PDA

View Full Version : Few puppy problems

JoAnn
11-09-2001, 08:06 PM
I have inquired all around my area they just don't have puppy kindergarden. So its looks like I will try to do the best I can with bailey. I know I could use some input for making him behave better. This is something new he started chewing shoes no matter how many times I tell him no.I give him one his to chew things .He will for a few seconds and go back to getting the shoes. Plus he has been biting and I sure can use some suggestion.also he has been biting the more I say no he just looks at me like I'm nuts.I have a cat thats 3 years old and he doesn't want anything to do with bailey, can't blame him lol. Bailey won't leave him alone.I hate saying no so much for fear bailey won't want to come to me, I know I have to. He is my 1st puppy I just want him to settle down a little.Raising kids was allot easier than raising a puppy They won't even take him to obedience training til he is 6 months old. He does have good traits to he is very loveable except for these few problems. Thank u all for your help on helping me get my picture posted of bailey. JoAnn :confused:

Dixieland Dancer
11-09-2001, 08:49 PM
JoAnn, In the Dog Behavior section of Pet Talk, Pulga had very similar questions that I responded quite extensively to. Here is the link to that post. After reading it if you have questions, let me know.

puppy problems link (http://petoftheday.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000229)

Also, you can find many wonderful books on getting started in puppy training. You don't need to wait until the puppy is 6 months. Puppy kindergarten is mainly for socialization skills. Take the dog around other dogs and people. Take Bailey to the park. Have kids come around her. Then start to do basic commands. At 6 months you can start "FORMAL" education.