you telling them to shove off is just playing hard to get. :rolleyes:

We thought we'd avoid the annoying man aspect of the bar by going to the one we chose - it's a really nice restaurant with a really nice bar - but it is kinda near the local college... D'oh. Note to self...

dukedogsmom
03-11-2005, 08:21 AM
I never did a bar name thing. Unfortunately never really had the problem of being overwhelmed by men. Actually, never knew women even did this.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-11-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm going to be 23 in a couple of weeks, but I've never been to a bar.