PDA

View Full Version : Happy help needed..

cali
03-08-2005, 03:25 PM
ok I need some help with Happy, normally training is no issue for me it something I am really good at, but her is the problem, whever Happys does not want to do something she puts on this act as if she extremly soft and fragile(my a$$ she's fragile, as she rips a nail out without blinking an eye, busts a board on her hip and you would not know anything happend, etc..) now here is the bigger problem, the ONLY thing she wants to do anymore is play fetch, try to do anything but play fetch or even incorpeate something into a game a fetch she out comes the "im soft and fragile" act, and if I try to pick her up to do soething she makes herself go limp. this is getting incredably annoying and I need help, how on earth do I make her stop this soft act?

cali
03-08-2005, 04:29 PM
bump

cali
03-08-2005, 09:10 PM
ok I think a have a break through here, someone on another board recalled reading something in a book not along ago, she does not remeber what its called but she described for example how a they beg, she THINKs its call passive dominance, but what she described it is word for word how Happy begs. if anyone knows what this is called or can find any info onhow to deal with it that would be VERY helpfull as all I can find is training for a soft passive dog, or for a dominat agressive dog, but nothing for a passive dominant dog.. lol

Vette
03-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Dont have any adivse for ya. but i wish you the best of luck.
fingers and paws crossed that you have better luk with her though. :D

cali
03-08-2005, 10:16 PM
ok after a lot of thinking my mom and I have just figered out Hapoys ingenious scheme lol and it explains ALL the problems between Happy and Misty that we have been having etc.. see Happy has come up with an ingenius plan to take over. what is it? slowly take advantage of everyones sunconscience. see Happy was previously exreamly submissive... or so everyone thought. in fact she has wormed her plan into our sunconscience. see for example when Happy is playing and you tell her her to lay down she will lay down for a few seconds get up and drop the toy in your lap, without thinking about it you throw the toy..exactly what she wants. the way she begs, sneaking up over your shoulders, without thinking about it you hand her some food..playing right into her hands. Misty is the top dog, that is why the rialry between Happy and Misty has been incresing, because Happy is getting exactly what she wants, while Misty is being prevented because Misty is up front and dominant, kind of hard not to notice lol Happy however is doing it is such a sneaky way that not one person suspected a thing, meanwhile she is getting exactly what she wants every time.

Oggyflute
03-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Oh yeah. My two play the helpless puppy routine when they want something as well. :D

Corinna
03-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Good luck I have never had that problem sending good thoughts.

LKPike
03-09-2005, 02:10 PM
it kinda sounds to me that Happys "bored". maybe she just wants to be a lazy-baby for a little while? ;)

bckrazy
03-10-2005, 02:10 AM
Happy could be showing signs of passive dominance, but mostly it sounds like extreme softness. A lot of NILIF and Obedience work every day could give her more confidence and discipline. Gonzo is very soft too, he would totally go limp if I tried to pick him up when he didn't want to do something, and cower and everything. Now, he's much more confident.... Just remember to be patient, BC's sense when you're getting frustrated and mostly they just want to do what you want them to. Take it very, very slow. If she seems like she's shutting down, give her some good treats and go through a few tricks she knows. I sometimes put Gonzo on a long down-stay to just chill for a while, and it always helps. He gets very frustrated when we're playing frisbeee and he isn't catching it because of the wind or I'm throwing crappy or whatever... a break always helps :)

Always remember to be as positive and happy as possible, tell her she's a good girl often and give her treats and praise. Make it very fun and exciting and she'll learn to love whatever you want to teach her.