PDA

View Full Version : Ginger Update

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-09-2005, 12:08 PM
A couple of weeks ago I posted regarding Ginger being attacked by one of my other outside cats. He spent almost a week at the vet, and another 5 days in one of our bathrooms, as I wanted his wounds to totally dry out before I released him.

He is back in the garden and is doing well, although he protested VERY loudly when I first put him back outside - it's a shame because with some love and patience he would make an amazing indoor cat :(

Here is is with his booboo on his neck (he also had to have stitches in his leg)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/p43ff870dd7c60dc7e9c8b64dd6c913cb/f4e28517.jpg

And here he is recovering in the bathroom:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/p7ee3d9e01b944377996aa3f156d12bf8/f4e28516.jpg

I have set up a feeding station at my next door neighbor's house, so hopefully I won't have any more "turf wars" until I can figure out what to do with Dilly the troublemaker!

Barbara
03-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Soothing kisses to Ginger:) Hope he can stay out of Dilly's ways!

catlover4ever
03-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Kisses to Ginger's booboo's.

Grace
03-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Poor baby - that neck looks really nasty.

I must have missed the earlier topic. Why can't he just stay inside?

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Grace......He was trapped as part of my TNR program. He could not be released back to the spot he was trapped as it was too dangerous - on a very busy road. He is one of a number of cats who live in my garden - I provide food, water, shelter in winter and shade in summer, but I cannot have any more inside cats (I am living in the Middle East where my hubby is working on contract and the MAXIMUM number of cats I can afford to take with me when I leave is two :(

Grace
03-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't visit here as often as some, and am not up on all your backgrounds. Now that you have mentioned it, I do remember reading some of your previous posts.

How much longer will you be over there?

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-09-2005, 03:03 PM
As long as the job lasts, although we would like my son to finishe school here, and he has 18 months to go, so we will try to be here for at least that long!

(It IS difficult to keep track of all the furkids and people here) :)

catmandu
03-09-2005, 03:37 PM
It sounds as though Ginger,knows that troble,is waiting,for him,like the school boy,dreading,the Bully,in the School Yard.We are praying,that Ginger,does not run,into that bully,again.

rg_girlca
03-09-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm glad to hear that Ginger healed up well from his injuries.

I really hope and pray that he doesn't have another confrontation with the bully of the garden.

Have you tried finding a forever home for this sweetie since you said he would make an amazing indoor cat.

catcrazylady
03-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Poor baby! That was a nasty wound wasn't it? I'm so glad he has healed and is doing well. He sure is a cutie. He reminds me of a Dilman Leroy!;) :D
Do you know if anyone is going to take over for you when the times comes for you all to leave? You have been so wonderful to your garden babies that I would hate to think of them being left alone. I know that has to weigh heavy on you too.

*KISSIES* to that sweet boy!