PDA

View Full Version : OH MY!!! 2 faces?

trinity
03-09-2005, 11:26 AM
This article was on a webpage for a Pittsburgh news station...

Kitten Born With Two Faces

UPDATED: 12:03 pm EST March 9, 2005

LAKE CITY, Fla. -- When Teresa Morrison's cat had a litter Tuesday, she noticed something was different about one of the kittens.

"I thought it had growth on its face," she said.
The kitten has two mouths, two noses and four eyes. She immediately called her veterinarian.

"He said he's never seen it. Never," Morrison said.

The kitten is nursing from its mother, which the vet said is a good sign.

"(She's) feeding off one mouth now; sometimes go to the other one, but he's not getting it open," Morrison said.

The vet told Morrison he didn't know if the cat has one or two brains, but having one would give the cat a better chance to survive.

He said if the kitten lives 48 hours, he has a good chance of living a full life.

catnapper
03-09-2005, 11:28 AM
I read about those birth defects - one of the links QSA posted a while back. Most often they don't live past the first few hours.

QueenScoopalot
03-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Here's the link to flukes of nature, and other oddities. The website is www.messybeast.com and the url to the two headed kittens etc. is here. Poor critter! http://www.messybeast.com/freak-cats.htm
:( :eek: :(

catmandu
03-09-2005, 11:52 AM
We are praying,forv taht little Kitten,taht she can live,and have a normal Cat Life.

ratchet22
03-09-2005, 04:05 PM
I saw that web page that QSL put up, that was something else. So sad to see that, I hope the kitty survivies

momoffuzzyfaces
03-09-2005, 04:27 PM
They showed the kitten on CNN (I think that was the station). It is so cute. I hope it makes it too.