PDA

View Full Version : Delicate question about male dogs...hehe

caseysmom
03-08-2005, 10:24 AM
I have a question about male dogs, haven't had one since I was a child. My question is about my 4 month old puppy Bubba. He has not got his testicals yet although the vet said they are descended, he can feel them, they just haven't really formed yet. On his penis about 3/4 of the way down sometimes it gets a hard knot???? I am worred this is something wrong, I will ask the vet he has an appt for a rabies shot today.

Has anyone else noticed this on their male dogs??

cali
03-08-2005, 10:43 AM
lol I always wondered what it was but Ripley and Blair get the same thing.

caseysmom
03-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Oh good...I mentioned it to a friend at work and she got me worried that it was a problem.

aly
03-08-2005, 10:56 AM
:o I think the knot is normal. I've seen it happen on numerous dogs before. Reece even got it a few times (and he's neutered). I had asked someone before and she said it was normal. She didn't really explain exactly what it was to me though. :o

And its okay that the testicles aren't formed yet. As long as they are descended, he can be neutered and everything.

LuvGold00
03-08-2005, 11:14 AM
It's normal, mostly happens when they are happy or playing. They just get excited. ;)

caseysmom
03-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Poor guy ....bubba is my 14 year old daughters baby...but she is kinda noisy about his parts...hehe...

Smilla
03-08-2005, 01:31 PM
I worried about some hard knots below Lefty's penis, and micki76 helped me out quite a bit with research. I wonder if you're seeing the same thing? See this thread:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53616&highlight=penis

(Lovely URL! :eek: )

bckrazy
03-08-2005, 01:50 PM
LOL.. yeah, that is just the "knot". My aunt told me its used for breeding, to lock in to the females. eeww. But, anyway, its completely normal for non-altered and altered boys.

LeahMM
03-08-2005, 01:55 PM
My boys have knots too. They seem to get bigger when they have to go potty.

caseysmom
03-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy
LOL.. yeah, that is just the "knot". My aunt told me its used for breeding, to lock in to the females. eeww. But, anyway, its completely normal for non-altered and altered boys.

Hey you should have seen my daughters face when we were doing this "exam" and the red thing came out....rmao! my youngest said "I think I am going to puke" my oldest thought he was hurt....it was pretty funny.

KYS
03-08-2005, 05:38 PM
caseysmom:Hey you should have seen my daughters face when we were doing this "exam" and the red thing came out....rmao! >>>>>>>>>

You should have seen my face. hehehe
ROcky is my first male dog.
We call it lipstick. ;)

Rocky's testicles never fully decended when he was
a pup before he was neutured.

sammy101
03-08-2005, 08:23 PM
lol im sorry but im having a good laugh about this thread:eek: :D :o :o

micki76
03-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Smilla
I worried about some hard knots below Lefty's penis, and micki76 helped me out quite a bit with research. I wonder if you're seeing the same thing? See this thread:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53616&highlight=penis

(Lovely URL! :eek: )

I was just about to go search for this thread. :)

LMAO at how the link is showing up! :D :o

Vette
03-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Kirby does the same thing and ive always been too embarrased to ask the vet about it. :o

caseysmom
03-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Well I just got back from the vet...I have no shame...I asked the female tech about this...she said that is how they "lock" when they are ummmm....making babies....anyhow...it is normal.

Puts a whole new light on the term "lip lock" ...sorry I couldn't resist....hehe...

Giselle
03-09-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by LeahMM
My boys have knots too. They seem to get bigger when they have to go potty.

Hey, I've noticed that, too! Lucky loves having his tummy rubbed, so whenever I see a "big bulge" I take him outside and he pees immediately.:o :p Thank God for Gissie!

Smilla
03-10-2005, 05:43 AM
Lefty's "lipstick" only makes an appearance when he's anxious, or sometimes when he's pooping. I'd never had a male dog before, but knew I'd have to put up with occasionally seeing that when I got him. :)

anna_66
03-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Ok, I can't help post to this thread:o

Angus was never much one for showing his "lipstick", but Bon...OMG! He's getting a little bit better now, but before it didn't matter what he was doing..it was always out:eek:

RobiLee
03-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Ok, I can't help post to this thread:o

Angus was never much one for showing his "lipstick", but Bon...OMG! He's getting a little bit better now, but before it didn't matter what he was doing..it was always out:eek:

I was waiting for you to post.....lol.;) :p

This thread has me laughing! Too funny!

Robin :)