PDA

View Full Version : Hell Hath No Fury...

RICHARD
03-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Like a woman with a kitchen utensil in hand.....

--------------------------------------------------

Apron-wearing women storm parliament

Protesting women wearing aprons and waving kitchen utensils invaded a parliament building in Brazil.

They staged their protest at Sorocaba after a local MP made sexist comments, reports Estado de Sao Paulo.

Waldomiro Raimundo de Freitas was responding to a group of women complaining about nepotism in parliament.

He said: "For the sake of your babies, please housewives, stay at home! Cook for your families, take care of your husbands."

Eight women's groups combined to stage the protest after his comments were broadcast by a TV station.

The MP has since apologised for his remarks.

--------------------------------------------------

Now wait a second....

Exactly what does a "housewife" do??? Does she get "desperate"?

Now I do disagree with the last part of the statement-If a guy can't feed himself, he's a dope....

But what happens when a housewife leaves the house???

What does she turn into?? A business woman???

And what happens to the babies????:eek:

Pit Chick
03-08-2005, 04:39 PM
The babies go to daycare where they are raised by someone else who is not allowed to discipline the rowdy, out-of-control brats, then they grow up to be adolescent terrors who learn everything they need to know about life (including sex and how to make homemade bombs) on the internet while dad AND mom are at work, then on to the teenage years where they do every drug known to man, have sex with anything that walks because no one bothered to tell them NOT to, now they are drug addicted, homicidal maniacs, bouncing in and out of jail leaving their parents to wonder "where did we go wrong?". :rolleyes:

Oggyflute
03-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
The babies go to daycare where they are raised by someone else who is not allowed to discipline the rowdy, out-of-control brats, then they grow up to be adolescent terrors who learn everything they need to know about life (including sex and how to make homemade bombs) on the internet while dad AND mom are at work, then on to the teenage years where they do every drug known to man, have sex with anything that walks because no one bothered to tell them NOT to, now they are drug addicted, homicidal maniacs, bouncing in and out of jail leaving their parents to wonder "where did we go wrong?". :rolleyes:

:D yeah! quote of the year!:D

Nomilynn
03-09-2005, 12:40 AM
When and if I have children, I fully plan to have a career. I hope to be able to stay home until my kids are in school or my husband can stay home, but I want a career.

My mom worked as a daycare giver. Saying that all daycares make for bad children is unfair. The kids she took care of still to this day (they are all teens/young adults now) hold great respect for her, because of what they learned from her.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-09-2005, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Pit Chick

I hope that was either a joke or was intended to be sarcastic. If not, as a working Mum, I must say that the statement deeply offends me, and goes against all the working Mums out there who are doing a great job being both carreer professionals and great parents.

Oggyflute
03-09-2005, 03:24 AM
I'm sure it was a joke mate, at least that's how I interpreted it. :) It is a "richard" thread after all, and they do tend to look at the lighter side of life.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-09-2005, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
I'm sure it was a joke mate, at least that's how I interpreted it. :) It is a "richard" thread after all, and they do tend to look at the lighter side of life.

Well, in that case No worries!!! :)

Pit Chick
03-09-2005, 09:08 AM
It's kinda half joke, half serious. I give much props to those moms who do manage a career and raising kids the right way, especially those single moms who have no choice. But lets face it, kids today don't have the same upbringing as some of you who grew up in the 50's and 60's and had stay at home moms who were always there when they were needed, had the time to devote to their kids, and were there to discipline and keep their kids out of trouble and tell the kids "just wait til your father gets home". I tend to ride the fence a lot and this is one of those issues I saddle up for. I think if women want the opportunity to have a career, there shouldn't be restrictions or glass ceilings, however, I do feel that kids need their moms or a dad at home raising them, not society. Kids don't get the discipline they need at home and then they are sent off to school or daycare where the teachers have to deal with them and teachers are at their whits end cause there's nothing they can do about these kids. It's not that long ago I was in high school where teachers told us these things and I'm sure it's gotten a lot worse since then. I'm not critizing the school systems or daycares, they do the best they can to provide an education for their students, but now that the schools are no longer allowed to give swats when necessary without facing a lawsuite, the kids think they can get away with anything. And if they get suspended from school, they don't care cause that just gives them the opportunity to stay home and get in trouble because there isn't a parent there to monitor them.

I really mean no offense to anyone, just giving my 2 cents. I hope I'm fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom cause I would love nothing more than to raise my kids the way I want them raised.

I look at it like this, I rescue a puppy and it gets adopted into a new home. A year or two later this new home calls and says they have to return the dog for whatever reason. Now I have an adult dog with no training, no discipline, no manners, and it's terribly shy and unsocialized. This being the result of someone else raising it. I know it's kind of a weired comparison, but since I don't have kids, it's the closest comparison I could think of. :confused:

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-09-2005, 12:46 PM
I guess I can understand your opinion, so let's just agree to disagree.

I have always believed that it's the quality time spent with the family after work and school that makes the biggest impact. Homecooked meals instead of Macdonalds, dinner at the table and not in front of the TV.

I know PLENTY of stay at home mums who dont take the time to make nutritious homecooked meals for their kids, and sit like zombies in front of the TV at mealtimes.

My kids are polite, well disciplined and I can take them ANYWHERE. They know how to behave in adult company. I have always played open cards with their teachers - never covering up for the if they haven't done homework, and being very involved in their schools. They know if they do something wrong at school I will know about it immediately, as I make the effort to communicate regularly with their teachers.

My kids aren't spoiled, but they have a lot more opportunities in life coming from a family where both parents work - overseas travel, exciting afterschool activities, golf, boating, private schooling and extra lessons - believe me they wouldn't have had 10% of THAT if I hadn't been bringing in a salary for the past 17 years.

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 12:55 PM
For the record.

I thought there is nothing sexist about the PM's message.

The women were complaining about nepotism in government.
Had these women thought ahead a little bit, they could have married a politician....

It just show poor planning on THEIR part.

;)

IRescue452
03-11-2005, 02:11 PM
I fully agree that mothers should stay home, but I wouldn't force that on anyone who didn't force the opposite on me. Wait, they do force the opposite on me!:mad: Because of those feminists, I have to go to college and have a career and balance that with raising a family. I plan to quit working when I have kids, but I don't think we coud survive off of the crappy teachers' salary that he will be getting. I ain't letting some moron working in a daycare raise MY kids.