PDA

View Full Version : #97, Something Thursday this way comes.

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone!!

Happy thursday.....I thought we could have a Mystery Thursday....You know like the Murder/mystery dinners, where we all become part of the Mystery!!!!!!!

First we need a MYSTERY..........

What do I hear.....a scratching coming from the other side or the door.......the sign above the doorway is missing some letters.....

It reads L ST A D FOU D....

The DOTD is...

Mind Eraser
This can be prepared in a rocks glass without ice or in a highball over ice. It is meant to be slurped quickly with a straw. The carbonation in the soda will oxidize the alcohol content into your bloodstream quick.
INGREDIENTS:

1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Vodka
Splash of Club soda:D

slick
03-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Oh dear, I'm absolutely NO good at mysteries at all....except I can whip up myself a mystery dinner anytime. :rolleyes: Would this be something like "Who killed Col. Mustard in the library with the pipe?"

I'll take a DOTD please. Work is slowing down a wee bit so have time to stop a while. :)

lbaker
03-09-2005, 02:15 PM
While walking down L ST i heard "A D FOU D" "Gesundheit" says I. Just then someone in a uniform sneaks up behind me carrying a book from the library and a pipe! YIKES! What's in that pipe says I....

DOTD please before I end up with a giant eraser-head (is that anything like bed-head?)

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
While walking down L ST i heard "A D FOU D" "Gesundheit" says I. Just then someone in a uniform sneaks up behind me carrying a book from the library and a pipe! YIKES! What's in that pipe says I....

LOLOLOLOLOL,

Fire that puppy up!

Eraserhead!!!! I hated that movie...i saw it and it gave me the heebie jeebies for weeks!!!

DOTD!!! DONE!

Slick,

Did you cook for my high school? Mystery meat burritos!!!!

Yikes!

Did the recipes get passed on?

DOTD!

DONE!

Pit Chick
03-09-2005, 02:51 PM
YIKES! What's in that pipe says I....

Some pretty good stuff :cool: Here, take a hit and the mystery will be solved.

slick
03-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
Some pretty good stuff :cool: Here, take a hit and the mystery will be solved.
Watch out...smoke that stuff and you won't need to get stars implanted in your eyeballs.....:D ;)

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 02:58 PM
I took a hit off a pipe this weekend.

I was doing a plumbing job and dropped a galvanized fitting on my toe....:rolleyes: :eek: :D

slick
03-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Well, if I can't figure out what Debbie is talking about in the Accounting thread, I'm sure not going to challenge a "galvanized fitting". :D

Anyone want to talk about Citrix Client??

Well, I think that's it for me for now. Back to work but could I please have another DOTD to go? Ta! Later.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-09-2005, 03:18 PM
:confused: Since I have absolutely no idea how to play this game or what everyone is talking about (other than someone sneezed); I'll just grab some nachos and a cherry vanilla coke and watch ya all!
OOPS! and 4 catnip teas, please?:D

RedHedd
03-09-2005, 03:22 PM
OK our lunchroom at the office (remember this is a VERY stuffy Mormon law firm I work for) is no-holds-barred center of random discussions during lunch. Today the topic quickly devolved down to Flaming Vodka Jello Slurps! :eek: :D Yup, we're planning our firm's first St. Paddy's day party. You had to have been there, but the FVJS's sounded like something that could ONLY be concocted and safely imbibed in at Thursdays .... now I have to get back to work ... darn!

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by slick
Well, if I can't figure out what Debbie is talking about in the Accounting thread, I'm sure not going to challenge a "galvanized fitting". :D

Well, I think that's it for me for now. Back to work but could I please have another DOTD to go? Ta! Later.

The fitting is just a heavy piece of iron pipe.:eek:

DOTD? DONE!

MOFF,

The latest thing in 'dinner theater' is a murder mystery dinner....there are getaway weekends where you go to a hotel and the same thing happens!

You go to a restaurant sit down to eat and then a crime happens, usually a murder, the people involved in the crime are actors and the rest of the patrons (you) try and figure out who the murder is. It's a two or three hour dinner and tons of fun...

http://www.murdermystery.com/review.html

--------------

the "who killed Col. Mustard" is from the board game CLUE....

Nachos, CVC and 4 CNTS!! DONE!

REDD!

Get the recipe and we'll do that next week!!

Wanna drink????

:D :D

davidpizzica
03-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
:confused: Since I have absolutely no idea how to play this game or what everyone is talking about (other than someone sneezed); I'll just grab some nachos and a cherry vanilla coke and watch ya all!
OOPS! and 4 catnip teas, please?:D I'm with you Connie! Isn't that Mario in his Sherlock Holmes outfit?? I'll have a lime diet coke and an order of nachos for Connie and myself. Me, too, I'll sit back and watch.

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm back at Thursdays! Which is funny, as Thursday night is the only night I really go out and drink, since it's 80's night! :D

I love the game Clue. It's one of my favorites! I'm not that much up for acting this afternoon so why not hit me with a DOTD...just not that hard! :p

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me

I love the game Clue. It's one of my favorites! I'm not that much up for acting this afternoon so why not hit me with a DOTD...just not that hard! :p

BOINK!

Oops! I mean, DONE!

David,
dlc and beer for Mari----ah, Mr. Holmes....

DONE!

RedHedd
03-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
REDD!

Get the recipe and we'll do that next week!! :D :D All he (one of our less stuffy attorneys) would divulge is that there was Vodka (duh!), Jello and Everclear involved :eek: The Everclear was to assist in the flaming part - the chances of having singed eyebrows and other hirsute areas likewise rendered hairless was also discussed -- lunchtime at our office is FUN! :D

As I still have to get some work done, I'll settle for a nice, cool iced tea - it's sunny and 70's-80's here in Northern CA!

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Thank you Richard. :)

May I request a hard Cherry limeade? :D

RedHedd
03-09-2005, 04:47 PM
OK I'm bad .... I'm supposed to be working and instead I'm searching the 'net for recipes for Flaming Vodka Jello Slurps! Am I a good PT'er or what? I couldn't find an exact recipe ... but most of them start something like this:

Ingredients:
2 cups Vodka
3 packages Jello with sugar
3 cups Water
Mixing instructions:
Boil 3 cups of water then add jello. Mix jello and water until jello is completely disolved. Add the two cups of vodka (or Everclear) and mix together. Pour mixture into plastic shot glasses and chill until firm. Then, slurp away...

Creator/contributor's comments:
Be extremely careful if you use Everclear instead of vodka in this recipe. It will be very potent. (Ya think?)

My attorney friend added that you float the Everclear on top of the Jello shots and light it. You're then supposed to slurp up the flaming mess! :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
You're then supposed to slurp up the flaming mess! :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

DOTD sounds good to me, but forget those flaming eyeball thingys....or is that flaming shots that give you eye jewelry? I'm so confused these days. :confused: :D

Slick, Citrix Client, I use it to access the labs for my school work! Can't tell you much about it except it wouldn't let me log in last night so I wasted another night trying to get ahold of "student services" :rolleyes:

I seem to remember a shoe in the L & F.....maybe that belonged to the mystery murderer? Have we determined who has been murdered?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
You're then supposed to slurp up the flaming mess! :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

DOTD sounds good to me, but forget those flaming eyeball thingys....or is that flaming shots that give you eye jewelry? I'm so confused these days. :confused: :D

Slick, Citrix Client, I use it to access the labs for my school work! Can't tell you much about it except it wouldn't let me log in last night so I wasted another night trying to get ahold of "student services" :rolleyes:

I seem to remember a shoe in the L & F.....maybe that belonged to the mystery murderer? Have we determined who has been murdered?

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Me!
My job is killing me....;)

REDD.,
Thank you for the recipe.

And the flaming part is typical lawyer.;)

DONE!

slick
03-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Ingredients:
2 cups Vodka
3 packages Jello with sugar
3 cups Water
Mixing instructions:
Boil 3 cups of water then add jello. Mix jello and water until jello is completely disolved. Add the two cups of vodka (or Everclear) and mix together. Pour mixture into plastic shot glasses and chill until firm. Then, slurp away...
Me thinks this might be a new addition to this year's BBQ??? :)

What the heck is Everclear? :confused: Sounds like bottled water and why would you set that on fire???

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 05:47 PM

Me thinks this might be a new addition to this year's BBQ??? :)

What the heck is Everclear? :confused: Sounds like bottled water and why would you set that on fire???

Don't they have any lumberjacks where you live??

Everclear is the next fossil fuel...Drink enough of it and you end up taking off your clothes and running around.....you go blind so there are no embarrasing memories the following day.

http://www.beerliquors.com/liquors/grain.htm

We'll get a bottle of that for the BBQ.......

slick
03-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Everclear is the next fossil fuel...Drink enough of it and you end up taking off your clothes and running around.....you go blind so there are no embarrasing memories the following day.

So THAT'S what make me go off the deep end last year!!!!:eek:
Yeah, we got lumberjacks.....with really big axes.....:D

Definitely we'll have to try that out this year, Mr. Bartender.

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 06:05 PM

Definitely we'll have to try that out this year, Mr. Bartender.

And save money on the embalming part of the funeral????:eek:

joycenalex
03-09-2005, 07:23 PM
...may i just have a coke, light ice. no alcohol until i'm over all these pain meds. and the ideas of lawyers near flaming anything sounds a bit scary.....
i took my mom, sister and sister in law to a murder dinner theater a while back. it was great fun, mom in particular loved the food and the play...
miss scarlet in the library with the pipe right? :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Me thinks everyone here has already had too much everclear! How come we all come up with the pipe as the weapon? I, personally, can't remember any of the other weapons....anybody? An ax maybe? And why is it always in the library?

How about in the bedroom by the lumberjack with the axe?

Oh oh, guess I maybe need some more of that everclear....:o

Isn't everclear almost pure alcohol and that's why they use it for the fire part?

I'll take a pink slushie please. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Actually I just thought of something. Shots of everclear would be a great DOTD for a mystery Thursday. A few too many shots and the whole Thursday is a mystery to you!

slick
03-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi Debbie, glad to see you here!
I'm going to arrive at Gini's a few days early and am seriously thinking about making those jello thingies. :eek:

Anyway, have a seat and I'll bring you that pink slushy. {{{HUGS}}}

zippy-kat
03-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Everclear?
That's a music group! Saw 'em in Albuquerque a few years ago... ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2005, 09:29 PM
<plop> Thanks Slick, once again, I need it. What a week! But I just found out I can relax now, I don't have to go flying off to Texas this weekend after all - whew!

Mmmm.....that was good, can I have another? Then I'm going to hit the couch and snuggle with a certain orange boy that's looking for love. :D

Staying home this weekend will really let me get caught up so I should be around a bit more for the rest of the week and next week.

RedHedd
03-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Isn't everclear almost pure alcohol and that's why they use it for the fire part? That link RICHARD posted said it's 196 proof which makes is pretty dang close to 100% pure alcohol! :eek:

I think I need an AA meeting and a cuppa that good, old AA coffee!

RedHedd
03-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Everclear?
That's a music group! Saw 'em in Albuquerque a few years ago... ;) Everclear opened for Santana at a concert I attended a few years ago. Is Everclear (the "musician") still around? Wasn't he a one-hit wonder? (or is that no-wonder?)

slick
03-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Mmmm.....that was good, can I have another?
Oh my gosh, I can see that we'll have to have at least two blenders going at Gini's!!!:eek: :D

LOL When I was a kid my Dad (RIP) used to say "There's no such thing as ANOTHER drink. You always ask if they would like A drink. That way, it doesn't make them look like a lush!"

DONE! :D

gini
03-09-2005, 10:52 PM
A few years ago, I went to a party and it was outdoors. They had these huge trays filled with little paper cups with all kinds of jello in them.

My first reaction was "Lord, they sure have a thing for jello don't they?"

No one seemed to know what they were, so they started a dart game. They made it really difficult to play.........and if you didn't do well, you had to down a jello shooter right on the spot. I had a cherry shooter, a lemon shooter, a strawberry shooter, a peach shooter..............

ha..............I caught on really fast..........if you didn't hit the dart board with your dart...........you kept getting shooters.

Richard, I would love to have DOTD, and could you please give us another clue?

Mario looks cute with his little pipe and Sherlock Holmes hat.

Mario? WHO DUNNIT??

slick
03-09-2005, 11:16 PM
I had a cherry shooter, a lemon shooter, a strawberry shooter, a peach shooter..............ha..............I caught on really fast..........if you didn't hit the dart board with your dart...........you kept getting shooters.
ROFLMAO!!! Thanks Gini......that's just the visual I needed...and gives me an idea....:D :D

lbaker
03-10-2005, 07:40 AM
"Come here Watson... I need you" Oh wait, that was Thomas Edison, not Sherlock Holmes... different Watson. Everclear, ever-not-so-clear - there the twain shall meet. Who knows what shadow lurks in the hearts of men.... *hee hee hee* THE SHADOW KNOWS says I. Lamont Cranston lives on at Thursdays, probably in the L&F. I would love another DOTD but you can keep the "flaming" to yourselves thank you very much ;)

davidpizzica
03-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Laurie, I think you're right, Lamont Cranston, I believe is alive and well in the L & F! Laurie, I'll stick around and put a pot of coffee on.

Killearn Kitties
03-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Prof Plum with the candlestick in the conservatory. Oh I loved that game. I'm only staying if I can be Miss Scarlet though. I always wanted to go Miss Scarlet when I was young. She gets to start if I remember correctly.
How come we all come up with the pipe as the weapon? I, personally, can't remember any of the other weapons....anybody? An ax maybe?
Hmm, lets see. Apart from the lead pipe and candlestick, there was a dagger, a rope, a revolver and a ..... that's going to annoy me all afternoon now!

moosmom
03-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Consider me a spectator as well. I suck at ANY kind of mysteries. I'll have SOTB with extra S please! Keep them coming till I fall off the bar stool!!! :p:p:p

lbaker
03-10-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm finally starting to feel human again David and perhaps could even have some of that brew you're fixing up.. sure does smell good! Gini hid a bottle of Slick's Baileys around here somewhere, lemme look. Now for some food.. hmmmm Cinnamon rolls with raisens and icing? As long as Mario doesn't pick out all the raisens.. uh oh..... what's that creaking noise coming from the back!!! ACK! YIKES! It's too early for scarey! I'm still rubbing sleepies out of my eyes!! KK, Donna! Are you trying to scare me? Then what are you guys doing out here and the noise is coming from BACK THERE! AHHHEEEEEY!

trayi52
03-10-2005, 08:08 AM
How about a cup of coffee? I think I need one this morning.

What kind of mystery is going on and why does Mario look like Sherlock Holmes?

Willie:)

lbaker
03-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Oh thank goodness, it's just you Willie. You scared the beejeeezus out of me! I think Mario just likes looking at everything through that magnifying glass.

Killearn Kitties
03-10-2005, 08:13 AM
The mystery is that there is no mystery! We are all at a mystery dinner (well breakfast) and no crime has been committed! Perhaps we could hide something, so that when those west-coasters who get up late come in, they will be confused.

Perhaps we could hide the drink?

davidpizzica
03-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Consider me a spectator as well. I suck at ANY kind of mysteries. I'll have SOTB with extra S please! Keep them coming till I fall off the bar stool!!! :p:p:p Donna, I'm a spectator too and I'll be there to hold you up!! I'll take a cup of my coffee.

slick
03-10-2005, 09:11 AM
I'm finally starting to feel human again David and perhaps could even have some of that brew you're fixing up.. sure does smell good! Gini hid a bottle of Slick's Baileys around here somewhere, lemme look.
Laurie, glad to hear you're getting better. Here's a fresh bottle of Baileys, but don't drink it all in one sitting now. ;)

Perhaps we could hide something, so that when those west-coasters who get up late come in, they will be confused.
Me??? Confooozzzled???? Never. You're right Karen..maybe WE are the mystery guests at some mystery breakfast...
**GASP**
OMG....WHY ARE THE LIGHTS FLASHING ON AND OFF...AND WHAT'S THAT LYING ON THE FLOOR OVER THERE??? :eek: :eek:

gini
03-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Oh Slick, calm down......it's only me:D :D I wasn't lying down, all I was doing is picking up the raisins that Mario is dropping all over the floor from the cinnamon buns.

Bailey's....mmmm...yes, that sounds perfect this morning.......a little in my coffee.

I am really not awake yet and can't contribute anything too coherent yet.

slick
03-10-2005, 09:37 AM
**whew** Gini, you just about gave me a heart attack! I couldn't tell because the lights were out and after all, this is supposed to be a mystery thingy...
I'd better sit down with a nip of brandy to relax.....I don't do "scary" very well.

Debbie, Laurie, Zippy...where are you when I need you???

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Here I am, Slick! For a minute there I thought the UFO's had landed again....

The place does look kind of scarey this morning, what in the world went on in here last night? See, my mind is clear - ever so clear - from all the everclear I had last night. Matter of fact, I think my mind is so clear I don't think I have any brain cells left! :eek: Aaahhh....maybe that's a good excuse to get out of work today......I wish....

I was cleaning some old files off my computer this morning and came across the Thursday's Wave file. Needless to say that one didn't get deleted, but instead it was sent to Debbie's Documents where it's safe from all intruders. :D

Coke for me, easy ice, micky D's cup, straw, thanks. :)

Killearn Kitties
03-10-2005, 10:03 AM
SPANNER!! IT WAS A SPANNER. Oh thank goodness I remembered the last weapon. I would never have slept tonight.

It is pretty creepy here today. I don't think I'll be using the secret passage from the bar out to the Lost and Found to see if we've got a copy of the game.

gini
03-10-2005, 10:10 AM
oooohhhhh,the secret passage, I forgot about that! Isn't that where all of the paintings on the wall have eyes that follow you?

It is so creepy!

slick
03-10-2005, 10:15 AM
eyes that follow you
beware the eyes of march...... :D

Killearn Kitties
03-10-2005, 10:24 AM
AAAAAAARRGH!

I don't know which is scarier, the secret passage with the moving eyes or the jokes!

lbaker
03-10-2005, 10:41 AM
I think it's Mario with that magnifying glass KK... MARIO! stop trying to look down my blouse!

RICHARD
03-10-2005, 12:30 PM
I think it's Mario with that magnifying glass KK... MARIO! stop trying to look down my blouse!

LOL, Better that than trying to light ants on fire!;)

KK,

Spanner!!!! DING DING DING, we have a winner!
And you can be Ms. Scarlett.

Drink? DONE!

T&P

Coke, easy ice, Mc D's cup, straw...
DONE!

GIni,

Coffee, bailey's and a wake up call...

These eyes..........

DONE!

Slick,
That's me on the floor, I hit the raisins and went flying!

Just what we need, sharp darts and dulled senses...

David, Coffee? DONE!

KK,

Spanner!! DING DING DING, we have a winner!!!!
Us west coasters are always confused..
DUMB! Oops! I mean DONE!

;)

Zip,

As always, our musical muse!!!

L4M,

Hard Cherry Limeade!

DONE!

Moosmom,

SOTBs extra S...DONE!

Tray,

Mario looks like Sherlock because Holmes was far more handsome than Watson..

LOLOLOL,

I was behind a car that had a huge stuffed animal on the rear deck.....as I pulled even to see what the driver looked like I saw a Mario doll hanging from the rear view mirror!!!!

I laughed.:cool:

Laurie,

Aha!

It was Laurie in the backyard, on the mattress with the pipe.....

Would you rather have Mario burning ant with that magnifying glass???:eek:

Redd,

See what you started????:D

AA coffee, Jet Fuel!!!!DONE!

Sorry if I missed anyone!!!!:(

slick
03-10-2005, 12:46 PM
It was Laurie in the backyard, on the mattress with the pipe.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p4f51fcf8d0376c445298658307374edf/f7a42175.jpg
You mean this mattress???

Dang....it won't "embed" the picture

Edwina's Secretary
03-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm only staying if I can be Miss Scarlet

I'm sorry Karen but I am always Miss Scarlet!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-10-2005, 12:56 PM
What in the world is a spanner? :confused:

RICHARD
03-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I'm sorry Karen but I am always Miss Scarlet!
Take turns....

wanna drink?

Slick,

LOLOLOLOL,
You or gini can tell the mattress story!!!

T&P&CJ.

A ten inch adjustable SPANNER!!!

http://www.whiteboxtools.com/detail.cfm?productID=1046

:D

lbaker
03-10-2005, 01:16 PM
But Richard, if Gini or Slick (or Zippy) tell the "Story of the Mattress" they would have to include the "Erotic Museum" story. Then we would have to get into the Appliance Store story. Then we.... * nevermind *

slick
03-10-2005, 01:18 PM
But Richard, if Gini or Slick (or Zippy) tell the "Story of the Mattress" they would have to include the "Erotic Museum" story. Then we would have to get into the Appliance Store story. Then we.... * nevermind *
SSSHHHHHHH!!!! Don't forget, what happens at Gini's, stays at Gini's! ;)

zippy-kat
03-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Debbie, Laurie, Zippy...where are you when I need you???

Just feelin' down and layin' low.

Off topic -but fits in with the whodunnit theme- there's a line of quarterhorses with "Dunnit" in the name: Hollywood Whodunnit, Cee Who Dunit, etc.
Creative 'n cute, huh?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-10-2005, 01:28 PM
A ten inch adjustable SPANNER!!!

http://www.whiteboxtools.com/detail.cfm?productID=1046

Aaaahhh....never knew that's what they were called, I've just always called that an adustable wrench. :o However, Professor Plum in the library with the adjustable wrench doesn't quite have that "ring" to it. ;) :D

I was just sitting here a few minutes ago, slaving away, and all of a sudden the taste of a regular margarita on the rocks with salt filled my mouth. Don't know where it came from but boy did it taste good...and almost sent me to the liquor store during lunch! :eek:

Guess I'll take one of those green slushies to try and get rid of the taste. :D

slick
03-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Hey Debbie, We've got a liquor store just 2 blocks away from work and some people wonder why I have to run errands everyday...:D

A slushy sounds good. 60 degrees today, clear skies, sunny and I had my moon roof open on the way to work. I love the West Coast.:)

slick
03-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Can we all just stop for a minute and raise a glass to Kelly? Now that she's home, let's pray for a quick healing. Thanks.

To Kelly....

RICHARD
03-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Can we all just stop for a minute and raise a glass to Kelly? Now that she's home, let's pray for a quick healing. Thanks.

To Kelly....

To Kelly...

And I'd like to propose a toast to the man in a Santo Domingo
bar who downed 50 shots of tequila to win a 10,000 Peso first prize (330 U.S.) he collected his money, left the bar and dropped dead....

Two other competitors are in the hospital in serious condition....:rolleyes:

-----------------------------

The Mystery is...

What did he die from???

RedHedd
03-10-2005, 04:54 PM
To Kelly...

And I'd like to propose a toast to the man in a Santo Domingo
bar who downed 50 shots of tequila to win a 10,000 Peso first prize (330 U.S.) he collected his money, left the bar and dropped dead....

Two other competitors are in the hospital in serious condition....:rolleyes:

-----------------------------

The Mystery is...

What did he die from???

I heard about that one on the way to work today .... I guess that's why they call it Ta-kill-ya? :rolleyes:

Corinna
03-10-2005, 07:30 PM
My goodness I miss one afternoon and you guys all really go crazy! I guess its the everclear.I heard about the "winner" the other day.
I think the mystery is who do we lure the hazmat guys out of the L&F and so their dance routine? Men in tool belts are really hot. Did I just say that:eek:
Who put the everclear in my diet coke? omg I drank sonme elses I haven't ordered yet YIKES!!! Glad I only had a sip, I really can't drink.
Glad all of our hospitalized folks are returning home.

Corinna
03-11-2005, 01:07 AM
I guess I scared everyone away. Oh well I guess I'll clean up and go home.

Corinna
03-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Hello hello any one around. Man I guess I cleaned to well they all disappeared. I feellike I'm in a home alone movie.

gini
03-11-2005, 11:53 AM
No Corinna, I am watching you and you had better behave!!

:D :D

No Home Alone antics here!

Corinna
03-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh no I made my family disappear!!!:D :D
I have to go fix my fence my bounder (Dugan went over it and mashed it down. Luckly it was just the seperation fence (front/back yard) but I don't like the mountain range in the front yard so off to fix it.

davidpizzica
03-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Corinna, I guess we're BOTH home alone! I'm here watching the snow come down (did you ever see it go UP?) and so for the roads are clear. i'm waiting for the mail to get my check from the state so I can pay my bills!

RedHedd
03-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Oh no I made my family disappear!!!:D :D :eek: That Everclear worked a leetle too well .... :D

Corinna
03-11-2005, 01:26 PM
David I know that one too I ran out of unemployment last week. I start back to work the 28th. I really am excited to start its going to be like a whole new store all new fixtures and lighting.
You have our snow usually have 2ft still but none since Jan. I have been trying to get the bosses to start earlier but no way . I guess we will just listen to terriorist err ummm tourist pound on the windows as we unpack the mountains of boxes.

slick
03-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey folks...it's been a busy morning here at work. Just stopping for a minute to grab a slushy to go.

Have a good day. :)

davidpizzica
03-11-2005, 03:04 PM
David I know that one too I ran out of unemployment last week. I start back to work the 28th. I really am excited to start its going to be like a whole new store all new fixtures and lighting.
You have our snow usually have 2ft still but none since Jan. I have been trying to get the bosses to start earlier but no way . I guess we will just listen to terriorist err ummm tourist pound on the windows as we unpack the mountains of boxes. Corinna, If this snow EVER stops, and we get weather that sort of LOOKS like spring, I should be going back to work. But meanwhile, with my knee replacement and being laid off, I'm beginning to forget what work is! LOL LOL!

catland
03-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Hi everybody - sorry I missed the party - I've actually had to work at work this week. <sigh>.

Our Pacific Northwest weather has been downright freaky. Its over 70 degrees and sunny here. You would think it is May, not March.

This must mean that we're going to pay for it somehow this summer.:eek: But I'll enjoy it while I can.

RedHedd
03-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Snow? It's sunny and 80's here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Corinna
03-11-2005, 05:49 PM
I know weather is too strange we should be in the 30"s and have snow. But it's 60 and sunny .
Just for Richard todays bad "B" movie was Metropolis 1925 a silent one.

slick
03-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Well, another Friday night with nothing on TV so I guess the cyber bar is the next best thing.

**plunk**
This couch is comfy...just what I need. Mario, sweetheart, come and sit beside me and we will talk about the events of the day.

Corinna....sorry I was not here last night to keep you company. Are you around tonight?

BTW: weather here today was 60 F and a bit overcast. Truly too warm for this time of year. (sorry, don't mean to brag, California). Usually we hover around 50 F and have lots of rain.

Corinna
03-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Sorry I didn't stay last night was a tad upset about something. But ok now.Its like late winter today here. 41 and supposed to have snow but so far nothing. We had a record high yesterday 65 degrees. Just about to start my horror movie day. Todays areThe Vampire bat,The Ape,The monster maker.
Hety btw where is Richard? I need company to watch these things. He'd have loved yesterdays it was asilent one from 1925.

davidpizzica
03-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Corinna, Did you mean the movie, Metropolis? I have that one on DVD! A great old movie.

Corinna
03-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Thats it . I bought the 50 pack of old horror movies I have made Saturdays old movie day I'm the only one who likes them . But yesterday I was so tired from yard work the afternoon I put one on. I love these cheesy old things.

davidpizzica
03-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Thats it . I bought the 50 pack of old horror movies I have made Saturdays old movie day I'm the only one who likes them . But yesterday I was so tired from yard work the afternoon I put one on. I love these cheesy old things. Corinna, I have one of the worst movies ever made on DVD, "Plan 9 From Outer Space" Talk about cheesy!

Killearn Kitties
03-12-2005, 02:53 PM
David, I won't have you saying that! Plan 9 is brilliant!! It never fails to make me laugh. :D

Corinna
03-13-2005, 06:17 PM
I guess I had better find that one.

RICHARD
03-14-2005, 05:35 PM
I missed Metropolis!!!

I loved that MOVIE!!!!!
a while back they reissued it with a soundtrack......

I have had a strange week and this week is gonna be stranger!

They finally got the thorn outta my shoe and I have to do HIS WORK now!!!:rolleyes:

gini
03-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Maybe we should call this week's Thursday

THORN THURSDAY!!

My Monday isn't so hot either...............