PDA

View Full Version : I don't hate anyone!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-08-2005, 08:47 AM
I just read an article in my paper that really has me upset.

I think everyone here knows that I am a christian.. and I try and live according to the Bible.

I am really stepping out of my comfort zone by posting this here.. because I usually try and stay out of confrontational threads all together.

I am sooooooo tired of people saying that christians "hate" gay people..... and that the bible tells us not to hate.

REAL christians KNOW that!!!

It seems the media... and people don't want to put out there .. that there are some people who call themselves christians who really aren't.

Of course the bible tells us to love everyone... it tells us to love our enemy!!! Who would that be??!?!? Osama Bin Ladan, coworkers, neighbors.

But why aren't people lining the streets in pickit lines and writing articles preaching to christians to love our enemy?? Are they o.k. with that????

How is it that all God fearing, Bible believeing people are crammed in the same group as ones that hate gay people. (i don't deny that they aren't there)

The poor child (it stated she was a middle schooler) wrote in her article "You say, "Well, God said that gay people can't be together, they won't go to heaven." But did he? No. He only left behind 10 laws. We know them as the Ten Commandments. "

Who told her that??? This poor baby is preaching from a book she has never read!! Whoever told her that has OBVIOUSLY never read it either.!!!

Just because one does not condone ones lifestyle doesn't mean we are hateful or judgemental...

I dissagree with my friend's lifestyle... who lives with her boyfriend and are not married.. does that mean i hate her and am judging her?? No. And no one would make that assumption... because she is not gay.

It just breaks my heart that this child feels so strongly about this to write this article... Why does she only belive that people who belive in God hate gay people??? Is that what she is being taught?

I HOPE that she grows up to learn the truth! That there are God fearing people out there who loves everyone... we may not agree with their lifestyle but we love them.

and to cheer myself up.... :D

I love the LORD... I am proud that I believe in Him and the Bible!
I am excited about his second coming... and even more excited to watch the Bible prophecies come to pass right before my eyes.. it totally increases my faith. God is good, merciful, and forgiving.. if it wasn't true I wouldn't be here today!!!

Below is the article I read... I know before have had civil discussions.. so please don't let this get heated

and I [b]do not[b/] mean to insult anyone or hurt anyone's feelings..

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/opinion/0305/08ednewatt.html

cali
03-08-2005, 10:56 AM
I can understand exactly where she got that idea from. my CE teacher is ordained and used to be a preacher he is now my school chaplin, last semester he got in a LOT and I mean a LOT of trouble for looking down an a gay student in his class, giving him dirty looks and otherwise treating him differntly from the rest of the class, he would say gays are bad and will go to hell and look straight at the gay student when saying this etc.. now this semester he has to be extra nice, and all of a sudden constantly repeating that it does not say anywhere in the bible that gays are bad, you can tell he his holding himself back as he says this lol he also got in trouble for pushing his religion on the students, I go to a multi-cultural school we have people who are not religous we have people who are buddest, and hindu and islam, people from different demoniations of christian etc.. and he has gone as far as telling a catholic girl that her bible is wronge. when you get these things from a person who is ordained obviously people are going to get that idea.

RICHARD
03-08-2005, 11:22 AM
The problem with PEOPLE is that they brain wash their kids.

When people openly spew the kind of hate that polarizes the rest of the planet, I don't even bother to listen.

Why bother with them?

They'll grow up bombing buildings, blowing themselves up or flying airplanes into buildings.

Their hate consumes them and it's best to treat them with kindness and humor.

They don't know any better.:confused:
-----------------------------------------------

I was watching a program where some gal that was running for office in Topeka, KS. was doing a news show.

She was so fricking immature while she was being interviewed. I think it was Geraldo who did the interview..He asked her why she was walking around with signs that said something like "no rights for fags".

I really hate stupid people.

Let me clarify that statement.

I really dislike stupid people that openly display their stupidity.

Wait a second....

I really dislike stupid people who insist on openly displaying their stupidity and instill it into their poor children...

There.....

:rolleyes:

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-08-2005, 11:43 AM
The thing that really burns me is that the title of her article is

"Gay parents set a loving example for children"

I can only assume that her parents are teaching her this.. they really need to set a better example...

If they are teaching her this.. they really are brain washing her! :(

Pit Chick
03-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I really dislike stupid people who insist on openly displaying their stupidity and instill it into their poor children...

Amen.

And stupidity doesn't descriminate either, it comes in all colors, races, religions, sexes, ages. Stupidity is very versitile.

Maresche
03-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Reminds me of my favorite bumper sticker:

"Too bad closed minds don't come with closed mouths"

Luvin Labs
03-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
"Gay parents set a loving example for children"

I believe that...

I know gay people who have shown more love and affection and understanding and openmindedness to children than that childs own heterosexual mother gives to her own child! (andrea yates, susan smith, those heterosexual names ring a bell?) They show that, because someone is 'different' does not mean that they should be hated and discriminated.

I KNOW there are people who believe in god that do not hate gays, and are friends with them. I have NO problem with them since they don't get into people's faces with their beliefs and accusations. They realize that there are other beliefs and gods and interpretations out there, and I love them for it.

I also KNOW that there are people who believe in god that DO that crap, and I hate them. Sorry if that offends, but people have NO right to tell people they can't love someone because their bible says its wrong. Not everyone believes in their god, or their bible, or their interpretations of the bible. Those who are shoving it into people's faces, IMO, are the reasons why people are shoving their orientation into their/our faces.

I am one of those children who were adopted by two gay men. They are the best family I've ever had. And they love.

They don't care that I'm black and they're white, they don't care that I look, sound or am different. They love. And who could understand that more than a child who had never been loved, and is finally loved by people whom other people hate?

That sounds like an awesome success story. I hope to hear more of them, from homosexual couples to heterosexual couples.

The poor child (it stated she was a middle schooler) wrote in her article "You say, "Well, God said that gay people can't be together, they won't go to heaven." But did he? No. He only left behind 10 laws. We know them as the Ten Commandments. "

Who told her that??? This poor baby is preaching from a book she has never read!! Whoever told her that has OBVIOUSLY never read it either.!!!

How do you KNOW she hasn't read the bible? I've known lots of people that pick and choose what to believe in the bible, and I also know people who say they believe in the bible 100% but have never read it!... Perhaps she HAS read the bible... that article does not confirm or deny that though so we can only speculate...

And, I don't think she is cramming everyone who believes in god into her article, just the ones who hate gays... She is not blasting people who believe in the bible, she is blasting people who put their nose into things that frankly are none of their business (i.e. orientation).

**sorry if i offend, I do not mean this post as an attack in any way shape or form, just a vent about the topic :)

sorry bout the long rant, but Had to get it offa my chest :)

Uabassoon
03-08-2005, 06:55 PM
I can understand where the girl is coming from. She's angry and hurt because the media is telling her that her family is wrong and her parents don't deserve the right to be married. This isn't pointed at every Christian, just those who inflict their religion on others. All you have to do is watch the news and you'll hear people saying gay marriage is wrong because according to the bible marriage is between a man and a woman. It's not her parents that are brainwashing her, she's just a kid trying to deal with her emotions.

aly
03-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I can understand where the girl is coming from. She's angry and hurt because the media is telling her that her family is wrong and her parents don't deserve the right to be married. This isn't pointed at every Christian, just those who inflict their religion on others. All you have to do is watch the news and you'll hear people saying gay marriage is wrong because according to the bible marriage is between a man and a woman. It's not her parents that are brainwashing her, she's just a kid trying to deal with her emotions.

I totally agree.

Gay parents CAN set a loving example without "brainwashing" their child. Intolerance and discrimination towards gays is probably more openly displayed than a lot of other discriminations. A lot of people aren't afraid to publicly say they are against homosexuality. A lot of those people also use religious reasons. The child has probably seen this with her own eyes, especially in the last election.

I didn't read the article because I don't want to sign up.

lady_zana
03-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Luvin Labs

I know gay people who have shown more love and affection and understanding and openmindedness to children than that childs own heterosexual mother gives to her own child! (andrea yates, susan smith, those heterosexual names ring a bell?)

I agree with you about Susan Smith but Andrea Yates has severe depression. She had been in mental hospital various times and on several medicines that were not working as they should. She was a sick woman who doesn't deserve to be in prison but in a mental home where she can get some help.

Both my husband and I have many gay friends and several that I would do anything for, all they have to do is ask. He wasn't raised in a church; I was raised Roman Catholic. A fight we have a lot is about what Christian people believe...that they hate gays, that they all believe the Bible word for word, that they all believe that Harry Potter is evil. As you know, and as I've told my husband over and over...not all believe that. The problem is, it's the *loudest* ones who do and they make everyone look silly.

I have been doing a project for one of my college classes, Gender in Cross-Cultural Perspective. In this project, I have had to look at issues such as gay marriage, abortion, etc. I have to find a pro site and an anti site for each. I've ran across many 'Christian' sites who scream their hate messages loudly. Many of my friends would say they are Christian if you asked but NONE of they would agreed with what these sites say. It's just that they are so many and so loud! And the internet, of course, is where most of us learn, today, about things we don't understand.

I did run across one site that I loved, though. It was made by a Christian minister and he said this about those sites....REAL Christians are out helping the poor, feeding the hungry and not making silly webpages!

Cataholic
03-09-2005, 07:04 PM
SLHT- Why can't gay parents set a loving example for their children?

I am a single parent. Are you suggesting I can't set a good example for my son? :eek:

IRescue452
03-11-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry but Christians control some 90% of all hate groups. Its true that most xions hate with closed minds. I go to a UCC college, Lakeland is one of the most liberal Christian schools ever in exsistence and they still have an underlying sense of hate toward others. They can't detect it, but even when they show pride in being liberal, they are just showing off. There is always a sense of hate when the Christans there are talking about "different" people. Its a Christian phenomena.

Pit Chick
03-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by lady_zana
but Andrea Yates has severe depression. She had been in mental hospital various times and on several medicines that were not working as they should. She was a sick woman who doesn't deserve to be in prison but in a mental home where she can get some help.

And yet she kept having kids. :confused: Depression isn't an excuse to kill your babies one by one. People who are depressed still comprehend right from wrong. If I was "temporarily insane" when I killed my kids and then snapped back into reality to see what I had done, I wouldn't want to live. Why would someone who suffered from such severe post pardom(sp?) depression after the first couple of kids, in and out of mental hospitals and on serveral medications want to keep having kids? If she wasn't mentaly capable of caring for herself then she shouldn't have been allowed to continue having kids. No, she doesn't deserve to be put in prison, she deserves to be put under the prison. What kind of help could she get from a mental hospital that apparently didn't help her before she killed her kids?

Lady's Human
03-11-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm sorry but Christians control some 90% of all hate groups

Care to back that up with some statistics? There are hate groups that come out of any piece of society. Someone calling themselves a Christian does not make it so. I can call myself anything, but unless I can back it up with actions, is it the truth?

I've had classes on hate groups many times, and never in any close examination of the facts can a so called "Christian" hate group back up the title with action. Church of the Creator, ET Al are nothing more than a cloak for hatred of one form or another.

LKPike
03-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Just another point about "gay hate": There was an article in The Tennessean (newspaper) in Febuary:

"2. State may not let gays adopt kids in its care
February 20, 2005 •• 1613 words •• ID: nsh2005022308140106
Legislation also would prohibit gay foster parents By BONNA de la CRUZ Staff Writer Tennessee could join two other states that choose no parent over a gay parent.. Proposals by two Middle Tennessee lawmakers would forbid gays and lesbians from adopting or becoming foster parents to the thousands of children in state custody awaiting a family. They say children need to be in traditional homes with a mother and father, the only recognized partnership in Tennessee. Gay parents could"

Unfortunatly it wont give me the whole story because I'm not a "member" but basicly it said some idiots with too much power want to pass laws so that more and more children can just rott away, never having a fair chance at a happy life with a parent or parentS, who could of loved them but because theyre Gay....

Why does it matter what a person does privately? Its still a person, if they want to help save a life, whats the problem?

Uabassoon
03-12-2005, 12:18 PM
LKPike, that's so sad. I'm sure there are thousands of kids out there that just want a family. They don't care if it's "traditional" or non traditional, they just want to be loved and be a part of a family. Kids can be happy with just a mom, or just a dad, or two dads. Mom + Dad does not always equal happy.

Samantha Puppy
03-13-2005, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by IRescue452
I'm sorry but Christians control some 90% of all hate groups. I would like to see some documentation on where you got that number.

Thanks.

dukedogsmom
03-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by LKPike
Just another point about "gay hate": There was an article in The Tennessean (newspaper) in Febuary:

"2. State may not let gays adopt kids in its care
February 20, 2005 •• 1613 words •• ID: nsh2005022308140106
Legislation also would prohibit gay foster parents By BONNA de la CRUZ Staff Writer Tennessee could join two other states that choose no parent over a gay parent.. Proposals by two Middle Tennessee lawmakers would forbid gays and lesbians from adopting or becoming foster parents to the thousands of children in state custody awaiting a family. They say children need to be in traditional homes with a mother and father, the only recognized partnership in Tennessee. Gay parents could"

Yeah, traditional homes like a lot I hear about while I'm at work where the wife/girlfriend gets battered all the time. I can't believe that they choose to let kids remain homeless. That is horrible.

CathyBogart
03-14-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
I would like to see some documentation on where you got that number.

Thanks.

Ah, but don't you know that 82% of all statistics are made up on the spot? ^_- I gotta agree though: saying things like that without backing them up with evidence is a bad bad thing.

This is the reason I agreed to one day either donate an egg or surrogate for a gay couple I am friends with. They will make wonderful parents.

Luvin Labs
03-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
I would like to see some documentation on where you got that number.

Thanks.

I'd like to see documentation as well... though frankly I agree.

Anti abortion groups usually seem to have a religious background.

Anti gay groups... same here....

Anti atheism groups (or pagan, etc)... same here though I dunno specifically of any, but the fanatically fundamentalist...

I look at all the anti groups and behind them I usually see religion...

I'm not saying everyone that is religious hates, not at all. Its those who think they are the only religion and they are the only 'true' people out there that hates and fears. I'm SO GLAD that not every religious person hates the way they do....

Like someone here said, "love thy neighbor as thyself"... not a lot of people get that verse...

IRescue452
03-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Ok its more like 76% confirmed have a christian basis and many are unconfirmed, keep in mind that the kkk has a christian basis as well as neo-nazis, also that by christian I mean christianity in general which includes protestantism, presbyterianism, lutheran, and all of the rest of the christian denomianations. I could have included all abrahamic religions, but I think christians are the worst. And I don't mean to say that you yourself are hateful as many many christians are not, but in general christians make up a lot of hate groups.
http://www.cvtc-slr.org/survivors_factsheet_31.html

Cataholic
03-16-2005, 08:22 AM
I haven't seen the statistics, and have little faith in them anyhow, since they are so easilly manipulated.

However, from personal experience, it seems like more MEN are against abortion and same sex marriages then women- a situation I always found odd.

Pit Chick
03-16-2005, 08:26 AM
I once saw this t-shirt that said:

"I don't descriminate, I hate everyone"

:p

Cataholic
03-16-2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
I once saw this t-shirt that said:

"I don't descriminate, I hate everyone"

That is funny. Reminds me of the t-shirt that said something about not needing to claim PMS as an excuse for being *itchy, that the wearer was *itchy everyday! Now, there is a t-shirt for ME!!

Edwina's Secretary
03-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Cataholic....

it seems like more MEN are against abortion

I agree and am always baffled by this. But perhaps it is explained in a feminist rallying cry from the 70's...

If men could get pregnant...abortion would be a sacrament!