PDA

View Full Version : What are your pet peeves?

kt_luvs_kitties
03-09-2005, 12:44 AM
My pet peeves are:

1) bullies and/or people who act inferior and pick on people just because they can. This also includes people picking/being mean to animals...
2) inconsiderate/rude people
3) getting cut off in traffic
4) being late *almost always am though:rolleyes: *
5) hearing someone blow their nose in the shower, or at a dinner table

What are your top 5 pet peeves?

cloverfdx
03-09-2005, 02:05 AM
1) Out of control children

2) Homophobes

3) People who abuse animals

4) Racism

5) People who let their dogs roam and terrorise other people and their dogs :mad:.

tomkatzid
03-09-2005, 02:47 AM
I have "MANY" mostly work related, I'am a server. So no doubt I will post here many times as I think of them.
People who ask for 'just a water' and then NEVER even drink it, but they feel like they have to 'order' something. Save me a trip, save the water, sit with nothing if your not going to drink it.
People who wave and holler to get your attention that they want to order as I am walking 'up to' their table. OMG, I didn't see you from way back here, 2 feet away..............
People that say 'Oh keep the change' from a beer, when its 8 cents. If you can't afford to tip proper, then you need the 8 cents more than I do. That is an insult.............
OK, I'm getting worked up here, just got home from a night like this, better calm down and go to sleep !
Katz

kt_luvs_kitties
03-09-2005, 02:57 AM
tomkatzid I know what you mean. I have had a few waitressing jobs, and they SUCKED!! People are so darn inconsiderate:rolleyes:

Which reminds me of another pet peeve. I worked at a pizza place a few years ago. And people would do this:

me:"what would you like on your pizza?"
other person:"what is on a supreme pizza?"
Me: "Pepperoni, sausage, green peppers, ham, onions and of course, cheese"
other person" ok I will take that, only without the sausage, ham and onions"

Now why did they not just say "i want a pizza with pepperoni, green peppers and cheese?" It used to blow my mind how dingy some people are:rolleyes: :confused:

tomkatzid
03-09-2005, 03:03 AM
Now yours reminds me...
'I'll have a coffee'. I take coffee, oh I'll have cream, ok, I bring you cream, oh and can I have sugar. %^(*&^ is this your 1st cup of coffee you have ever had, don't you already know when you order it that you want cream and sugar. Now you may think the server should ask, this is a BUSY bar, grow up and order what you want the first time. Not much coffee going on where I work.. If you want a vodka and tonic you order a vodka and tonic, not just vodka and then when I bring it a tonic.
OK, I will 'try' to stop now.

Oggyflute
03-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Stupid people really peeve me.

Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say, “I’m Stupid”. That way you wouldn’t rely on them, would you? You would’nt ask them anything.

It would be like, “Excuse me……oops, never mind. Didn’t see your sign”.

It’s like before my partner and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a removalists truck in our driveway. My neighbour comes over and says “Hey, You moving”? “Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes. Here’s your sign”.

A couple of months ago I went fishing with a mate of mine, we pulled his boat into the ramp, I lifted up this big whiting and this idiot on the ramp goes, “Hey, you catch all them fish”? “Nope. Talked ‘em into giving up. Here’s your sign.

I was watching one of those animal shows on the Discovery Channel. There was a guy inventing a shark bite suit. And there’s only one way to test it. “Alright Jimmy, you got that shark suit on, it looks good….They want you to jump into this pool of sharks, and you tell us if it hurts when they bit you”.
“Well, all right, but hold my sign. I don’t wanna lost it”.

Last time I had a flat tyre, I pulled my car into a service station. The attendant walks out, looks at my car, looks at me, and I SWEAR he said, ‘Tyre go flat”? I couldn’t resist. I said, “Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled up on me. Here’s your sign”.

We were trying to sell our car about a year ago. A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes. We get back to the house, he gets out of the car, reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says , “Sh*t, that’s hot!” See? If he’d been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.

I learned to drive an 18 wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn’t you know I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn’t get it out no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning…ok..no problem. I thought sure he was clear of needing a sign…until he asked “So is your truck stuck”? I couldn’t help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig and then back to him and said “no I’m delivering a bridge…here’s your sign”.

I stayed late at work one night and a co-worker looked at me and said “Are you still here”? I replied “No. I left about 10 minutes ago. Here’s your sign.

Anybody you know need a sign today? The next time someone says something stupid ask them where their sign is.

tomkatzid
03-09-2005, 03:24 AM
OMG, I'm rolling with laughter. Funny Funny stuff. Nice way to end my night, laughter. Now I'm really going to bed ;)
Katz

tomkatzid
03-09-2005, 03:44 AM
OggyFlute, now here is a ""STUPID"" guy.

http://www.junnhorde.com/~dragonbreath/mos-nd-demo.wmv

Oggyflute
03-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid

Oh yeah, a real mental giant that one. :rolleyes: Way too stupid, and where was his sign?!!!!. See if he had a sign..........................:D

moosmom
03-09-2005, 07:30 AM
1. Litterbugs
2. People who abuse/abandon animals
3. People to try to get IN an elevator before it empties out.
4. Members of PT who are constantly saying they're leaving then keep coming back.
5. Rude people

GraciesMommy
03-09-2005, 07:34 AM
My BIGGEST pet peeve is people who say they are going to do something and don't do it...I can NOT stand that..
I always try my best to keep my word..that is very important to me.

Samantha Puppy
03-09-2005, 08:14 AM
1. People who lie
2. Inconsiderate people
3. Workaholics
4. People who can never take responsibility and insist on blaming something/someone else
5. When good things happen to bad people

I have tons more, but that'll do for now...

lute
03-09-2005, 08:34 AM
1. people letting their dogs ride in the back of a pick-up.

2. people that say the same thing over and over.

3. puns

4. kids in general. i REALLY dislike them

5. moosmom's #3

sirrahbed
03-09-2005, 08:38 AM
- when the bedsheets keep coming off at the corner

-kids in the checkout lines whining for candy or something else and the parents don't do anything about it

-clerks who giggle and talk to someone else when they are supposed to be waiting on ME:o

Probably many more but these are the ones I thought of right away!

catnapper
03-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Boy, I have lots.

* Telemarketers

* when someone answers the phone nad says "this is him/her" instead of he/she. CRINGE!

* When people go out the wrong way of the one way alley behind my house

* When I order something in a restaurant.. tell them to make it well done. hubby then says "burn it" to the waiter, and it comes to me almost uncooked. Like grilled cheese, where the bread is still white and you can pull apart the layers of unmelted cheese (yes thats what I ALWAYS get when we go out to a diner!) :D

* People who don't get to the point. Say what you want, don't meander through a hundred roads to get there.

* Customer service people who have NO CLUE about their product... how can they be of service when *I* know more than they do????

Suki Wingy
03-09-2005, 09:32 AM
1. Ignorant people who are in favor of BSL
2. People who sit there and have to tell themselves that science is all fake and religion is true
3. People who chomp their gum
4. People who make noises when they eat
5. People who breed their dog with out a really good reason.

Suki Wingy
03-09-2005, 09:34 AM
* People who don't get to the point. Say what you want, don't meander through a hundred roads to get there.

I am afraid sometimes I take an incredibly long time to explain things! (Your pet peeve is me all the way! Sorry:o )

PJ's Mom
03-09-2005, 10:36 AM
People who leave their trashy flyers on my door when I have a huge sign that says "No Soliciting!" I guess people can't read or don't know what soliciting means. :rolleyes: :mad: I've finally gotten smart and tarted calling or emailing these stupid companies and telling them to pay attention.

My husband.

People who put their dogs in the back of their pickups. (especially on the highway)

People who will say one thing then turn around and do completely the opposite.

I have to agree with Oggy about stupid people. My favorite question, "What are you doing?" when it's clearly obvious what the **** I'm doing. :rolleyes:

Oh and Oggy, thanks for the laugh. :D

RedHedd
03-09-2005, 01:43 PM
1. Not using spell/grammar check in written communications.
2. People on cell phones anywhere in public, but especially while driving, in stores and in elevators! :eek:
3. People who forward e-mails with all the previous forward headers left on exposing all those e-mail addreses to all kinds of spam and people who use "reply to all" for e-mails when they don't know who "all" are.
4. Smacking gum/eating with mouth open or while talking.
5. People who abuse animals and/or children
6. Jaywalkers/double parkers
7. Tailgaters
8. Rudeness/no manners.
9. People who are consistently late.
10. People who don't use their turn signals while driving.

tomkatzid
03-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
2. People on cell phones anywhere in public, but especially while driving, in stores and in elevators! :eek:

People on cells phones only bother me when they do 2 things. Can't drive and talk at the same time, if they used the hands free device they probably could, but now they can't smoke, hold the phone and turn the wheel at the same time.

I try to take their order and they are on the phone, and brush me off. As soon as they are finished with their call they are waving and yelling for service, sorry 'stupid' person, you had your chance, now wait your turn again.

Stupid people who come up to me and tell me what they want to order while I'm at another guests table talking to them and getting their order. WAIT YOUR TURN, YOUR NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY ONE ELSE,if you running late, plan ahead next time.

Stupid people who want their food in 5 minutes because they have a plane to catch. We are right across the st. from the airport. PLAN AHEAD. Go to McDonalds.

Stupid tech support people. Mainly Comcast. Trying to tell me it's in my computer, when I have already called severl of my neighbors to confirm. Several hours later call tech support again and the say 'yes there is trouoble in your area'

Suki Wingy
03-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Here's another stupid one. A girl in my art class happened to pass me on the street while I was walking Nino, and she said, "Oh, are you, like, walking him?"

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 04:08 PM
People who are rude to clerks, tellers, salespeople.

I was in line behind a nurse in the cafeteria.
He was whining like a -itch, complaining about the sandwich
that the gal was making for him

"I can't eat tomatoes", "I told you that before", "I can't eat onions", "Did you forget I told you that before"....

When she finished with the sandwich, with one made with the verboten ingredients, I stuck my had out and said, "I'll take it, I ain't picky!"

As I walked away his voice went up a few octaves and he started to whine even LOUDER..."I have a delicate stomach, I can't eat the things that YOU CAN....."

I didn't glance back......I got the rest of my meal and got into line.....

"I can't eat what you do..." started to buzz in my ear again......
"I have a delicate stomach!!!" He was standing directly behind me.

I was totally pissed off by now, so I turned to him and in a voice loud enough for everyone to hear I said, "WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"
I turned, took a few steps, heard the same whine AGAIN......

One more "WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!

And I went on my way....I hope I do see him again.....I have quite a bit more to say to him....

;)

CalliesMom
03-09-2005, 05:48 PM
1) MoosMom's #4 has been IRRITATING me A LOT lately!! LOL

2) Horrible drivers

3) Screaming children

4) People who say they will do something and then don't...so you can no longer depend on them

5) People who can't get to work on time..#$#@#$@ ALWAYS happens here

I have tons but those are all I can think of right now. ;)

slick
03-09-2005, 05:55 PM
People on cell phones anywhere in public, but especially while driving, in stores and in elevators!
I have a TON of pet peeves and along with this one I absolutely HATE people who don't park straight. Hello??? What are those white lines for??

Oggy...ROFLAMO!! :D

catnapper
03-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by slick

I have a TON of pet peeves and along with this one I absolutely HATE people who don't park straight. Hello??? What are those white lines for??

Me too!!! What about those with their precious new cars that take up TWO spots for fear of geting their baby dinged by another car door. I feel like keying their car! Take THAT you selfish egotistical jerk!

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 06:19 PM
OH OH OH..

I LOVE MOTORCYCLES.

I HATE IT WHEN THEY TAKE UP A WHOLE PARKING SPACE.

There are tons of places where they can park, off the beaten trail.

As it is we have to park in the FIRE LANES in the parking structure...

Catnapper,

Make you a deal, I'll scratch, you tip????;)

RedHedd
03-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Me too!!! What about those with their precious new cars that take up TWO spots for fear of geting their baby dinged by another car door. I feel like keying their car! Take THAT you selfish egotistical jerk! and SUV's who try to park in the "compact only" spots :rolleyes: Oh I can tell stories .... the garage where I park my compact commute-mobile was built LONG before SUV's were even on the drawing board so most SUV's simply will not fit. There is a sign in VERY PLAIN SIGHT that says NO OVERSIZE VEHICLES. It's hanging down and if your vehicle hits the sign, it's too big to park there ... but NOOOOO! The brainless ones insist that *their* SUV is special and somehow different and will magically fit! SO many times I've been stuck behind one of these brainless ones trying to figure out why their vehicle roof is hitting the parking garage ceiling .... here's your sign :p

Suki Wingy
03-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by CalliesMom
5) People who can't get to work on time..#$#@#$@ ALWAYS happens here

OOh, Sorry! I just can't seem to ever get to school on time! I have already gotten two detentions for being late this school year:( Once my family made reservations for 6:30 and then told her they were for 6:00 so she wasn't late but she was still late! My whole family is like that.:o :o

RedHedd
03-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by CalliesMom
5) People who can't get to work on time..#$#@#$@ ALWAYS happens here That and the ones who are always calling in sick so others (me) have to cover their desks too.

CathyBogart
03-09-2005, 08:54 PM
-Children

-Evangelists in any form.

-People who can't take responsibility for their own actions, and always have to blame someone else or their circumstances.

-Whining

-When my boyfriend points out that we're running late and then takes forever to get his stuff together while I stand in the doorway with the keys.

-Customers

-People who whine about the way their life is but don't try to change it. (My co-worker... "I need to lose weight sooo badly, but I can't do it!" Yes you CAN, I'll bet cutting out the three triple-shot frappes you drink every day would get the ball rolling :rolleyes: )

-People who can't be bothered with grammar, punctuation and spelling.

-When people say "I could care less" when they mean "I COULDN'T care less".

GiantSchnauzer
03-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Most of mine have to do with driving.

~Ignorant people who have no respect for another persons property and whip their car doors open into my vehicle or slam carrages into it. This is why I've taken to parking way out at the end of the lot.

~Tailgaters. I'll go slower just to P#!$ them off. Or shut the O/D off and give 'em a big surprise.

~People who shovel snow from their driveway into the freshly plowed street.

~People who whip across 4 lanes of traffic on the highway so they won't miss their exit. Pay attention!!

~People who don't use directionals.

~Driving and talking on a cell phone.

~Fart can/coffee can exhaust on little rice mobiles.

I could go on and on...

lisalee
03-09-2005, 09:27 PM
THE PEOPLE LIVING ABOVE ME!! (yes, with big capital letters, they drive me crazy!) :mad:

garbage laying around outside

yelling kids

animal abuse, nothing gets to me as bad as this! :mad:

people not letting an animal share there home

materialistic people

Wow, I have pretty many and I'm sure I have more too.

GiantSchnauzer
03-09-2005, 09:31 PM

What an idiot! :rolleyes:

Zoey started growling when she heard his voice. lol

tikeyas_mom
03-09-2005, 10:01 PM
1. people who think Tikeya is a wolf.

2. when i get an eyelash in my eye.

3. when i get dog hair caught in the back of my throat and cant get it out.

4. hyprocrites

5. ignorance

Orca
03-09-2005, 10:05 PM
My biggest pet peeve is ignorant people...

...more specifically, people responding to animals they don't really care for (e.g. rats, reptiles, etc.) by saying "Oh, thats disgusting!" or "Its so ugly!" ... things like that. If you don't like the animal, just walk away. I love rats and I love reptiles, and the people are insulting something I like right infront of me. I think its rude and makes them look ignorant. I don't mind them being afraid, but its the reactions like that that make my blood boil.

Oggyflute
03-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
Here's another stupid one. A girl in my art class happened to pass me on the street while I was walking Nino, and she said, "Oh, are you, like, walking him?"

"No were running to catch a bus, ...........Oh, here's your sign............" :D

Suki Wingy
03-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Yeah, then when I saw here at class, she said, "Hey, I like, saw you and your dog yesterday, did you know that?"

BitsyNaceyDog
03-10-2005, 07:56 AM
I have way more than 5 pet peeves, but I'll list a few major ones

-repetition
-people who don't turn their headlights on in the pouring rain
-people with no common sense
-cigarette smoke blowing in my face
- toilet paper that is under rather than over
-parents who don't discipline their kids
-people who talk with food in their mouth
-when people make-out and hang all over each other in public

I can go on, but I'll stop there

mruffruff
03-10-2005, 11:47 AM
A few of mine:

People who think rules/laws are for "other people"--No U turn, Headlights must be on when it rains, Keep right unless passing, Checkout lines for 20 items or less, No Smoking.

Noisy eaters.

People who interrupt someone when they're talking.

And don't get me started on cell phones!!!!

(No wonder I'm single.:D )

Mary

RICHARD
03-10-2005, 01:36 PM
T.V. poker shows.....

Make them more exciting, give the players alcohol and guns!!!

Child actors.

Movies with a 'theme' that gives way to more similarly themed shows.

Million Dollar Baby debuts and now child actor Rick "don't call me Ricky" Schroeder is making the rounds, selling HIS boxing movie!

Two peeves at once!!!!

:rolleyes:

tomkatzid
03-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Customers who ask, with menu in hand, what kind of this or that do you have? You have the menu, if you can't read it, go take a reading class instead of drinking in a bar..................

tomkatzid
03-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Customers who ask K A T Z, that's your name????????? NO, it's a radio station, Of course it's my name, that why they call it a "Name Tag"

Soapets
03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Prejudiced people

People who think they have the right to judge others, and then do judge others.

Manipulation

When people are capable of doing something to help themselves, but won't do it.

People who gossip, spread rumors

Oggyflute
03-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Suki Wingy
Yeah, then when I saw here at class, she said, "Hey, I like, saw you and your dog yesterday, did you know that?"

I think we can safely say she will never be up for a Lasker prize or anything.:D

Oggyflute
03-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Customers who ask K A T Z, that's your name????????? NO, it's a radio station, Of course it's my name, that why they call it a "Name Tag"

"And why aren't you wearing your sign?"..............:D

RICHARD
03-11-2005, 12:22 PM
People who you pass to get in front of and then they speed up in order to keep you from passing.

Then they look at you like you are the jerk.

Since I am tired of trying to get people to read my lips as I curse their parents, children, intelligence, driving skills and other traits I have no knowledge about, I am in the process of making a sign from card board and magic marker that will be legible from 10 feet away.

-------------------------------------------

Someone sent me an email with this nugget in it....

You never learn to curse, until you learn to drive.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-11-2005, 12:39 PM
1) lyers
2) people who don't mind their own business
3) people who mistreat pets
4) People who park in the middle of a parking space!!
5) Gossip

etc................:(

PJ's Mom
03-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Apparently my phone number is the same as a Dr. Blackwell.

A stupid woman just called wanting an appointment for next week. She NEVER gave me the chance to tell her she had the wrong number because she was talking so much. :mad:

I told her to come in Monday at 10:45. :D :p

Oggyflute
03-11-2005, 03:16 PM
LMAO :D :D Very good. :D

RICHARD
03-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Apparently my phone number is the same as a Dr. Blackwell.

A stupid woman just called wanting an appointment for next week. She NEVER gave me the chance to tell her she had the wrong number because she was talking so much. :mad:

I told her to come in Monday at 10:45. :D :p

Always schedule your patients at 12:00- Lunch time, ya know???:D

PJ's Mom
03-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh darn. I forgot about lunch. :D

It was either yell at her or make myself laugh. I chose the latter. :D

Desert Arabian
03-11-2005, 03:31 PM
I have lots, I am sure I will forget most....

* People chewing really loud
* Drunk people getting behind the wheel
* Dogs loose in the bed of pick-ups (no truck cap)
* Talking on cell phones while eating and while driving
* People not using their directionals
* People who get pets without doing a good amount of research and are pretty much clueless about the animal they just got
* People who do not seek medical attention for their pets
* People who abuse/neglect animals
* People who bash hunting/hunters when they have little to no knowledge about the topic (and act like they do)
* Poachers/poaching
* Boat launch idiots that take 30 minutes to launch their boats when really it only takes about 3 minutes to launch a boat
* Chronic liars
* Being late/people who are late on a regular basis
* Lazy, whiny people
* People who use their illnesses as a crutch (like my grandma!)

Two of my (recent) biggest ones:
* When customers WHISTLE to me at work to get my attention! I am NOT a dog dang it- do not whistle to me. I ignore customers who whistle to me, sorry.
* Customers who call me by my name and I have no clue who they are, I cannot tell you how much that ticks me off. Darn nametag.