PDA

View Full Version : Strangest tricks and commands

IRescue452
03-08-2005, 01:24 PM
What are the strangest tricks or commands your dog knows? Autumn goes to the bathroom on command, and if she doesn't have to go, she squats down and fakes it. Pepper doesn't do anything anymore but she never really did much anyway, she used to dance in circles on her hind feet and that was her only real trick.

Kevin Farmer
03-16-2005, 08:23 PM
:( when my hubby and i are getting ready to go somewhere(shopping,dinner,etc.)...we tell maximus "we'll be back in a little bit"...in other words, he's not going....HE POUTS!!!...it's so sad...he puts his head down and walks slowly to the bed....we're almost in tears before we get out the door... :(

Lexi_Lover
03-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Well, last night, one of her one time tricks was get your collar. I threw it away and she got it back. Lexi learns tricks in 5 minutes!

Here are some that she learned in that amount of time:

Turn
Around
High Five
Paw
Other Paw
Easy
Hold It
Keep It
Roll over
Bang, bang

Theres more, I'll post them later;)

emc
03-16-2005, 11:19 PM
My chihuahua does an imitation of a frog. When I say "stretch those froggie legs" she lies flat on the carpet with her back legs stretched out and she drags herself around on the carpet in a circle. It looks really funny and her back legs stretched out like that remind me of frogs legs.

Animals Online (http://www.accessv.com/~email/tshirts/) - Free iron-on graphics

Suki Wingy
03-17-2005, 06:20 PM
If NiƱo looks like he is going to pee on something he isn't alowd, I saw "No Pee" and he leaves it alone.

KateML
03-21-2005, 12:23 PM
When Wylie is trying to chew something he shouldn't we tell him "get your kong" and he stops chewing and looks for the kong until he finds it.

PJ's Mom
03-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Peej knows several of his toys by name...which I guess isn't strange. :rolleyes:

Probably the strangest thing my dogs know how to do is to "say please". This is the quiet (growl instead of bark) version of speak. :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-25-2005, 09:49 AM
Blaze doesn't really have any strange tricks...I'll havta think about that one.:)

DogLover9501
03-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Jasper does lots of strange things :p So I can't really pick one or two!

Originally posted by Kevin Farmer
:( when my hubby and i are getting ready to go somewhere(shopping,dinner,etc.)...we tell maximus "we'll be back in a little bit"...in other words, he's not going....HE POUTS!!!...it's so sad...he puts his head down and walks slowly to the bed....we're almost in tears before we get out the door... :(

Piddle is the same way! Except we say "We'll be right back".

bckrazy
03-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Gonzo spins around in circles really fast :) I also taught him to "limp".. its funny..

My friends Boxer has been taught to sniff out Marijuana :p... dont ask how he taught him...

Bonny
03-26-2005, 04:36 PM
My dog Baxter will run into his kennel in the garage when I say bedtime. It can be anytime of day too.

gkristian
04-12-2005, 05:03 AM
FOXY GOES AND HAS A DRINK OF WATER ON COMMAND. I JUST STARTED SAYING HAVE A DRINK EVERY TIME WE WERE AT DOG TRAINING BECAUSE HE DESEN;T LIKE DRINKING WATER WHEN ANOTHER DOG HAS HAD SOME.
I DIDN'T EVEN MEAN TO TEACH HIM THIS BUT IT'S STRANGE WHAT DOGS LEARN

Glacier
04-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Pingo, one of my main lead dogs, has her very own command. She's a trail dog at heart. She takes commands, but she really loves to decide which way the team will go on her own. Somedays when I don't care about where we are going, when we come to a fork in the trail, I tell her "Pingo Pick a Trail". She gets to decide which way we go. It's kinda fun. Usually she picks a trail she is familiar with, but we've been to some new places because of Pingo.

Honey_28
04-15-2005, 08:39 PM
I foster a lot of puppies and our Husky Mix Deogee has appointed himself as "the babysitter" of all the babies. If I say "Deogee, where's the babies" he'll go look for them and whine when he finds them, if I say "Go get the babies" he'll go find them and bring them back to me. It's really nice and makes my job easier :D.

jennifert9
04-15-2005, 08:50 PM
WOW! These tricks everyone's dog's know are great!! How fun to hear about them and how they picked them up!
Duncan doesn't really do any fancy tricks...He does lots of little things...I guess the best one would be "wait" When he is off leash and gets too far away for my comfort while we are walking, I say "wait" and he turns around and stands still until I get to about 5 feet away and then he'll continue on! It works on leash too but then he is only 6 feet away to begin with :D
Oh I just thought of another one...I taught him to sit at all street crossings. So now, he won't cross a street until he sits. Even a side road with no traffic. Of course, he is always on leash in those areas anyway but....if he sees concrete, he sits until I say, "OK" and then off we go! :D

Keep 'em coming, I love hearing them!

Bigyummydog
04-19-2005, 03:26 PM
when MAXIMUS was younger, he knew that when i had a bag and the poo scoop, i was about to do "the poo hunt", he used to help me...it was almost always in the same area...if i missed some he would stand next to it and look at me as if to say "um, look babs, you missed some"...but he stopped when he was about a year and a half or so...i don't know why...now, he'll go out with me and lay in the grass and watch...as if that's not his job anymore...maybe it's teenager thing :confused:

cloverfdx
04-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Elvis has learnt a new trick and it is great :D. I ask "Are you a wolf" and he replys with a howl, his head goes back and he lets fly. It is very impressive.

Who
04-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Both my dogs will Relieve when I say "Get Busy" Also I tell them to go to bed and my pet dog (Kadesh) goes and jumps on my bed and My guide dog in training (Diiga) goes into her crate. If I think of anymore I'll tell you

k9krazee
04-24-2005, 12:50 PM
We adopted a 4 yr old black tri Aussie from a rescue in October, sadly he tried to eat our cats and bit my dad in the face numerous times and so we had to give him back after only having him for a month :(...but while he was here he learned many tricks, my favorite was i would ask him "Do you bite?" and he would shake his head no...too cute

Peppy
04-24-2005, 10:00 PM
The only tricks Peppy knows are Sit, Lie Down, Crouch (where his front end is down and his back end is up), and Jump (he just jumps up on his hind legs and goes back down). I'm working on Stay. And he only does them if he knows I have a treat in my hand.

Who
04-24-2005, 10:58 PM
These aren't strange or anything but both my dogs will drop whatever they have in there mouth when I say "Drop It" and when I say "Leave It" they will not pick up or will stop sniffing what they were checking out.

k9krazee
04-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Last night I decided that I wanted to teach Jack (my 4 month old pup) something new. He learned how to BANG in about 5 minutes and he dies very dramatically and ends up on his back, its really cute also I taught him to "sit up" and when he is like that I tell him to "be a horsie" and he will wave his paws around in the air!

He already knows how to weave through my legs, spin, bow, rollover, back up, high 5/10, leave it, circle around me, the basics and can do 12 agility weave poles perfectly!

He is one smart cookie and he has only been living with me for just under 2 months! I am still working on getting him to limp on command.

jesse_3
05-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Jesse knows highfive, and since she's a three-legger, she isn't supposed to stand on more than one leg. Whenever she does, I tell her to "sit nice" and she will sit with her paws still on your legs. We are now working on "sit pretty!"

beeniesmom
05-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Beenie pees and poops on command.... i know, it's very strange.

animal_rescue
05-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Maggie knows
Sit
Shake
Other Paw
Lay Down
Play Dead
Roll Over
Open The Door
Leave It
Stand Up

Alex knows
dance
spin
walk
he does it all on his hind legs

Marty knows
Nice Dog
Cujo
Sit

kimboe
05-26-2005, 04:38 AM
Cool tricks everyone! Camen knows abit :
sit,
stay,
dance,
shake a paw,
lie down,
speak,
go pee,
drink some water,
around(when he circles me on the leash),
jump,
drop it,
fetch,
Where your toy?,

and i think that it other than not taking off when off the leash, I 'm working now on him to hold a back pack for hiking.

sandragonfly
05-31-2005, 05:47 PM
neat tricks, everyone!! ..nooo time for me to train my little lovely goldie all that! :eek: :D

this is the best one so far of my dear...

any guests/friends (..only doing at my home) :D say.. (Where's)"Gina??"

*yippps! runs!* *pushing his nose on my leg...* *gina! come on over there!!*

he has to understand that so people don't have to walk upstairs..and down...looking around for me, they can't call my name because I can not hear. I love my dog! :) :)

sumbirdy
06-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Tiny can "pray". I tell him to put his paws on a chair and then to pray and he puts his head down. Very impressive.

Mazie
06-01-2005, 09:36 PM
My smaller dog, Speak, fits completely under our couch when he lays on his belly. He will often wiggle under there to retrieve a ball or toy. I started calling it "hiding" and now we play "hide and seek" I can tell him "go hide" and he will wiggle under the couch with only his nose poking out. I'll wait a minute and then yell "found you!" and he comes running out to get the treat I usually have for him.

Our other dog, Mazie is just a puppy, but she has a favorite stuffed bear (it's about the size of a beanie baby) and she hides it all over the house. She shoves it on the book shelf, behind furniture, in the laundry basket, and the other day, I caught her trying to hide it in the VCR! Silly puppy.