PDA

View Full Version : Would You Give A Dog To This Person?

animal_rescue
03-07-2005, 06:38 PM
http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/96972.html

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE LOOKING FOR A FEMALE LAB PREFER YELLOW BUT DOESNT MATTER! BETWEEN TE AGES OF 2 AND 4!!OUR LAB MANAGED TO GET OUT AND SOMEONE TOOK HER TO TH HUMANE SOCIETY AND THEY WANT US TO PAY 200 TO GET HER BACK I LOVE HER TO DEATH JUST CANT AFFORD THAT RIGHT NOW WHICH BREAKS MY HEART!!SO IF YOU HAVE A LAB LOOKING FOR A GOOD HOME PLZ CONTACT ME AT 734-620-3293 CANT AFFORD MUCH SO ID PERFER FREE-50 DOLLARS!!! THANX

I'm sure I can safely say that no one on this board would give her a dog, but of course some stupid butt would!

Cookiebaker
03-07-2005, 06:41 PM
:o Animal Rescue, I thought this was you at first, looking for a dog! :eek:

I CANNOT believe this ad! I suppose she thinks that dogfood after she gets a dog will be free, and not cost $200.00. We pay $200.00 in about 4 months. :eek:

lute
03-07-2005, 06:41 PM
some people!:mad: i hope she doesn't get a dog.

GraciesMommy
03-07-2005, 06:50 PM
That is so sad...to think that someone who is supposed to be a part of their family isn't worth $200 to them..wow

shutterbug0303
03-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Well...being the curious type that I am, I used the listed phone number and did a search on google..... :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

You wouldn't believe what I found....

First link - selling an 11 mo. old yellow lab...

Next link - roscoe is an 11 month old yellow lab!!!! He is utd on shots, good with kids and just a gorgous pup!!! He has a big block head!!! probaly 70-80lbs notsure. He has papers with full rights!!!!! (aca). just had a baby and cant give him the attention he needs!!!! NO SHIPPING MUST LIVE IN MICHIGAN!!!!! ONLY SERIOUS INQUIERIES PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Another link - I have a beautiful yellow lab,has big block head,utd on shots,he has papers but im looking for someone who wants to breed puppies for pets only and not with papers im not charging a fee all i want is a female that carries the choclate gene and i want one of the choclate puppies and the puppy will not be sold it will be my own pet!!!! You can contact me at 734-620-3293 or 734-331-4567 perferably in

And yet another - Im not a rescue!!! I just like to help animals and keep them from going to a shelter!! I have limited space so i can only take in animals that urgently need a home!!! I have kids so i can only take in animals good with kids also. So if you have any animals that need urgent homes pplz email me.

WTHE___?!?!?!?!?!?! I don't think so lady!! This needs reported!!!! I can't keep up with her!!! All the phone numbers were the same, so I'm assuming it is the same person... Poor baby labbie...and other pets involved :(

Cincy'sMom
03-07-2005, 08:11 PM
I recognized the 734 area code as being Michigan, just across the border from me. Can somone tell me where the links are to these adds? I think I need to make a few phone calls to local rescue groups.

Edit: It is a little further North then I thought...close to Detroit. Still would probably be a good idea to let area shelters know and be on the look out for this woman.

Soapets
03-07-2005, 08:29 PM
That lady is SICK, SICK, SICK!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

shutterbug0303
03-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
... Still would probably be a good idea to let area shelters know and be on the look out for this woman.

Just do a google search with the phone number shown in the ads. It will bring up only a few links...all of them "ads" for dogs. Good idea about bringing this to the local shelter's attention...

GraciesMommy
03-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Certainly has a nice little scam going there...

Vette
03-07-2005, 08:59 PM
:( I hate seeing adds like that.

LauraT7
03-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Certainly does seem like a scam of some kind -

in the first place, if the humane society DID have 'her' dog - why would they charge so much to return the dog?

the only thing I could think of is that the owner left the dog long enough at the HS that they had the dog 'fixed' and want to be re-imbursed for the cost of neutering and care. plus a fine for letting the animal run loose anyway....

Of course, if she had tags on the dog or had a microchip on him, that would not be a problem, would it?

our local county shelter, like most, is overrun and under funded -

But unless a dog was picked up on a nusance 'dog loose' call, they don't charge anything if someone brings in your dog and you come pick it up right away.

if I 'found' a dog, and took him in - they would scan him for a chip, call the owner, and if the owner came right away - they would not charge anything ( they would insist on proof of current shots - like rabies and registration) and they would make sure the dog was current on shots before releasing him to the owners. THAT might incur a fine and the cost of vaccinations.

I just don't 'get' these kind of people.

-----------------------

I can relate to being 'poor'. I've been unemployed or under employed for a LONG time. paying for Cobra insurance for me and my son caused me to run up my credit cards, and when our beloved Tristan ( a golden/chessie rescue) got Lymphoma, I fought. I had NO money for cancer treatment, but I didn't let that stop me. I had a garage sale, I did fundraisers, I applied to pet charities for assistance, I stretched my credit further. some people though i was crazy to go so far for a dog.

People here know why - Tristan wasn't a 'dog' - he was my baby - I Loved him!

Tristan passed away in January.

We're 'dog people'. once before, we tried to be 'practical' and not have a dog - they are expensive - vets, food, shots, toys, grooming, etc. so what? we would rather have a dog than 165 satellite movie channels ( a dog is better entertainment anyway) and we'd rather take the dog camping on a weekend (cheap) than go to an expensive theme park for a vacation. The 'cost' of owning a pet is relative! ;) So you make choices. "$200 to get your best friend back is a bargan! ( around here, thats a little more than 2 months of cable with movie channels, How many video games can your kids give up to chip in? how many lunches made at home instead of eating out? you make CHOICES )

I watched 'cost' when we got another dog - but even a 'free' or 'rescued' dog needs basic shots and neutering!

and hey - I never intended to be a cat owner - but what was I supposed to do when this stray kitty showed up and it was below zero out - let him freeze to death? or take him to the shelter? they've got so many cats, there's no way he'd have survived!
Heck, I even found a 'bargain' for him! I sign him over to a local rescue as a found stray ( which he was) and fill out adoption papers at the same time. Pay the adoption fee of $88, and they will have him fixed, get his shots, check for worms, feline HIV and lukemia blood test, and a microchip! as soon as he's out of the vets (outpatient) he's mine again!

I'm poor, but if I was so poor that I couldn't come up with $200 to spring my best friend, I certainly wouldn't be looking to replace him with another dog!!
what a nut case!

Laura

Suki Wingy
03-08-2005, 12:41 AM
I submitted a report:
"This ad is offensive or in extremely bad taste"
I suggest you all do the same.

GraciesMommy
03-08-2005, 07:39 AM
I reported the ad as well...

aly
03-08-2005, 11:26 AM
I just reported the ad too. Thanks for bringing that possibility to our attention.

What a sick lady :( How funny that she wants to get rid of the dog then he just "happens" to get out of the fence?????

PJ's Mom
03-08-2005, 11:32 AM
I reported it as well.

tatsxxx11
03-08-2005, 11:33 AM
How despicable!:mad: I will report the ad too!

Kosmo&Cuddles
03-08-2005, 11:34 AM
That's awful, can't believe people do things like that.

2crazypuppies4me
03-08-2005, 11:36 AM
OH no, no, no, no,no,no ,no, no,!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: That person should be shot or put in jail and never be let out!

jennifert9
03-08-2005, 11:48 AM
I reported the ad also but I reported it as fraudelent as basically IT IS!! These people are running a scam running all these ads concurrently requesting different things....looking for a dog, selling dogs....like she is trading baseball cards....what a jerk!

kt_luvs_kitties
03-09-2005, 02:34 AM
I reported this also yesterday.. I just clicked the link to see if it was removed, and it is no longer available. you can still read it, but it says in red letters "this listing is deleted and no longer active"....
Thank God:D

Nomilynn
03-09-2005, 08:12 AM
I googled the phone number also and she just created a new add. I don't live in the states so I can't phone (long distance on a cell is REALLY high) but maybe someone should report her to the Humane Society? I would but I don't see an email on their webpage.

http://www.michiganhumane.org/site/PageServer?pagename=contactus

Here is the google search I came up with:
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=734-620-3293&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Her name is "Beth" and on one of the sites she leaves a zipcode.

EDIT:
I found an email, and this is what I wrote:

Hello,

I am wanting to bring your attention to a serious of suspicious ads I found on google. I saw an ad on a rescue forum, and after "googling" the phone number, this is what I found:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=734-620-3293&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Someone named "Beth" with phone number 734-620-3293 is asking people either to buy labs from her, or give her free labs that she can breed. In one of the ads, the zip code and city "westland, Michigan, 48186, United States" is stated.

I hope that you are able to find this person and shut her down.

Thanks!
Naomi
BC, Canada

QueenScoopalot
03-09-2005, 08:28 AM
This woman thinks she can pull a 'fast one' huh? She sounds like a BYB to me, and I pity any animal that ends up under her roof. Maybe she's using these dogs as bait animals. I'd sure be curious to hear more about this piece of work! :( :mad: :confused: