PDA

View Full Version : Scaredy Cat!

christa
03-06-2005, 08:55 PM
I got out my fingernail file tonight to file my nails & Brodie FLIPPED OUT!!!

He was scared to death of it! Not sure if it was the file or the smell of it . . . he just wouldn't leave it alone . . . was doing the whole thing where he smacks it and jumps back . . . he was soooooooo super jumpy! Every time I'd laugh he'd jump back! He was poofed, had the razor back . . . the works!

Then comes the blood-shed . . .

I was sitting in the recliner filing, after we'd laughed at him being scared for 20 minutes and he jumps up beside of me and watches . . . he starts getting skiddish again for some reason and since he's sitting on our new "leather" recliner, I go to lift him down . . . he FREAKS out and claws the heck out of me!!!

Enough for a bandaid anyway! :rolleyes:

Does anyone else have a scaredy cat?

catnapper
03-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Awww... poor guy afraid of an emory board! LOL

I can't say my guys are afraid of nail files! :p At the moment I can't think of anything my kids are afraid of. I must have brave kitties!

aki
03-06-2005, 09:48 PM
LOL! Chuck is terrified of the vacuum. You'd think I tried to run him down with it or something. I purposely put him on my bed when i run it, but he will jump down and hiss and his hair stands up and everything.

MULTICATMOM
03-06-2005, 09:56 PM
THAT WAS A KODAK MOMENT!!
CHRISTA, THAT'S HYSTERICAL, NOT THE SCRATH BUT, THE REST!!:D :D

YA HAVE TO WONDER...
WHAT DID THAT NAIL FILE EVER DO TO BRODIE?? :rolleyes:

I'VE HAD CATS AFRAID OF THE BROOM, I JUST FIGURED SOME #@$! WHACKED THEM... I'VE NEVER NOTICED IT WITH A FILE:confused: :rolleyes:

auggie
03-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Phoenix, who is not afraid of dogs or strangers, is terrified of my door mat.
He’ll never dare step on it and when he finally jumps over, he runs like crazy.
:D

catcrazylady
03-07-2005, 06:32 AM
ROFLOL!!!:D :D :D I could invision the whole thing Christa!! Too funny!
I think for the youngsters it's the fascination of something new but they are so leary of it until they figure out what it's gonna do to them! You know that old saying about curiousity and cats. I mean Geez meowmie, it was sawing off your finger nails after all!!!:p

Rosco flipped out over an ink pen the other day. He jumped up on the table and saw it, approached slowly, smacked it and ran. He kept doing that very cautiously until he knew that it wouldn't hurt him and now I can't find the pen anywhere!:rolleyes:

Phoenix afraid of a door mat!!!!:D :D :D

christa
03-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by aki
LOL! Chuck is terrified of the vacuum. You'd think I tried to run him down with it or something. I purposely put him on my bed when i run it, but he will jump down and hiss and his hair stands up and everything.

Oh yeah, Brodie's afraid of the vacuum too! Seems every time I run it, I end up backing him into a corner . . . the other day, I turned it off and went to lift him out of the laundry room (the corner I was backing him into) and he freaked the same way. Only that time, I wasn't injured in the process!!!

Jayna78
03-09-2005, 04:29 AM
Nail files have never scared my cats, but that was a funny story! Sorry it involved bloodshed, though.

My cats hate the vacuum cleaner - they run from it like I'm actually going to vacuum them up! The only one that stays around is Bailey - he is the protector of our house, after all - he stays a safe distance away and watches me vacuum, while all the others hide under the bed or other furniture. Silly cats!

Sometimes, Leo looks like he's super comfy and fast asleep (he is one lazy cat most of the time), but if you reach over to pet him, he gets all jumpy and snaps awake and jumps off of whatever he's sleeping on - it's like he was in a weird dream state and our touching him to pet him startled him too much. Usually we can pet him all we want while he's awake or asleep, but he gets jumpy and scared like that sometimes...it's weird. You have to wonder what goes through their heads. :)