PDA

View Full Version : If I'm not on as much as I used to...

moosmom
03-07-2005, 07:13 PM
It's because my computer keeps getting the "blue screen of death" and is making a very LOUD grinding noise.

I suspect it's a virus but I can't be sure till I get it to the shop. In the meantime, I'll try to post from work and the library. But if you don't hear from me, I haven't gone far. I'm just not able to post as much till I either get it fixed or get a new one. The latter of the two is not an option financially right now. HOPEFULLY the computer guys can fix it. We'll see.

Karen
03-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Good to know, we hope the computer guys can fix it, too. Then make them install the latest virus protection, it's worth the $!

Vette
03-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Sounds like something more serious with your computer to me. viruses doesnt make weird entrunal sounds in your computer.. that sounds like a cracked head or something to me. so its good that your taking it to the repair shop. :D

moosmom
03-08-2005, 02:22 PM
*SIGH* I was having one HELL of a time with my computer so I took the hard drive to the shop. Turns out I've got one BAAAAAAAAD ass bug. Don't know how much it's gonna cost to fix it. Right now I'm at the library. I won't be totally away, as I will be able to post fro work when it's quiet, and can go to the library during the week and on Saturdays.

Hopefully this place, where I've brought my computer before will cut me a deal, as I AM a repeat customer.

So, for now, I'll say...See ya!!!!

davidpizzica
03-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
*SIGH* I was having one HELL of a time with my computer so I took the hard drive to the shop. Turns out I've got one BAAAAAAAAD ass bug. Don't know how much it's gonna cost to fix it. Right now I'm at the library. I won't be totally away, as I will be able to post fro work when it's quiet, and can go to the library during the week and on Saturdays.

Hopefully this place, where I've brought my computer before will cut me a deal, as I AM a repeat customer.

So, for now, I'll say...See ya!!!! Hi, sweetheart! I'm sorry about your computer problems and I hope you get it fixed pronto! Meanwhile could you give me a call? I haven't heard from you for a while and then I start worrying about you! I love you {{{{HUGS}}}}

moosmom
03-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Davidp,

I'll call you on my way home from work today

Buddy Blaze Lover
03-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Aw, that stinks!! we had that grinding noise from our comp for a long time too...it is viruses and spyware btw, so you might want to take it in to Best Buy or something...we had 400 pieces of spyware on ours a couple weeks ago!!:eek: The grinding is the computer's rejecting the incoming spyware and viruses...Hope you'll be back to posting normal soon, lol!;)

moosmom
03-09-2005, 02:00 PM
The verdict is in.

My fan was on the fritz (hence the noise) which caused my modem to blow, causing the "blue screen of death" everytime I tried to sign onto the internet. It also was overheating because the fan wasn't working properly.

The cost??? REAL cheap. $80 which includes a new modem, new fan and tech time. He also saved all the cat hair that had accumulated in the tower. :eek: He said I could've made a sweater out of it. He suggested I put a filter inside to catch the cat hair.

He is now downloading Highstream.net and highly recommended Evast (sp??) which is a computer virus program that you can get free on the internet.

It IS bad news, but nothing that can't be fixed and nothing to lose sleep over.

I'll have my puter back up and running on Tuesday when I get paid.

RICHARD
03-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
He suggested I put a filter inside to catch the cat hair.

Why,

It will show up as a hairball eventually....;)

davidpizzica
03-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Donna, I think that your computer has more lives than a cat! 80 bucks isn't too bad of a price.

cookieluver7
03-09-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm sorry your computer is going whack, but like david p said, 80 dollars isnt TERRIBLE.