PDA

View Full Version : Boomer's newest quirk

Sirrahsim
03-06-2005, 08:07 PM
I swear this cat has multiple personalities or something... His newest thing:
If I am home alone with him, or hubby is asleep, Boomer is loveable and sweet as sugar.
If Paul is home alone with him, or I am asleep, Boomer is loveable and sweet as sugar.
If Paul and I are both home and awake, Boomer acts like he's terrified and jumps at the slightest noise. He will not come to us for attention and gets freaked out if we make sudden moves. He spends all of his time in his beanbag in the hallway and runs to it as soon as we both walk in the door. When he's laying in it, he is in full defensive mode, ears flattened, tail tucked, hunkering down as low as possible.
I don't get it?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Any insight into why my love bug turns into psycho-kitty when both Paul and I are home.

I'm not too worried about it, because his quirks change every 4 or 5 months, but it's upsetting that he's afraid of even me :(
I appreciate any help:)

catmandu
03-06-2005, 08:18 PM
John,and Rocca,the Meezers,can be like that a bit,one moment,they are curling,up with yiou,and the next,they are running away.But they have always been,like this,that sounds out of character,for Boomer.Very Cat Like,to be so mysterious!

catnapper
03-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Hmmm... that sure is odd. Has this started since the last round of testing the alarms?

Sirrahsim
03-06-2005, 08:47 PM
hmm Catnapper- come to think of it, he wasn't afraid of me at all before the alarm testing. It's only since then that he is afraid of both of us. Very odd. I'll have to ask hubby what he remembers about the timing.

catcrazylady
03-07-2005, 06:24 AM
How strange. What type of interaction do you and Paul have with Boomer when you all are together? When you are both up do you spend time with him? Is it gentle loving time or heavy play time? I'm thinking that whatever happens when the two of you are up together seems to make him nervous or untrusting. Are you louder when you are both together and maybe Boomer likes it quieter?
You may have to try to pinpoint what seems to upset him when you are both together. Good luck.:)

mina'smomma
03-07-2005, 07:26 AM
I think catnapper is right Missy. Mina acted the same way when our landlord came in and tested our carbon monoxide dectors, smoke detectors and one of the other alarms. She was very skiddesh for a couple of months. Now she is back to her normal self. Just give Boomer some time and hopefully he'll do the same.