PDA

View Full Version : Stray Cat Will Be Killed by Hunters - New Law!!!

cruisetime
03-09-2005, 09:21 AM
On the news last night here in Houston Texas they said in Wisconsen they are trying to pass a law to allow any cat that is wondering around outside to be target practice for hunters as they said they are killing too many song birds!!!!! How can anyone be so cruel???? Both my cats I got as strays that had been trapped... Wonderful kitties - how could anyone use them as target practice????? Debbie

Craftlady
03-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Here's a previous discussion. I'm betting that enough pressure from animal groups will stop this maddness.

previous discussion (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73442)

moosmom
03-09-2005, 09:55 AM
THAT is insane!!! How about stray dogs? Will it be open season for them too???

That would mean any jerk :mad: who hated their cats, their neighbor's cats, girlfriend's cats, etc., could throw it outside then shoot it, claiming it was a stray and not be charged with animal cruelty. That's ridiculous!!!

I can almost BET that PETA, along with alot of other animal rights groups will put the kabash on that quickly!!

catmandu
03-09-2005, 11:59 AM
moosmom,makes an excellent point,about Stray Dogs,who are far more dangerous,than Cats.Dogs,are pack animals,and hunt down sheep,fowl,and unlike Cats,wuill attact people.There have been children,savaged,and killed,by packs,of Wild Dogs!

Jayna78
03-09-2005, 02:55 PM
This is the most ridiculous and unnecessarily cruel thing I've ever heard! I really hope the animal rights groups get on this and get on it ASAP!