PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Dad Not Speaking To Us?

elizabethann
03-10-2005, 02:45 PM
This is crazy.....

Years Before Family Notices
Father Found Lying Dead On Futon

POSTED: 2:52 pm EST March 9, 2005

TOKYO -- A Japanese man and his two sisters were worried something might be wrong with dad. And they were right.

The old man had been dead for nearly a decade. Police questioned the three elderly siblings Tuesday, after the decomposing body of their father was found lying on a futon bed in the family's home.

Police said the man's children thought he was still alive, but became worried lately and consulted a relative. Police said judging by the condition of the remains, the father could have died as long as 10 years ago.

Samantha Puppy
03-10-2005, 02:45 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

catnapper
03-10-2005, 02:47 PM
You've got to be kidding. How old were the kids? Did it say? NUTS!

RICHARD
03-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Sleeping on a futon kills me....Those things are HARD!!!!

:D :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

Maria O
03-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Sleeping on a futon kills me....Those things are HARD!!!!

:D :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

Hehe.....I second that thought.

elizabethann
03-10-2005, 03:08 PM
It didn't mention the ages of the kids. Sleeping on a futon would kill anybody! My back KILLS whenever I sleep on one!

ramanth
03-10-2005, 03:24 PM
I love the futon at my parents house. Comfy! :D

But HOW could you not know!?!? The smell!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

QueenScoopalot
03-10-2005, 03:30 PM
It takes on a whole new meaning when it's daddy, and not mummy! :eek: :rolleyes: Is this from the National Inquirer, or Star? :confused: It's a bit too tabloid for me. ;)

PJ's Mom
03-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Wha? :eek:

luvofallhorses
03-10-2005, 03:33 PM
I don't get it :o

slick
03-10-2005, 03:51 PM
three elderly siblings
OK, this has me confooozled. "Elderly" suggests 70's or 80's. I know that Japan is #1 for having people live the longest but sheesh...

"Sojo....what is Dad cooking tonight? Smells like a mystery meal!" :eek:

Soapets
03-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Do ya think this might possibly be a dysfunctional family?!:eek:

Did they NEVER eat meals together before? Did they EVER wonder why he never got up to use the bathroom, take a shower, eat, or go outside for some fresh air, etc., etc., etc.?

Maybe they thought the fact that he never got up to use the bathroom or take a shower accounted for the smell that must have been present!:eek:

Suki Wingy
03-10-2005, 04:10 PM
If daddy hasn't gotten off the futon for years, you thing there might be something wrong??
HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!:D :D :eek:

RICHARD
03-10-2005, 04:18 PM
I was wondering what happened to their mom........

She's been in the bathroom for a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time!!!:rolleyes:

lizbud
03-10-2005, 04:25 PM

:D

Those poor, dumb people.:(

rizzy
03-10-2005, 04:26 PM
So that was a true story? It sounds like a joke, I mean come on you cant just not notice somone for 1 year, thats crazy!:eek:

My Peanuts
03-10-2005, 04:41 PM
HA HA HA! OMG! That is so funny!

moosmom
03-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Did this guy's children think something SMELLED funny??? Oh wait, maybe they thought it was the sushi.

His kids were either VERY blind or VERY stupid.

DogLover9501
03-11-2005, 07:02 PM
:eek:

Originally posted by Suki Wingy
If daddy hasn't gotten off the futon for years, you thing there might be something wrong??

LOL!

:D :D You guys crack me up!

What a strange story!

GoldenRetrLuver
03-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Wha? :eek:

My thoughts exactly!

Wow. Just wow. LOL.

CamCamPup33
03-11-2005, 07:16 PM
That's crazy!! But so funny at the same time.

Originally posted by slick
"Sojo....what is Dad cooking tonight? Smells like a mystery meal!" :eek:

LOLLLLL!!! :D :D

Oggyflute
03-11-2005, 10:17 PM
It would put you off pork ribs for a while wouldn't it. :D

slick
03-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
It would put you off pork ribs for a while wouldn't it. :D
:D :D ROFLMAO!!!
How about pickled hocks!!!!????:eek:

zippy-kat
03-12-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by elizabethann
This is crazy.....

Years Before Family Notices
Father Found Lying Dead On Futon

POSTED: 2:52 pm EST March 9, 2005

TOKYO -- A Japanese man and his two sisters were worried something might be wrong with dad. And they were right.

The old man had been dead for nearly a decade. Police questioned the three elderly siblings Tuesday, after the decomposing body of their father was found lying on a futon bed in the family's home.

Police said the man's children thought he was still alive, but became worried lately and consulted a relative. Police said judging by the condition of the remains, the father could have died as long as 10 years ago.

Ok, I think Staci can back me up on this:
A CSI New York episode earlier this week was VERY similar to this. Only the body was found on a tour bus....

shais_mom
03-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Ok, I think Staci can back me up on this:
A CSI New York episode earlier this week was VERY similar to this. Only the body was found on a tour bus....

yup!!!!! and

eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-12-2005, 04:23 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rachel
03-12-2005, 06:36 AM
If this would have happened in the USA, I would have bet it was a situation where Dad's social security checks went on a direct deposit into a joint bank account with the kids names on it.

lizbud
03-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Can you believe it, just saw this in the morning news. Guess
it can happen anywhere.:eek:

Son Dresses Up As Dead Mom To Collect Her Pension

POSTED: 4:51 pm EST March 11, 2005
UPDATED: 5:23 pm EST March 11, 2005

ISTANBUL, Turkey -- Police in Turkey have reportedly detained a man who buried his dead mother in his basement, then disguised himself as her to get her retirement pension.

The man dressed up in a woman's overcoat, headscarf and stockings to go to the bank. Employees got suspicious about his deep voice, and a manager secretly photographed him and called police.

Serafettin Gencel reportedly told police his 68-year-old mother died two years ago of natural causes. He said he buried her body in his basement in order to continue collecting her pension.

Authorities have exhumed the body and are investigating. The man faces possible charges of fraud, suspicious death and conducting a burial without notifying authorities.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed