PDA

View Full Version : One happy thing

Karen
03-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Okay, I haven't started one of these in a while:

Everybody post one happy thing. You can post more than one, but just one per post, and then wait for someone else to post, so we have a variety of happiness to share!

One happy thing:
When Miss Hoppy "hunkers down" when I start petting her - it's the bunny equivalent of a cat arching its back into your stroke ... and it's just so gratifying! Makes me grin every time it happens!

guineapiggie13
03-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Does it have to be pet-related?

If so,
I love it when I bring them out as I clean their cage. They "popcorn" around in their little huts and hideouts I've made or spent money on. It's all worth seeing it, though! :D

I think we all need some more positive things, lately. :)

Suki Wingy
03-07-2005, 08:19 PM
When Niño comes home from a walk panting and then curls up and falls asleep. I know he has had enough exersize for the day.

GraciesMommy
03-07-2005, 08:19 PM
It makes me happy when I take Gracie out to potty and she does and we come back in and she stands at the pantry looking up at me like she is smiling waiting for her tiny treat.

anna_66
03-07-2005, 08:25 PM
The weather the last 2 days has been very warm (windy but warm) and the dogs loved it. They actually got to just "lay" on the back porch and relax. They seemed so happy.

shutterbug0303
03-07-2005, 08:27 PM
My girls are going to have a chance to run in the back yard and play without worry once the fence is up :D

chocolatepuppy
03-07-2005, 08:29 PM
When Mandy has to have a stuffie in her mouth first to greet someone at the door! :D

cloverfdx
03-07-2005, 08:34 PM
When the dogs and i have had a great training session in either Obedience or Flyball and they come home content :D.

Uabassoon
03-07-2005, 08:36 PM
When Corkscrew and Tibby come crawl under the covers with me. It makes me feel happy and loved :)

Logan
03-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Helen got her braces off today, after 25 months!!! :D She is HAPPY!!!!!! I am HAPPY too!!!! :)

joycenalex
03-07-2005, 08:43 PM
when i can hear alex the wonder dog snoring in the dark at the foot of the bed, it makes me very happy

micki76
03-07-2005, 08:44 PM
When I come home (or just come inside from being in the yard) and there are three screaming, jumping, happy terriers there to greet me! :D

Karen
03-07-2005, 08:48 PM
It doesn't have to be pet-related, just happy!

Congratulations, Helen!!!!!!! I still have, somewhere, my "Construction Completed" button from when I got MY braces off!

Seeing Miss Hoppy go nuts at raisin time! Until you've had a bunny almost nose-to-nose with you (demanding her raisins NOW!) you don't really know just how many whiskers they have! (About a bazillion, close estimate - and it tickles - and it does not make getting three raisins out of the bag an easier!)

manda_moo87
03-07-2005, 08:51 PM
When the cats give me kisses, and the bunnies give licks/chin rubs. :)

micki76
03-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Coming home to find the kitchen cleaned, the laundry done, and the yard pooper scooped!

I came home to all this today! :D My husband's GREAT! :D :D :D

lisalee
03-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Every time I touch Sash or say something to him he goes................hmmmm. Always puts a big smile on my face. :D

sammy101
03-07-2005, 09:03 PM
when Kodie cuddles with me when im sleeping,so comfortable:D :D

Cincy'sMom
03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by micki76
When I come home (or just come inside from being in the yard) and there are three screaming, jumping, happy terriers there to greet me! :D

Okay, mine aren't terriers...but I was thinking the same thing..the singing, the wagging, the happy barks!!

carole
03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
It makes me happy to see my daughter Melissa so happy at school, not that she was ever unhappy, but this year she is just loving it, as she puts it, I am one of the popular girls this year, just brings a smile to my face to see her happiness and her excel in her work because of it.

Samantha Puppy
03-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Making my husband laugh. :)

joycenalex
03-07-2005, 09:12 PM
....the perfect, perfectly hot cup of coffee on a saturday morning, when i'm in my heavy purple terry robe and ratty puppy chewed slippers, and the WHOLEWEEKEND I"M OFFWORK!!!!! wooohooo goodtimes!

kt_luvs_kitties
03-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Ok so I know this may be the MOST stupid thing ever posted. BUT I really really enjoy when you get into bed in the summer, and turn over and roll into a cold spot on the sheets:D I bet you all think I am just dingy, but that is one of my most favorite feelings ever! I could name 9438964895865 different things that I love about the furbabies, But I just could not narrow them down.
Anyone else LOVE that feeling???

Samantha Puppy
03-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by kt_luvs_kitties
Ok so I know this may be the MOST stupid thing ever posted. BUT I really really enjoy when you get into bed in the summer, and turn over and roll into a cold spot on the sheets:D Good call! I *love* it when that happens. :)

Another happy thing for me: Slinking into bed with my new beech sheets on them... sooooo comfy... Anyone who doesn't have them needs to get to BB&B and get them. They are better than jersey sheets. They are better than 1,000,000,000 count sheets. They are the bomb.

Orca
03-07-2005, 09:20 PM
When I come home from college, and my cats greet me at the door and I take my rabbit out and she hops happily around the house.

Soapets
03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Going on vacation every summer, attending baseball games at a different Major League ball park every year, and enjoying watching the Red Sox BEAT the Yankees and then win the World Series. :) :) :) :) :) :) (Yankess fans may think this one belongs in the "Dog House"!):D

Dogz
03-07-2005, 09:54 PM
I hope we can post more than one happy thing ;)

Having time to relax with your pets.
Watching the sun go down.
Getting kisses from your pet/s.
Talking with old friends.

Soapets
03-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Doing good deeds for others, especially anonymously if/when I can get by with it!:D

cali
03-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Mistys smile, its impossable to be angry when you have that girl grinning at you, or what one person has described as Misty "laughing" :p

slick
03-07-2005, 10:39 PM
I have a 95 yr old Aunt in a Care Home and when I visit her the first thing she wants me to do is trim her fingernails. Afterwards, she gently kisses me on the cheek and says "Thank You...I love you".

catnapper
03-07-2005, 10:45 PM
When you get a fortune cookie that actually says something that relates to your life. Like once, when I was debating about adopting Abby, I got one that said "You'll adopt a new love" or something along those lines. :)

Oggyflute
03-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by slick
I have a 95 yr old Aunt in a Care Home and when I visit her the first thing she wants me to do is trim her fingernails. Afterwards, she gently kisses me on the cheek and says "Thank You...I love you".

wow Slick, that makes me pretty happy you have that relationship.:) My mother-in-law is in a home, (alzheimers), and has good days and sometimes bad days. the good days make me very happy as they make my partner happy. (it can be quite hard on Carole at times)
My puppy's always make me happy. Especially when I come home from work. Oggy, makes these crying, grunting noises and requires cuddling. :D Flute makes what we call a "grumpy bumpy bear" noise, a low growl in her throat, which is also a demand for a cuddle, she returns the favour of course by giving some long sloppy kisses.:D

jazzcat
03-07-2005, 10:51 PM
When I say Rocky's (cat) name and he wags his big ole tail like a dog.:D

MariaM
03-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Major and all the cute things he does. One being his little innocent farts. He farts all the time and it's so funny. He'll sit there and he'll fart and he'll just keep looking at you. Today he was looking at me while sitting, farted and then looked at his bum. I couldn't stop laughing. :)

slleipnir
03-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by MariaM
Major and all the cute things he does. One being his little innocent farts. He farts all the time and it's so funny. He'll sit there and he'll fart and he'll just keep looking at you. Today he was looking at me while sitting, farted and then looked at his bum. I couldn't stop laughing. :)

lmao! XD Too funny! Josie has done that, she perks her ears up too.

Oggyflute
03-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by MariaM

:D That is so funny. Flute does these farts, that can be quite loud sometimes, then she perks her head up looking at us quite shocked. Carole tells her, you can't do that, your a lady! :D

AmberLee
03-07-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm taking classes in Pranic Healing and am using my cats as practice subjects. One trouble is when I'm across the room from them waving my hands they come running for 'lovies' and rather abruptly ending the practice. But they are so blessed cute, who could complain???

jazzcat
03-07-2005, 11:36 PM
The look on Disney's face when my husband lets her pick a Milk Bone out of the box for herself.:)

AmberLee
03-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Watching the furkids frolic in 'da nip!!!!'

I love how excited they get!

Suki Wingy
03-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by kt_luvs_kitties
I really really enjoy when you get into bed in the summer, and turn over and roll into a cold spot on the sheets:D I bet you all think I am just dingy, but that is one of my most favorite feelings ever! I could name 9438964895865 different things that I love about the furbabies, But I just could not narrow them down.
Anyone else LOVE that feeling???
I LOVE that too. Walking into a class knowing you are totally prepaired for a big test and that you've done all your homework.

wolfsoul
03-08-2005, 12:27 AM
When my rats play with me. :)

Corinna
03-08-2005, 12:35 AM
The happy moment today was , My boss called and said Are you ready to go back to work. I said tommorrow . She laugh and said no on the 28th at 8 AM.

kt_luvs_kitties
03-08-2005, 01:07 AM
The way my hair smells/feels/looks when I use a brand new shampoo for the first time. WHY is it that it always looks better when it is a NEW bottle??? lol

Suki Wingy
03-08-2005, 01:19 AM
When you win an ebay auction!!:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-08-2005, 03:24 AM
It makes me happy when my cats jump on my lap or legs while I am resting on the couch. It makes me happy when they give me headbumpies, just to say how much they love me :)

ChrisH
03-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Bob's waggy tail and grin, they are ever present and never fail to cheer me up. :D He is such a happy boy! :)

robinh
03-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Something that always makes me happy is my puppies both mine & the foster(s), they can meet me at the door and make me smile but yesterday was an especially wonderful day.

My foster, Abby finally remembered how to potty outside. May not seem like much, but we've been working on it since last week and last night when I got home from work she ram out and did her business. I was so excited for her, I couldn't contain it.

Yeah Abby!!
:D :D :D

Karen
03-08-2005, 10:08 AM
A hot cup of chai (or three) on a cold and rainy morning. Smells warm and spicy, is warm temperature-wise, colorwise, and is just the right antidote to a gray morning.

Jadapit
03-08-2005, 10:20 AM
The sparkle in my dogs eyes when I get out the collar and leash to take them for their walk.:)

caseysmom
03-08-2005, 10:21 AM
In the morning when my alarm goes off casey gives me "good morning" kisses.

Samantha Puppy
03-08-2005, 10:22 AM
How Samantha throws her head back and wiggles around whenever anyone touches her butt like she's getting some sort of spastic pleasure out of it.

PJ's Mom
03-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Asking Bailey if she wants to go in the car. She gets all happy and barks and cries and jumps on me. It's fun. :D

Queen of Poop
03-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Happy Things:

Weekend mornings when Sasha demands to go for her walk, she jumps from the bed and runs to the doorway and howls.

Getting home from work and having Sasha give kisses.

Coming downstairs at 6 am and being greeted by 2 sweet ferret faces.

Cuddling with Sasha at bed time.

Morning calls at work from my stepdaughter before she goes to school asking me to come home cause she misses me.

The number one happy thing today was when I was going to work Sasha was chasing down the treats I spread over the house for her, she walked past me and farted. I couldn't help but laugh cause it's so totally out of character for her to do that - what a dog!!

joanofark
03-08-2005, 11:22 AM
When Duke and Max learn new tricks!;)

Samantha Puppy
03-08-2005, 11:42 AM
The look on my husband's face when I told him that I saved enough money out of my insurance settlement for my car to buy him season tickets to the Baltimore Orioles... as well as Opening Day tickets. :D

emily_the_spoiled
03-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Driving up to the house at the end of a long day and seeing two little kitty faces looking out the window just waiting for me :)

jazzcat
03-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ChrisH
Bob's waggy tail and grin, they are ever present and never fail to cheer me up. :D He is such a happy boy! :)

Just seeing pictures of Bob makes me happy!:D

luvofallhorses
03-08-2005, 12:19 PM
When Buster gives his "look" and expresses himself so well he makes me happy. Another thing when I eat something in my room Tiger has to be in my face :) I have a snack/dinner buddy;) When Jenny was good on her walk and didn't get loose from me that made me relieved and happy. When Miagi comes up and jumps on my lap to say"hello" it makes me happy. When Rocky has his innocent look it makes me happy because he is innocent. I am just so thankful and greatful that I Have my animals. I would be lost without them:( Great thread, Karen! :)

EssTer
03-08-2005, 12:29 PM
I have some happy news too :D I´m gonna get two ratties in some weeks :D

Uabassoon
03-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Sitting at my computer and watching my happy little betta swim around his tank. The computer area is much cheerier now that I have him here.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-08-2005, 01:09 PM
I love to just sit with my furkids, that's when I'm happiest. In fact right now I have both Nacey and Nova on my lap.

here is a picture I just took of my lap
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/dogs/IMG_3137.jpg

wolfsoul
03-08-2005, 01:12 PM
I get happy when I think about the future and everything that I want to do. I always think about my future catahoula, and my business...All of the good stuff.

luvofallhorses
03-08-2005, 01:21 PM
awwww Kblaix that is soooo cute:D your puppers love you :D

Karen
03-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
I love to just sit with my furkids, that's when I'm happiest. In fact right now I have both Nacey and Nova on my lap.

I'm jealous - Miss Hoppy is not a lap-bunny.

Another happy thing: wild birds at the bird feeder on a cold winter day. Especially pairs of mourning doves, with their soft delicate colors, the cheery chickadees, dignified little titmouses all in grey ...

micki76
03-08-2005, 08:25 PM
When a foster goes to a forever home, especially when it's one that you "click" with! We placed a couple this past week. What a good feeling. :D

sammy101
03-08-2005, 08:34 PM
i know how much Kodie loves me.He is a soulmate to me,i honestly,wouldnt know what to do without him.He's my baby!:)

joycenalex
03-08-2005, 08:53 PM
a never ending pleasure....i can recall with excitement the very first time i went to a public library, and they trusted ME, a five year old kid who could almost spell her street name with a BOOK, and honest to gosh book to take home and read. i was so excited that i read out loud to my mom for a whole chapter! even today, more then 40 years later, every time i open the door to a columbus metropolitian library, the sense of wonder and excitement i feel is still there for me. in a way, i have the whole world and universe in front of me, and i still get to take it home to read and treasure and think about. a book, i got to take home a book, that was sooo coool :cool:

luckies4me
03-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Well last night I found a stray dog, and playing with him and him giving me kisses made me sooooo happy! :D

Suki Wingy
03-08-2005, 09:00 PM
A chilly, crisp morning at 5 am when you actually managed to wake up and walk the doggy in solitude. Ahhhh......

Fox-Gal
03-08-2005, 09:15 PM
4 day old puppies. :D

Orca
03-08-2005, 09:26 PM
When I lift Blink (my gecko) up to my nose and he licks the tip of it with his little tongue.

joycenalex
03-09-2005, 07:22 AM
being the first one to leave foot and pawprints in the fresh 1 inch of snow on the sidewalk (unlike those on the us east coast...10 inches near boston..:eek: :eek: )

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-09-2005, 07:49 AM
I also love when Blaze licks my face, and gets SO excited to see me after we get home from somewhere!!:D

sirrahbed
03-09-2005, 08:23 AM
My granddaughter, Misha playing "raspberries" with me!!:D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/p12e4b491aa5d8f0eadb191d666d26282/f53e6a42.jpg

catcrazylady
03-09-2005, 08:32 AM
One of my happiest moments was when all my cats gathered around me and purred. All the different tones and variations made the most magical and wonderful sound.:)

cubby31682
03-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Gracie as she greets me when I get home. She lets out a really loud burp. Cubby and Rachel when they both curl up next to me at night. :D

pitc9
03-09-2005, 10:25 AM
When Buddy and Sierra somehow manage to squeeze both of their butts on the recliner with me, and we all doze off while watching TV.

(it is NOT the most comfortable feeling in the world to have the elbow of a 90 lb dog digging into your thigh!!)

Buddy lays on me, with his back legs on the foot of the recliner, while resting his head on my chest. While Sierra curls up in a tiny ball on the foot. I wish I could get a picture of it, but no one has been able to snap on for me!!

cookieluver7
03-09-2005, 03:59 PM
I love it when I wake up in the morning and feed Speedy because he always jumps around so wildly it is the cutest thing EVER! I always start laughing so hard and I just love it!

Soapets
03-09-2005, 07:08 PM
When Angel jumps up onto my reliner and lays down to sleep on the footrest, between my lower legs. She's so cute, and content, and HAPPY!:) And she has chosen ME to honor with her presence!

Cataholic
03-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Getting a good burp from Jonah. Trust me, this child is SO hard to burp I feel like I should get a prize for having one come up!

joycenalex
03-09-2005, 07:28 PM
dear cataholic, one of brothers proudest achievements as a teenager was teaching my cousin jake to burp/belch when he wanted to, do you want me to send ed over?

Soapets
03-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Logging on to Pet Talk when I get home from work, and reading about all of the positive, loving things going on with pets all over the world, by their people who love them!:)

Maria O
03-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Coming home to a clean house once in a while.:pOther then that, I love to spend time with my daughters.

Samantha Puppy
03-10-2005, 03:15 PM
It's time to go home!!