PDA

View Full Version : Zeke's graduation..

slleipnir
03-06-2005, 07:27 PM
...for flyball is next Tuesday (the 15th) for level 2. I'm pretty sure he will pass. He seems to be keeping up with everyone else, if not (for the most part) doing better (and I don't mean to brag...but a lot of the dogs won't even go over all the jumps every time or bring the ball back each time)

Today he ran with ALL the fencing in the middle and he didn't chase the other dog once :) However, in his last run a lot of people came in with their dogs and put them in crates. He ran over to smell them :( But alteast he ignored the dog in the other lane this week :o

Also, next week I will find out if he can enter in the house league. I really hope they will let him in. The only problem is...the ONE thing he doesn't do right is the one thing they don't want in the house league...IE not running safe. They said that is when they run into the other lane after the other dog. However, he can't be THE ONLY one who does this? I can't see why they wouldn't take him and let us work on it. It's not like a tourney or anything...If he gets good enough though he will be going to tourneys! (Assuming they let him in to the league) I can't see why they won't...He's really doing well...and as long as he is in first he doesn't chase the other dog (which he usually only does once they finish....)

Anyway, I'm sure no one cares but wish us luck next week :)

cyber-sibes
03-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Good Luck Zeke! Sure sounds like fun!

MariaM
03-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Good luck ZEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE :D I don't know anything about flyball but it sounds like fun. :D

manda_moo87
03-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Good luck! :D

Oggyflute
03-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Good luck Zeke, go get 'em mate. :D

wolf_Q
03-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Good luck Zeke!!

vinjashira
03-07-2005, 02:54 AM
good luck! :)

cloverfdx
03-07-2005, 05:02 AM
I care Audrey, being a self confessed Flyball addict ;). I am sure you will do fine, and it sounds as though Zeke is making GREAT progress :D. I will keep you both in my thoughts please let us know how he goes.

My elvis is entered into his first comp in 3 weeks time, most likely just for warm ups :D.

RobiLee
03-07-2005, 06:08 AM
Of course we care!!! I'm wishing you and Zeke the best of luck. Please keep us up to date.

I sure would like to see some pics of Zeke. He is such a gorgeous doggie. You need to share him more!

Robin :)

tatsxxx11
03-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Do I need to come there and slap you upside the head Audrey?:D:D:D I DO care and you know it!:)

Can I come to the graduation? My invitation hasn't arrived yet!;) Seriously, I'm so psyched for you guys! I don't know that much about flyball, but hopefully they'll let Zeke participate in the House League! Doesn't seem right to me!!! Paws crossed for you both! Make sure you take lots of pics! Go Zeke! And make sure give Jo some hugs for me too, ok? Love ya! Sandra

slleipnir
03-07-2005, 07:07 PM
lol, sure Sandra. Make sure to be here by 6 though!! :p

-adds Sandra to the list of people threatening to come slap her- :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
03-07-2005, 07:22 PM
I meant HUG you!;)

shutterbug0303
03-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Best of luck Zeke! Maybe you mom could post some pics of your graduation and you "performing"! :D

slleipnir
03-07-2005, 09:36 PM
I would love to post pics of him doing his thing, but I can't take pics and handle him at the same time lol Unless the one of the vollenteers actually gives me the pics he takes this time...like he didn't last time -__-

Ginger's Mom
03-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Good Luck Zeke. What matters is that you are having a good time. I am sure you are going to do great. You can win a spot on the team.

cali
03-07-2005, 10:16 PM
good luck! I dont see why they would not allow him in house leagues, do they not have fencing up for house leagues there? over here its nothing but glorfied practice, and they put fenceing up because the dogs there will be new and may cross over. Misty only does house leagues, she is afraid of tourniment situations so she goes to house leagues to help her get over that :p

slleipnir
03-07-2005, 10:33 PM
No, the fencing is down in the house leagues

cali
03-07-2005, 10:36 PM
oh really? how do you guys do house leagues over there? its obviously not the same as over here lol

slleipnir
03-07-2005, 10:38 PM
I actually have no idea yet. I hope to find out soon though. I believe it is just practicing though. Like, have 2 dogs going at the same time in the different lanes.

We had level 1 and level 2 to prepare for the house league, I guess that's why they don't want dogs who cross lanes? I'd assume even the really good dogs cross lanes sometimes though..

cali
03-07-2005, 10:41 PM
lol yup there are always mistakes, our house leauges are almost exactly like tourniments lights and all exept there is fencing down the middle and you can do everything you would be allowed to do in tourniment warmups, so running up with your dog, jumpes in front of the box, knee's, etc..

Kfamr
03-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Good luck Zekey boy! Come teach Ki some flyball. ;)

slleipnir
03-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by cali
lol yup there are always mistakes, our house leauges are almost exactly like tourniments lights and all exept there is fencing down the middle and you can do everything you would be allowed to do in tourniment warmups, so running up with your dog, jumpes in front of the box, knee's, etc..

Sounds good. I'm kinda glad they are taking the fencing down though, cause I want Zeke to learn not to chase the other dogs. He seems to do ok so long as he is in front, but if he sees the dog ahead he follows them.

Where does your team go for tourneys?? I hope Zeke will get to enter in some touneys sometime, and I heard you get to go to a few different places. That'd be fun

cali
03-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I actually quite the club because of Elsie lol and my mom quite like yesterday also because of Elsie lol. but our teams usually travel to manatoba, or saskatoon tournys, we have been to an edmonton tourny and my mom has practiced Ripley with calgary confuzion. our storm team also goes to miniapolise(cant spell lol) every year. my mom and I are dreaming of starting a new fllyball club in this city though, Kaos has been talking about a split as they are so big and this city needs more clubs, so me, my mom, Kathy, and if we can get some kaos members aboard we may start our own club called the bandana bandits :p

Happy crossed over all the time when she was a pup lol what we did with dogs that crossed over was plexie glass between the lanes, they THINK there is nothing stoping them from crossing until *boom* lol dont work with a super soft dog though lol

bckrazy
03-07-2005, 11:09 PM
:D thats awesome! Zeke sounds like he's being such a good boy.. I really hope you make the House League! we don't have house leagues in the US, as far as I know. you just join a team, usually the one that you train with.

I don't know why they wouldn't accept you? As long as Zeke isn't chasing the other dogs agressively, and won't do it with fencing, they will usually accept whoever as far as I've seen. Gonzo runs the MOST un-safely I've ever seen :p it's so sad. He also can only start, he sucks at passing, and he still hasn't quite realized that flyball is not the dog park.. :rolleyes:. But he has been accepted onto a really, really good competitive team, and another team has gone after him. Why, I really dont know. Currently he's just going into training again, and he's the team mascot for now ;) Fun matches are the best!

We definitely need pics of Zeke!!! Ask your Mom to take them, if she can :). I know it can be really hard to get a half decent picture of dogs doing flyball, though.

jenfer
03-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Yay Zeke!!! Good Luck!

slleipnir
03-07-2005, 11:26 PM
No one comes with me to flyball lol :(

GraciesMommy
03-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Good Luck, Zeke~~