PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use Vonage Phone Company?

Christiansmommy
03-09-2005, 09:19 AM
I am not sure how many places/states it is offered in yet, but my neighbor just switched to Vonage...and it really is quite a savings.

You basically get your phone service thru your computer modem rather than the phone lines...so the down side, is if your internet is down, your phone is too, but you can set it up, that you can have calls forwarded to your cell, if your phone line is down. My current Verizon bill is twice as much as i would be paying for Vonage, and it would consist of the same plan i have with Verizon...all the same services...caller id, etc.

Anyone have this, and have good things to say about it?

Thanks.
Robyn

lizbud
03-09-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't know about any savings, but their commercial really
drives me crazy.:eek: I mute it every time it comes on.:p

Sevens
03-09-2005, 12:09 PM
My husband and I love it. It works out well for us because you can get unlimited local service, unlimited long distance service, caller id, call waiting, and voice mail for $24 or $29 a month.

A lot of friends and family I call are long distance, so it saves us a ton of money on long distance bills. Plus I hate Verizon. We used to pay them $55 a month for local service and call waiting. It was a rip-off!

Christiansmommy
03-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Sevens
My husband and I love it. It works out well for us because you can get unlimited local service, unlimited long distance service, caller id, call waiting, and voice mail for $24 or $29 a month.

A lot of friends and family I call are long distance, so it saves us a ton of money on long distance bills. Plus I hate Verizon. We used to pay them $55 a month for local service and call waiting. It was a rip-off!

Cool! Glad to hear you like it. I think my husband is switching over now for us...we pay $49.99 + tax every month for Verizon...ends up being sometimes over $60 a month...and for the same unlimited calls in the US, call waiting, caller id, etc., we will be paying $24.99 + tax with Vonage...a good savings...i am glad to have found them...

BitsyNaceyDog
03-09-2005, 12:22 PM
We have it too, and love it. One thing I like about it is you can your messages from to your email.

shutterbug0303
03-09-2005, 12:46 PM
How about myself with DSL?!?! I guess that wouldn't work, huh?

I hate living in a "lame" area! The "mouse on the wheel doesn't run fast enough to give us any worthwhile services" (no offense to rattie lovers :D )

smokey the elder
03-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I can't get VOIP until it works with satellite. I need a land line. Get with it, DirecTV!:p :D

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
I don't know about any savings, but their commercial really
drives me crazy.:eek: I mute it every time it comes on.:p

Is that the one with the "Stupid People" on it????

I concur!!!!!

lizbud
03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
It's the commercial with a song (?) that goes on forever.

"who hoo, hoo hoo hoo, who hoo," etc.:rolleyes: Drives me
bonkers.:D

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
It's the commercial with a song (?) that goes on forever.

"who hoo, hoo hoo hoo, who hoo," etc.:rolleyes: Drives me
bonkers.:D

lololol

no kidding, I see someone do something stupid and I start to laugh and sing.........who hoo, hoo hoo hoo....