PDA

View Full Version : Young & The Restless

manda_moo87
03-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Just wondered if anyone else around here watches Y&R? I LOVE IT.... My Mom used to watch it when I was really young and I've watched it ever since. :)

christa
03-06-2005, 07:06 PM
I DO!!! I've thought about starting this same thread before. ;)

I've watched it since I was born practically! And that's just about how long it's been on air. Started watching with my grandma and have followed it ever since.

It's so stupid, but so addicting and I LOVE it!!!

What do you think about the story lines right now? Can you believe that Nicki & Vic are probably going to split AGAIN??? I wish they'd just give it up already!!!

Queen of Poop
03-06-2005, 07:10 PM
I love it, but it's on when I'm at work so I check the daily updates on the internet.

CamCamPup33
03-06-2005, 07:28 PM
I used to watch that, and the bold and the beautiful every day since my mom used to watch it. Now im just too busy and i have no clue what's going on, on either soap. :p

dukedogsmom
03-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I used to watch that and Days of Our Lives. Days just got too stupid to watch. It's nice not to be addicted to them. I was for a long, long time, though. I was watching just so I could see that guy that plays Bobby? I think that's his name. Brit's now husband. What a gorgeous man! I even got a pic of his from Ebay.

christa
03-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I was watching just so I could see that guy that plays Bobby? I think that's his name. Brit's now husband. What a gorgeous man! I even got a pic of his from Ebay.

He is a nice looking man! ;)

Looks like he's gonna be hooking up with Nicki soon though! :eek:

slick
03-06-2005, 08:23 PM
:o :o I've been watching it for about 15 years.

.....and I've lusted after Victor all that time....:o

I only tape it once every two weeks now so I hope you guys aren't going to spoil the storyline.;)

Edit: I just turned on a local program called Colour TV which discusses multiculturalism in TV and our very own Dr. Olivia is the guest. She says she has been on Y & R for 15 years :eek: and I remember her first arriving in Genoa City, so I guess I've been watching it longer than I thought.

manda_moo87
03-06-2005, 10:11 PM
LOL! Yay I'm not alone... I was afriad no one would respond to my thread.

Kind of an interesting story but one day about 5 or 6 years ago my Grandma and I were downtown in Victoria, BC and we happened to wander into the mall and we noticed a HUGE crowd. I wandered over to see what was going on and Eric Braeden (Victor) was there! It was SO cool! :D

christa
03-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by manda_moo87
LOL! Yay I'm not alone... I was afriad no one would respond to my thread.

Kind of an interesting story but one day about 5 or 6 years ago my Grandma and I were downtown in Victoria, BC and we happened to wander into the mall and we noticed a HUGE crowd. I wandered over to see what was going on and Eric Braeden (Victor) was there! It was SO cool! :D

That's awesome that you got to see Victor!!! I would have died!!! Did you get close to him?

GraciesMommy
03-07-2005, 12:46 PM
I do! Wondering what is going to happen with Lily being Malcom's daughter..how long they will keep Neil from finding out..

and will JT tell Brit what he saw?? shame shame shame

Samantha Puppy
03-07-2005, 01:15 PM
I used to watch it, but then I started to work and haven't since. I don't know who any of the new, teenage characters are.

micki76
03-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I used to watch that and Days of Our Lives. Days just got too stupid to watch.

Isn't that the truth? That show is moronic lately. Of course, I haven't watched in months, but I can't imagine that it's improved. :( I had been watching since I was a child (at hom with Mom).

dukedogsmom
03-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
And will JT tell Brit what he saw?? shame shame shame
What did he see?

carole
03-07-2005, 04:42 PM
I have watched in on and off for some years, we would be at least a year behind in NZ I think not sure, but I have no clue what is happening as I really donot tune in much, I get sick of all the beautiful rich people, I like a more down to earth soap with fat and ugly people and normal people in it lol.

I agee Days is just plain Stupid , the storylines are so unbelievable, Geez cannot believe these people get paid big bucks for writing such garbage.

manda_moo87
03-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by christa
That's awesome that you got to see Victor!!! I would have died!!! Did you get close to him?

I was pretty close! It was so neat... :D

Jayna78
03-08-2005, 03:30 AM
I don't watch Y&R, but I do watch All My Children. I've watched it ever since I was 10 or 11, off during the summer and watching with Mom. She has since lost track of it, b/c she never gets around to watching tapes, but I have kept up with it ever since - I can't believe I've been watching for this long! It is addictive, and there have been times I've wanted to give it up b/c storylines weren't as good, but I always tape it and watch it later if I'm not here to watch it in person.

Soaps are fun, though. Good entertainment.

christa
03-08-2005, 06:54 AM
I do! Wondering what is going to happen with Lily being Malcom's daughter..how long they will keep Neil from finding out..

I have read that Malcolm is going off of the show, for good this time. :( So I wonder if that will play into the story line or if they'll replace him? I just don't see how they can replace his character! There's only ONE Malcolm!!! It will be hard to convince me that someone else is Malcolm!

and will JT tell Brit what he saw?? shame shame shame

According to the previews, he tells her . . . :rolleyes:

These people aggrevate me so much! They just can't ever get it right!!!

But I still love it! ;)

GraciesMommy
03-08-2005, 07:27 AM
Well I see that Malcom is already in a new movie, and he is such a looker..so not hard to see that he would be going on to bigger and better things...

christa
03-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Well I see that Malcom is already in a new movie, and he is such a looker..so not hard to see that he would be going on to bigger and better things...

I know, he is sooooooo good looking! I've lusted over him for years! LOL :D

Glad to see he's getting another gig other than Soul Train!

GraciesMommy
03-08-2005, 10:25 AM
JT saw Nikki and Bobby in a very passionate kiss..nothing happened...Bobby's cell rang and it was Brit...and they came to their senses and realized that they couldn't act on the passion that they both felt...but too late! JT saw thru the window (he was going over there to talk to Bobby)

I am going to miss today..I have a dental appt so someone let me know what happens!

christa
03-08-2005, 03:02 PM
JT saw Nikki and Bobby in a very passionate kiss..nothing happened...Bobby's cell rang and it was Brit...and they came to their senses and realized that they couldn't act on the passion that they both felt...but too late! JT saw thru the window (he was going over there to talk to Bobby)

I am going to miss today..I have a dental appt so someone let me know what happens!

Pretty boring today . . . didn't miss much. JT had the opportunity to tell Brit, but you know how they like to drag this drama out for weeks! Nicki is acting strange, not real sure what she's thinking ... Brad admits that Victor was the best man for the job at Jabot . . .

The most exciting today was when Ashley & Paul walk in on Michael and his mother!!! :eek: I can't wait for someone to blow her out of the water!

GraciesMommy
03-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh I can't stand that Gloria..! What a lousy actress..but then Joan Van Ark wasn't any better...

christa
03-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Oh I can't stand that Gloria..! What a lousy actress..but then Joan Van Ark wasn't any better...

I know, the first Gloria's lips just killed me! Why didn't they put any lipstick on that woman??? :eek:

LOL