PDA

View Full Version : More Cat talkers than Dog talkers?...

jennifert
01-11-2002, 02:58 PM
Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be more cat talkers online than dog talkers? Or is it just me because I'm one of the few w/o both...
I have a few theories on it...
1. Cats are more interesting than dogs.
2. Dogs are more time-consuming leaving their owners less time to chat.
3. Dogs are more expensive to keep up, again leaving their owners with no time to chat since they are working.
4. Dogs are more expensive and their owners cannot afford computers.

These are all in fun, of course...Can anyone else think of any funny reasons?

Dixieland Dancer
01-11-2002, 03:16 PM
I think it's because there are more internet sites for talking about dogs than there are for cats. Sites such as the Golden Retriever Community, For The Love of Dogs, etc.... :rolleyes:

This happens to be one of my favorites though! :D

RachelJ
01-11-2002, 03:44 PM
Number 2 and 3 apply to me. The minute I finish up working, (in my home office on my computer) I've got two dogs standing by my desk chair looking up at me. When I try to ignore them spend a few minutes on line, it is non-stop reminding of WHAT TIME IT IS, until I relent and take them outside to play.

Logan
01-11-2002, 03:53 PM
I don't know, Jennifer, the Dog board has always had more traffic than the Cat board here at Pet Talk. It has been nice to see things picking up on the cat side though. As the owner of two cats and two dogs and two hamsters, I am very diversified, thus the huge number of posts I have! LOL!! :p

But I have to tell you, I am a member of way more cat communities than dog communities on MSN...but only participate in about 2. :D

kobieeli
01-11-2002, 05:30 PM
My theory--cats don't want to be talked about, while dogs LOVE it when their owners discuss them!

Cat: Well, do whatever you want to do on PetTalk. I can take it or leave it.

Dog: Lemme see the doggy pictures! Whose birthday is it? Who's the Dog of the Day? Lemme see too! :D

Dixieland Dancer
01-12-2002, 05:53 AM
OH NO!!!! I Shouldn't do this but......

DOGS RULE AND cats drool!!!! LOL

I think the devil made me say it ! :eek:

And for those of you who don't know this about me, I own a pure black domestic shorthair cat named Marty! And in our house the dogs definitely rule! :D

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: Dixieland Dancer ]

Pam
01-12-2002, 06:22 AM
Dixieland Dancer...I would love to hear more about Marty! Never knew you had a kitty! He must be Pet Talk's best kept secret!

RachelJ
01-12-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by kobieeli:
<STRONG>My theory--cats don't want to be talked about, while dogs LOVE it when their owners discuss them!</STRONG>

Not only that, they are blabber mouths themselves and love to rant and rave about what's going on in their house.

<STRONG>Dog: Lemme see the doggy pictures! Whose birthday is it? Who's the Dog of the Day? Lemme see too! :D</STRONG>

Exactly the situation in my house, at least with one of them!

jackiesdaisy1935
01-12-2002, 03:28 PM
Here is my reasoning why there are probably more dog people then cat people

What dogs do for us!!!!!
Keep a lonely night from being truly lonely.
Keep our homes safe.
Get us outside on beautiful days.
Listen to our singing.
Treat us like celebrities when we come home.
Warm up our beds at nights.
Star in our home videos.
Make our hearts more vigorous.
Take us outdoors on snowy winter days.
Alert us to the arrival of the mail.
Help us live longer.
Make us smile.
Agree with everything we say.
Warm our knees with their chins.
Provide us use for old tennis balls.
Signal when a thunderstorm is coming.
Pull sleds.
Help lower our blood pressure.
Test how fast we can run.
Keep the squirrels from overtaking our yards.
Teach us the meaning of unconditional love.
Take us out on rainy days.
Teach our children about responsibility.
-Author Unknown-

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: Jackie ]

Logan
01-12-2002, 08:13 PM
LOL! I hope Jackie's poem doesn't start a dog and cat war here at Pet Talk!! I happen to agree with everything in it, BUT, I also have the pleasure of two totally different cats. Butter gives me my thrill by keeping me on my toes, and making me laugh with his kitten like antics. He is so playful and energetic and Helen and I laugh at him constantly (when he isn't biting us!!). And Mimi is as loving as any dog I have ever owned, except towards Butter.
Some people's lifestyles are better suited for cats, who just don't need the constant attention of dogs, at least not in my experience. I think I enjoy my two dogs much more because I am able to be here with them most of the time. They show their love in different ways.
But don't ask me who I love more, because I'd never be able to answer. Love them all, unconditionally. :)
Logan

jackiesdaisy1935
01-12-2002, 11:19 PM
Oh Logan, you always have the right words for the right situation. I don't have any cats now, but I did have one and her name was Baby, we found her on Christmas eve under our air conditioner. She was what I think is a Calico cat, different colors. She even ended up having kittens and we found homes for all of them except one who died.
She got along with the dogs we had at that time and we loved her very much. We let her out one day and she disappeared, we think a person down the street took her with them when they moved.
So in my heart I love all animals, I loved that cat, I truly love my dogs and I wish we could save them all. You are right when it comes to animals how can we say we would choose one over the other.
Jackie

lbaker
01-13-2002, 02:08 AM
How could I ever say I love one of my children more than the other? They are all my babies...my best friends....my dearest dear was my rainbow cat Sunny who was truly touched by the Lord and everybody that met him felt that too, but my dog dears now have truly saved my life and my son's kittens have given us new life and laughter. We are truly blessed for all of them.... heavy sigh here for those gone but never forgotten...dogs, cats and human..
laurie

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: lbaker ]

purrley
01-16-2002, 07:10 AM
Although I'm partial to cats, I do love my new Chihuahua a whole lot. She's a special kind of company. There's no way I can be left alone - she has this need to be near me at all times thing - this has been quite hard to get used to, but now I love it.

And Dixie - don't you have that cliche backwards - I always thought dogs drooled:D :D