PDA

View Full Version : Asking for PT Prayers for Kelly please

slick
03-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I just now received a phone call at work from Kelly (Noah's Mom). She has been in the hospital since last Thursday. She had a real bad attack this time and the doctors have her on some special meds. She has spoken to some people who have taken the new meds and it has worked wonders so she's optimistic about that. I asked her when she's getting out and she said she didn't know.

Can we please start some major PT prayers?? She needs to feel those healing vibes from around the world. Thanks.

GraciesMommy
03-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Hope the meds work for her...prayers going up now~

AbbyMom
03-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Major prayers for Kelly on the way!

shutterbug0303
03-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Prayers coming for Kelly...my family has dealt personally with either exactly what she is suffering from, or a close "relative" of it. I understand the pain and trouble...

Wishing and praying for a healthy return and that the meds are going to work wonders for you Kelly!

jazzcat
03-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Prayers on the way.

Slick - I'm sure there are several on Cat General who would want to know but may not visit this board.

popcornbird
03-07-2005, 08:35 PM
:( I'll be praying for Kelly, and hoping she recovers and feels better soon.

Hurry up and get well Kelly!

Logan
03-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Absolutely!!! Kelly will be in my prayers, Slick. Thank you for letting us know.

Logan

Uabassoon
03-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Thank you so much for updating us. I'll be sending lots of prayers that Kelly is better soon.

Cinder & Smoke
03-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Hi God ~

Need sum Help down here -
Miz Kelly iz inna Hoppsbittel an testin out
sum New Meds...

God - Paleeze make da Meds werk -
an get her Feelin GUD so she can come home.

We're gonna lite up da Prayer Kandils tonite;
an send sum Purrayers at bed tyme.

Thannks, God.

/s/ the Prayer Pups

micki76
03-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Slick, thanks for letting us all know. I'll keep Kelly in my thoughts. If you talk to her again, tell her to hang in there!

Fingers crossed that the new meds will work!

chocolatepuppy
03-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Prayers headed Kellys way.

sammy101
03-07-2005, 09:01 PM
prayers on the way:( Hope you get better soon,Kelly!!

may i ask,what is she suffering from?Anyone can PM

Cincy'sMom
03-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Hope the meds work for you, Kelly! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Soapets
03-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Thoughts and prayers being lifted up for Kelly from Nebraska......

BitsyNaceyDog
03-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Thoughts and prayers for Kelly.

Dogz
03-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Prayers and best wishes on the way.

slick
03-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by sammy101
may i ask,what is she suffering from?Anyone can PM
She has posted before that she has Crohn's Disease and the stress she's under right now aggravates it and sometimes she's in unbearable pain.

Kfamr
03-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Kelly, I'll be thinking of you... :(

rg_girlca
03-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for you Kelly that the new medications works for you.

shais_mom
03-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Hugs and kisses to Kelly!!!

catnapper
03-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Ooodles of hugs and prayers on their way to one very special memeber of PT. We miss you and want you to get healthy!!!

zippy-kat
03-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Hugs and best wishes, Kelly!

Call me if you need me.

Oggyflute
03-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Thoughts and best wishes to you Kelly. Get well soon mate.

wolf_Q
03-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Kelly you are in my thoughts. I hope you'll be feeeling better soon!

AmberLee
03-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Adding my prayers. Thanks for the head's up, Slick!

wolfsoul
03-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Prayers on the way!

Corinna
03-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Prayers winging there way from here. Slick you can tell Kelly it's going to work the 2 prayer dogs and their apprentace are on the job.

Barbara
03-08-2005, 03:27 AM
All my best thoughts on my way for you, Kelly:)
I already missed Noah and Noel among the N kitties:)

ChrisH
03-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for 'our' Kelly.
Hope you are feeling better real soon sweetheart.

{{{big, big, hugs}}}

Chris

sirrahbed
03-08-2005, 09:02 AM
I have said a prayer for Kelly and will continue to pray as I think about it. Kelly is a real sweetheart and my friend. Thank you, slick - for letting us know!! Please tell her we love her - OK?

gini
03-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Thank goodness I saw this thread. Slick, thank you.

Kelly's disease is very painful and upsetting. I have a friend who has the same condition as Kelly. I know that he is on a fairly new medication that he says "has changed my life". All I can hope is that the Doctors will be putting Kelly on this medication or something similar.

Slick and I have been fortunate enough to meet Kelly and let me tell you - she is the dearest person - so giving and loving. It just hurts to think she is in so much pain.

My prayers will be added with everyone elses, and let's hope we are hearing from her again real soon and that she is feeling much better.

We love you Kelly!!

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2005, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry to ear that Kelly has had such a bad recurrence. I'll be thinking of her.

slick
03-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Today at lunch I'm going to take some time for "investigatin" and maybe I can track her down. I didn't think to ask her what hospital she's in. :o

Thanks for all the prayers.

she is the dearest person - so giving and loving.
This doesn't even begin to describe her. For those of you attending this year's BBQ, you'll know what I mean when you meet her.

ramanth
03-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Many prayers and healing vibes for Kelly sent.

lbaker
03-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Dearest Kelly, our very special friend - you have our love, our support and our OH SO SPECIAL Pet Talk prayers surrounding you right now, feel it? Prayer candles in the window as soon as I get home this evening.

tatsxxx11
03-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Kelly has always been so kind and caring to me in times of need over the years and I'm heartbroken to hear she's been hospitalized and in such pain:( I will be thinking of her and praying for a swift and complete recovery! Love and hugs to you dear friend! Sandra

aly
03-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Oh my god, I was just trying to track Kelly down because I hadn't heard from her lately :( :(

Kelly, so many prayers are coming from me to you. You are the sweetest, kindest, most geniuine person I know and I am so upset that you're not feeling well. I so wish I could be there and come visit you, and maybe even smuggle a kitty in to visit you. I know you must miss your babies dearly. I would take all your pain away and give it to myself if I could :(

I can't wait until you come home. Feel better soon ((((HUGS))))

Edwina's Secretary
03-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Kelly....best wishes for a speedy recovery! I have a good friend who lives successfully with Crohn's so it can be done! Hope you find the right regiment soon!

krazyaboutkatz
03-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick again and back in the hospital.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I sure hope that the new meds will be able to help you and that you feel better soon. Please take care. {{{{HUGS}}}}

catcrazylady
03-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Oh No! Poor Kelly!:( You truly are one of the kindest and sweetest souls. Prayers are on the way for a quick recovery and I will be praying with all my heart that the doctors find just the right combination of medications to keep you happy, healthy, and pain free.
{{{HUGS}}} and prayers are on the way!

PJ's Mom
03-08-2005, 01:43 PM
We have fingers and paws crossed for your speedy recovery. Get well soon! :)

RICHARD
03-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Prayers needed?
Prayers sent.

----------------------

O.k., Enough of this everyone.....

From now on 2005 is gonna be a good year.....no more of this whitecoats stuff!!!!

slick
03-08-2005, 02:11 PM
I have the name and address and phone number of hospital where she's at. If you are interested, just PM me.

moosmom
03-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Hghest prayers and thoughts coming from Michigan. Hang in there Kel, you're strong and I know you'll putt through this.

((((hugs))))

wolflady
03-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks for getting this thread up Slick! I was very worried about Kelly because I haven't been able to get ahold of her for several days.

I finally connected with her today. She's still in the hospital but she sounds like she's doing better. She said that today is the first day she has been able to eat something, so that is good. She's hoping to get out by tomorrow or Thursday, depending on how her pain is doing.

Lots of prayers on the way for Kelly! I hope you feel better soon and can go home!

**hugs**
Karen

slick
03-08-2005, 02:52 PM
http://www.losrobleshospital.com/PatEmail.asp

This is where you can send Kelly an email.

Name....Kelly Cotte
Room....325B

It works the same as when David was in hopsital last year. Messages will be printed out and delivered.

:)

gini
03-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Slick, thanks for posting this...........I sent her a message.

And Karen and Slick, thanks for the updates on Kelly!!

wolflady
03-08-2005, 03:55 PM
How neat! I'm writing her an email right now. I know she'll really enjoy getting emails from everyone.
**hugs**
Karen

catcrazylady
03-08-2005, 03:57 PM
This is so cool! What a neat way to send her a quick message!
Thanks so much Slick!!!

K9soul
03-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Heartfelt prayers on the way for Kelly. I hope she'll be able to come home soon, I know being home and with the furkids will be some of the best medicine too. Thanks Slick for letting us know.

jenluckenbach
03-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Prayers for Kelly. And Slick, thanks for the opportunity to contact her.

QueenScoopalot
03-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Prayers and good thoughts heading your way Kelly! Sure hope the new meds get you stabilized, and back home with your furfamily!

ChrisH
03-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Slick, thanks for the hospital link, and (belated) thanks for letting us know about Kelly being sick in the first place.

Kfamr
03-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Anyone have any news on how she's doing?

luckies4me
03-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Kelly, I hope you start feeling better soon and the new meds work wonders for you! We'll miss you while you're gone. :)

Cataholic
03-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Prayers for sweet Kelly!

slick
03-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Anyone have any news on how she's doing?
I'm going to call her in a couple of hours when I get off work and let you know. Meanwhile, check out Karen's (Wolflady) post. She has spoken with her today.

dukedogsmom
03-08-2005, 06:51 PM
I just sent her an email. That's a really nice service! I hope she's doing better.

wolflady
03-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Kelly wanted me to thank you all so much for the nice emails. She was really surprised when the nurse brought them to her room. They also included a stuffed calico kitty, which was really sweet:) Kelly said she just felt so much better when the emails and the stuffed kitty arrived:)

Let's all send some healing prayers for her pain, because that is what she is struggling with the most right now, and PT prayers can be a powerful thing! :)

Also, on a sad note, please send some prayers for dear Livvy. She's not doing well, and I believe her vet friend is going to help her along to the rainbow bridge tonight. Prayers for a painless journey for Livvy and to Kelly and David to the loss of one of their dear furries.

Much love,
Karen

jenluckenbach
03-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh no....poor Livvy. :( And Kelly away in the hospital. That has to be SO extra hard.

slick
03-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Karen, hon, thanks for the uppydate. I'm so saddened by the news of little Livvy and was so hoping that she could hold on until Kelly could be there with her. :( :(

This is going to tear Kelly's heart in two and I wish there was something I could do.....I just feel so helpless. I'm still going to try to call her in about 30 min. By that time, supper should be over and maybe we can talk a bit.

Russian Blue
03-08-2005, 07:38 PM
I'm so sorry to read this! :( And poor Livvy! :(

Sending many healing vibes your way Kelly....for your health and your heart.

(((( Hugs ))))

catcrazylady
03-08-2005, 08:10 PM
:( :( :(
I'm so heart broken to hear about Livvy. I know it must be so hard for Kelly to be sick and in the hospital now with Livvy being so sick. I know she really trusts her vet friend so hopefully that will offer some comfort to Kelly.
I don't know if my prayers for them can get any bigger but I'm sure gonna try.

slick
03-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Just got off the phone with Kelly.....Livvy has made the trip to the RB. :( :( I'll post more when I get home from work. I'm crying too hard to see the keys.....

Edit: now I'm home and finally calmed down a bit. My conversation with Kelly was almost an hour long. She's in good spirits but still in pain and she can't go home until the pain has subsided.

I find it hard to believe how upbeat and positive she is. Picture youself lying in a hospital bed, in great pain and knowing one of your kitties will make the trip to the RB. I would be a basket case...but not our sweet Kelly. She knows that she has to think the best in order to recover and go home. She has been preparing for Livvy's passing for some time now and she is at peace with the decision to let her go.

Also in addition to what Karen said...Kelly says.....
Your emails couldn't have come at a better time and they have made me feel so much better. I can feel the love and prayers coming from all the Pet Talkers and I'm going to re-read all your messages any time I'm feeling down. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

So there you have it. It seems that our thoughts and prayers are getting through....but then again....was there any doubt?? :)

Edit again: One other thing. If any of you are planning on calling her at the hospital, she said the best time is afternoon or early evening. The mornings are filled with doctor's visits, shift changes, tests, etc. Thanks.

shais_mom
03-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Thanks Slick for getting the hospital site and Karen and Slick for the updates. She has been on my mind.
RIP Livvy.
I can't imagine.

zippy-kat
03-09-2005, 08:04 AM
We had storms all last night so I wasn't able to check up on Kelly or Livvy. I'm saddened to learn of Livvy's passing and even more upset to know Kelly's still in pain and couldn't be with her much loved furkid. :(

Keep those spirits up girl, you'll be in the PINK(!) again in no time!

{{hugs}} dear friend!

NoahsMommy
03-09-2005, 05:20 PM
You guys, thank you. So much.

I'm home, but still on morophine, so I'm unable to type a lot now. Your emails and prayers were better than any drug they could have given me at the hospital. Like I said to slick, they seemed to come at the perfect time.

I'm still unable to think about my dear Livvy. I'll have to hold off on that until I can get well. My house feels so empty and has such a strange, sad feeling. :(

I was welcomed by my furbabies who I missed so dearly. They are all by my side. Noah seems to keep waking up to look into my eyes tomake sure Im still here. They, as are you all,my angels.

Thank you. I'll write more later. I"m happy to be home. I'm still in pain, but can finally eat and am hoping and praying that the meds I have will be enough to keep me here. If you culd all pray fro that, that would be great.

Love, hugs and thanks,
Kelly

aly
03-09-2005, 05:38 PM
WELCOME HOME KELLY!!!!!!!!!

I am SO excited to see you!

WE LOVE YOU! Get well soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slick
03-09-2005, 05:45 PM
KELLY!!!!! I'm so glad you are home!!! :) :)

Big {{{HUGS}}}. You know where I am if you need me.

PS: How come I can make this pink but not sparkly??

gini
03-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Bless you Kelly! Just take it a minute at a time and be sure to rest and let the kitties do all of the nursing care care for you.

It is so good to know that you are home............

Rascal, Annie and Emma send headbumpers and purrs to you.

jenluckenbach
03-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Welcome home!!!! And prayers are definitely coming your way.

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Kelly,
GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE AT HOME.

I was laughing because I could see the nurse coming to your room every 5 minutes with more emails....:D

Ave me ome Orphinemay for the BQay..;) :confused:

AmberLee
03-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Dear Kelly,

It's so good to have you home finally.

{{{gentle hugs}}}

pitc9
03-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Welcome Home!!
:D

dukedogsmom
03-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Glad that you're home and hope you have a speedy recovery. Don't worry about Livvy. All of our much loved RB pets are there with her, keeping her company until you can meet up again. Hugs and hope you feel better soon.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Glad you made it home, Kelly! Now the true healing can begin with all that kitty love washing over you.

:D :D

Good thoughts and prayers still going out to you that you continue to get better.

tatsxxx11
03-09-2005, 09:02 PM
The best news I've heard in a long time, Kelly's home!:) Hope you got my email before you checked out!:) Be warm and safe and well, surrounded by all that furry love, dear Kelly:) Livvy is looking over you from above, friend. BIG {{{hugs}}} Love, Sandra

jazzcat
03-09-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm so glad to see you are home Kelly. Please take care and get all the rest you need.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

AlleyCat
03-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Kelly, I am so glad to hear you are home. Funny, because I just sent you an e-mail (to the hospital) about 5 minutes ago; I hadn't finished reading all the posts yet. I hope you'll still get them, but if not, oh well .. You were thought of often, especially with having Livvy go to the RB. Take care and feel better soon!

shais_mom
03-09-2005, 11:20 PM
YEEEAAA
Kelly is HOME!!!
HUGS TO you!!

krazyaboutkatz
03-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Kelly, I'm so glad to hear that you're finally home.:D Please take care and get well soon. I'm sure that your furry nurses will help you feel much better too.:) {{{HUGS}}}

wolflady
03-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Yay! That's great news! I'm glad you're home too, Kelly. More prayers are on the way for the meds to work and the pain to subside.
**hugs**
Karen

anna_66
03-10-2005, 12:17 AM
As I'm just seeing this for the first time, I'm sorry to hear you were in the hospital but glad your home now:)
I'm glad your concentrating on getting better, I hope you do feel better soon.
Wish there was something I could say to make you feel better both physically and emotionally. Just know I'm here for you any time.
Love Anna

Tonya
03-10-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. I will be praying for Kelly.

Logan
03-10-2005, 06:37 AM
So glad to hear that you are home, Kelly. Healing in familiar surroundings, with those that love us nearby, sure helps to speed it up, usually, or at least make it more comfortable.

Take care of yourself!!!!

Logan

Barbara
03-10-2005, 06:53 AM
Kelly I'm glad to hear you are home. I wish that all the kitty love (like Micah kisses) helps you quickly to recover:)

davidpizzica
03-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Hi, Kelly! Here are some Pittsburgh prayers that those new meds work wonders! Me, Nikki, and Daisy have fingers and paws crossed!

Rachel
03-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Kelly, I am so sorry to read about the challenges that you are dealing with at this time. Our prayers are for your continued recovery and healing from the pain of your loss of Livvy.

NoahsMommy
03-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Thank you again, guys.

I'm feeling a bit better today, but totally loopy and dizzy from all these pain meds. My furballs are sticking to me likeglue and I love that.

I'll try and update more later. Gini, they did give me Remicaid on Saturday and I go again two weeks from then. I'll have this treatment every two months...for, forever? While in radiology during my 6hour small bowel series, I spoke with another patient who recivied it and she loved it. One of the chemo nurses said its an amazing drug and that I'll feel so much better. I cannot wait.

:) Staying positive

thanks for the love and prayers, I can feel them.'

Love,kelly

ramanth
03-10-2005, 11:33 AM
WELCOME HOME KELLY!!!

I'm glad you're home and I hope the medicines help.

*HUGS*