PDA

View Full Version : Try this out.... :s it's spooky!

Eudora
09-22-2001, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone, my friend e-mailed me this to try, please take a few minutes to try it!
You go into Microsoft Word and change the font to Wingdings, size 26. Then type Q33NY, in caps. What do you get?? And Q33NY is the flight number of one of the planes that crashed into the WTC towers. :eek: gave me a shock...

Cougie Wechsler
09-22-2001, 10:25 AM
That is truly chilling! I cannot believe this! I can only say WOW!

4 feline house
09-22-2001, 11:30 AM
But I thought they were flights #11 and 175? What's this Q33NY thing? It's not likely the registration since all US plane registrations begin with "N". The only thing I see with any significance is the airplane. What's the two sheets of paper supposed to mean? The poison symbol? No one was poisoned, were they? Maybe the Star of David is significant because our stance on Israel is supposedly one of the things that angers bin Laden. And what is the significance of the 26 font size? The image is the same regardless of the font size.

Sorry, this looks to me like more email chain letter glurge. I'll bet only a few minutes of research would yield the fact that "Q33NY' is in no way associated with any airplane flying in the US on 9/11/01.

09-22-2001, 12:25 PM
It was posted as a hoax... on www.truthorfiction.com (http://www.truthorfiction.com)

But, it does look spooky. The two sheets of paper are supposed to be the towers.

Basically, someone had A LOT of free time on their hands and nothing better to do than freak people out during this crisis. Same with the stupid e-mail that went around adding up the numbers of the flight numbers indicating there would be attacks on the 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th of September. You really can't believe any e-mails - be skeptical and then check out the site above. It will confirm everything for you.

ilovehounds
09-22-2001, 12:41 PM
That was wierd :eek: Thanks for posting, it was interesting ????

Dog lover5678
09-22-2001, 07:11 PM
DATS FREEKEY

4 feline house
09-22-2001, 07:20 PM
http://www.csicop.org/hoaxwatch/

http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/wingding.htm

It took me less than a minute to find these. See also Doggiemom's post above.

People, let's all use some common sense. It amazes me how many people will swallow this tripe without blinking an eye (or doing a little homework) yet still doubt such things as, oh...the existence of God or something. I'm not addressing this to anyone in particular - Eudora, you're still young, and Cougie, you did say "I can't believe it" so of course I'm not meaning y'all.

But I wish the world in general, and right now America in particular, would put as much time, energy, and passion as they do firing off useless email crap into something more constructive and worthwhile, such as raising funds for relief, or even the things they need to be doing despite the attack, such as volunteering at their house of worship or in their communities, rescuing homeless animals, even spending time with their families. The Internet is truly, truly a double-edged sword. And as such shouldn't be swallowed so carelessly.

[ September 22, 2001: Message edited by: 4 feline house ]

Logan
09-22-2001, 07:23 PM
Thank you, Leah, for the informative link. I'm with you....

ilovehounds
09-25-2001, 02:55 PM
We are not saying " oh my god thats true" or anything we are just saying its wierd. I mean come on it is kinda wierd ?????? :p

Eudora
09-26-2001, 09:03 AM
I didn't actually believe it, I too checked it up, but I thought that it would be interesting to see how you guys interpreted it. I saw two buildings but you saw sheets of paper, for instance.