PDA

View Full Version : Torti-tude is not kicking in.

cubby31682
03-07-2005, 07:08 AM
I got Rachel over a month ago now. She is the most sweeet and loveable cat you will ever see. If you walk past her you have to stop and pet her, or she will follow you and swat at you until you do. She still swats at Cubby when she is being petted or when she wants the food he is eating. She also swats the dog on an hourly basis it seems like. Lol. The dog hasn't learned to leave the cats alone yet. At night she sleeps on my legs but doesn't come up to me to be petted. She also wont eat any thing except her cat food and once in a great while she will eat the bacon I make but for the most part she leaves that for the other animals to take from her. :rolleyes:

Her coat is getting softer and shiny now. Which I guess is a good thing. She has gained a few pounds since being here, I still think she needs to gain a few more. Unless I am to use to Cubby's size.

I have always read about torti-tude but she doesn't seem to have one ounce of it at all. She loves to be loved and doesn't run from anyone entering the house at all. She doesn't go up to greet anyone she waits for them to pet her. I will try and get pictures of her sometimes this week for all of you. I must get ready for work now though. :(

catcrazylady
03-07-2005, 07:35 AM
She sounds like a wonderful and happy dream kitty! I'm glad she is doing so well. Cubby seems to have adjusted to all the changes pretty good too. I'm happy for you that it has gone so well.
Is Rachel a tortie or a calico? I was thinking she was more of a calico kitty. At any rate I'm glad she is so sweet and you love her so much. She sure is cute!:) :)

QueenScoopalot
03-07-2005, 08:06 AM
I've had quite a few torties come through here, and while some have had that notorious tortitude, others have been sweeties. I have a wee rascal here "Trudy" who's bordering on obnoxious lol! Adores everyone, and everything. :D If only she'd get over her chronic sinusitis. :(

cubby31682
03-07-2005, 08:07 AM
She is a calico but I have always read on here that even calico's have torti tude.

Cubby has adjusted very well. Since Rachel came here Cubby will go out to the living room and hang out now. Before he wouldn't because Gracie is always out there. Now he doesn't care at all. If Gracie comes near him he swats her with out even thinking now. :D Hubby calls him the God Father kitty. He lays on hubby's dressor and glares at every one and everything up there. He has his quilt that I made for him and a food and water dish up there just for him. I woke up this morning to Rachel and Cubby playing. Cubby was under the bed and would run out at Rachel. She would run under the bed and run out at Cubby. :D Then they seen that I was awake so they had to swat at each other again. :rolleyes: Cats will be cats I guess. They can never show me their good side with each other. :( Cubby also gave Rachel a bath the other day. It lasted a whole 45 seconds because she turned around and slapped him a few times. Even then he still tried. Lol.

QueenScoopalot
03-07-2005, 08:14 AM
Cutie-pie actually looks more like a bi-colored tabby with white! She looks like she has distinct tabby striping. :)

catmandu
03-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Pouncer,was very much,like Rachel,in that she did not like,to be ignored,either,And it sonds as though Rachel,has Cat Titude,to spare.