PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers please for Kim/Kimlovescats

rg_girlca
03-09-2005, 10:06 PM
I contacted Kim yesterday, as I was concerned since I hadn't seen her on PT lately.
I found out tonight, that she had been to her doctor's today and she has bronchitis.
Unfortunately, because of her weakened lungs and asthma, when she has any type of Upper Respiratory illness, she has to stay away from her furbabies.

So please let the power of PT prayers work once again that she gets well soon, so she can once again, enjoy the company of her kitties.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for you my friend that you get yourself well real soon.

((((((HUGS))))))

manda_moo87
03-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Prayers on the way to Kim.

Take care dear, we'll all be thinking about you!

slick
03-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh no....so many Pet Talkers to pray for. :( Please add my prayers to the list and please keep us updated.

Oggyflute
03-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Thoughts are with you, get well soon kim.

anna_66
03-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Oh Kim I'm so sorry to hear your sick too:(
I do hope you'll be feeling better soon.
Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Killearn Kitties
03-10-2005, 03:40 AM
Look after yourself, Kim. I'll be thinking of you.

Cataholic
03-10-2005, 06:20 AM
Dear Kim, please take care of yourself! I remember that you do have trouble with URI + kitties. Hugs and prayers are on the way.
Love,
Johanna

Logan
03-10-2005, 06:33 AM
Get well soon, Kim!!!! We will definitely remember you in our prayers. :)

davidpizzica
03-10-2005, 07:07 AM
Oh, Kim! Please get well soon and get back with your furbabies! Pittsburgh prayers go out to you from me, Nikki, and Daisy.

Rachel
03-10-2005, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Unfortunately, because of her weakened lungs and asthma, when she has any type of Upper Respiratory illness, she has to stay away from her furbabies.

Oh no, that is awful. I can't imagine being sick and not being able to have the comfort of *the healing paw*. These Pet Talk Prayers will have to do double duty.

trayi52
03-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Get well soon, Kim. I hope you will get to feeling better and get back to you furbabies, and back to us really soon.

I will keep you in my prayers, and my thoughts, sweet friend.

Willie:)

catnapper
03-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Poor Kim {{{{HUGS}}}} I know how you're feeling... I get brochitis bad every year that ends up as a URI too. You feel just plain miserable and pathetic. Take care of yourself and drink lots of hot tea I swear it works!

ramanth
03-10-2005, 08:08 AM
Get well soon Kim!

I just got back from the doctors this morning myself. I just have a Viral infection. Bleah.

moosmom
03-10-2005, 08:10 AM
Kim,

Please get well soon! Take care of yourself. Thoughts and prayers on the way from Michigan.

Poo
03-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Get well soon Kim, your babies need their mummy. Hope you feel better soon.

Queen of Poop
03-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Prayers for you to feel better soon. Try green tea, it's amazing.

kimlovescats
03-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Thank you Lorraine ....
and everyone, for your get well wishes! I guess I should explain my "weakened lungs".... lol! I'm not sure if I was a member at PT or not when this happened, but a couple of years ago I got really sick with double pneumonia. I spent 8 days in the hospital, was home for 4 then went back into the hospital for another 5 days. During my short 4 days back at home, I had been sleeping with my kitties! DUH! Well, because of the condition of my lungs, and my allergies and asthma .... that caused me to have a bad asthma attack and go back into the hospital for the next 5 days. Then when I came home, I was on oxygen, and could only move around my house as far as my tubing would reach! I had to stay completely away from all of my cats, and I cried and cried when I watched Animal Planet in my hospital room. At that time, all of my doctors (a team of them were working with me because my pneumonia was resistant to meds) advised / warned me to get rid of all of my cats!!! When I got home from the hospital, and after I was off of the oxygen tank, I had to wear a mask whenever I visited my kitties. Finally, I was "well enough" to take off the masks and just live on my inhalers, etc.

With each new infection and trip to my allergist, I get the same lectures and warnings ..... and now since that hospital stay, I have had my diabetes diagnosis. So ... now we know that my immunities are even more weakened. When all of this happened (the double pneumonia , etc.) is when my hubby built my garage enclosure for the cats. However, I have gradually let them stay in the house more and more .... big mistake. I am now back to either they have to stay in the garage, or they can't stay.

So, now you get "the rest of the story" as to WHY I had to give up my fosters and my rescue work. Now, I just pray that I can stay healthy enough to maintain my kitty family as it stands right now.

Thanks for the prayers,
Kim

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear you've been so sick.

We know you love your kitties dearly, but sweetie, you need to think of yourself first. After all, what would little Jenna do if anything happened to her Grammy? I can't imagine having to give up my kitties because of my own health, but if it came down to live or die, unfortunately they'd have to go. :(

Do not feel guilty in the least about having to give up your fosters. You've done so much for so many kitties that your place in kitty heaven is definitely assured.

{{{hugs}}} to you, and please take care of yourself!

sirrahbed
03-10-2005, 10:55 AM
oh Kim!! Please get well soon. I did not know the extent of your physical problems. I can only imagine how sad it is to have to stay away from your kitties:( I hope you are doing much better very soon!!
((((HUGS)))))

Thank you Lorraine for letting us know! I also noticed Kim's absense and was thinking about calling and just never did!:rolleyes: Glad YOU did!!

pitc9
03-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Kim, please take care of yourself!!

:D