PDA

View Full Version : Earle is going to school!

Glacier
03-09-2005, 11:19 PM
My husband was recently hired as the administrator of our local humane society/shelter. As part of his new job duties, he does educational programs in elementary schools. Tomorrow he is doing a presentation to grade four kids on how to avoid a dog bite and some basic pet care. Earle will be accompanying him! Earle is not a shelter dog, but most of our shelter dogs would not like 25 10 year olds trying to pet them. Earle will love it! Earle will be the demo dog for such things as how to approach a dog safely, calming signals ect. Earle will be in his glory. He adores kids, loves being the centre of attention and is very well mannered in public (not always at home, but anyone who meets him doesn't believe that!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/earle_straw2.jpg
Earle is a great ambassador for huskies--and dogs in general in my very biased opinion! The Humane Society is increasing it's educational programs so Earle may be doing lots more public appearances. I am hopeful that he will make an impact on these kids and maybe somewhere down the road another critter will benefit from it!

wolf_Q
03-09-2005, 11:46 PM
That's great news! I bet Earle will do wonderful, he seems like such a sweet, happy boy! Nebo would do badly..he's a snob in public..doesn't care to have people bothering him.

Corinna
03-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Earle you will be such a celebritey.

Shelteez2
03-10-2005, 01:12 AM
How neat!! That sounds like so much fun.
More schools need programs like that. :)

Ginger's Mom
03-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Way to go Earle! Not only are you a handsome boy, but you are also doing a great civic duty for the other doggies out there.:)

vinjashira
03-10-2005, 09:27 AM
I wonder if there are many schools with a program like this. I think educating children to approach a dog safely, calming signals etc. as you said, is really a good idea. This is great for you, for Earle, and I'm sure the children will love it too :)

ramanth
03-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Yay Earle! I bet the kids will all want to take him home. I know I would! :D

cyber-sibes
03-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Biscuits for Earle and your husband! What a great idea, and I'm sure Earle will be the biggest hit! He's such a handsome boy. good luck with the program! Be sure to post pics!!!!

pitc9
03-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Oh Earl... I'm sure you and your daddy are going to have soooo much fun!!!

I just know you will make your mommy proud!!:D

Samantha Puppy
03-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Earle, that is so cool! Have lots of fun with the kids - make sure they love animals so much they'll be future PTers! :) And remember, you're not only an ambassador for Huskies but for the entire canine race! I know you'll make us all proud. :)

Kater
03-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Sounds like a win-win! Excellent!! :D
I know I would have been tickled pink if a handsome boy like Earle came to my gradeschool. :) I'm impressed that the schools in your area can see the value in a program like this.