PDA

View Full Version : Rilo's bubble nest

binka_nugget
03-06-2005, 06:15 PM
I've read that a bubble nest is a sign of a happy, healthy betta. I just noticed how big Rilo's bubble nest is.. :eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/alpha_sheltie/happybetta.jpg

K9soul
03-06-2005, 06:23 PM
:eek: Wow! LOL. I used to love watching my bettas making bubble nests, and I always felt guilty when I cleaned their bowls and destroyed a big nest. You all are really making me want to go get a betta again :p

chrissycat21
03-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Wow! I think Sushi has made a bubble nest, but the bubbler thing that came with the tank destroyed it...Hopefully in his new tank the bubble nest will stay. :)

Lexi_Lover
03-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Ok, umm...I have 3 Bettas, and I have NEVER seen this happening, what is it? What do I need for them to make one?

Uabassoon
03-07-2005, 01:50 AM
That's really neat! I hope that Yuki will make bubble nests once he is more comfortable with his new home.

binka_nugget
03-07-2005, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by K9soul
:eek: Wow! LOL. I used to love watching my bettas making bubble nests, and I always felt guilty when I cleaned their bowls and destroyed a big nest. You all are really making me want to go get a betta again :p

(Get one! Get one!) *smiles innocently* :D

Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
Ok, umm...I have 3 Bettas, and I have NEVER seen this happening, what is it? What do I need for them to make one?

Rilo's nest was never this big until I added the cup. It's just half of a styrofoam cup. Betta breeders use it to get them to build nests for breeding. Also, he has a female right beside in tank, so that could partly be why. :p

K9soul
03-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover

Lexi_Lover, another thing is they can't be in a tank or anything with a filter running or it will just destroy the nest as they try to make it. Often when I am at the pet store, the bettas have little bubble nests even in their cups they are being sold in. My past bettas never built one as big as Rilo's, but I never did the cup thing or had any females around. They often made little bubble nests in the corner of their bowl.

I may just go betta shopping soon ;) :p :D

lv4dogs
03-07-2005, 10:36 AM
My betta has a filter in his tank, would it hurt to add a cup for him to make a nest in or would it be more stressful on him if the filter kept ruining it?

binka_nugget
03-07-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm not sure.. don't see any harm in trying though. :)

Lexi_Lover
03-07-2005, 04:02 PM
I added a cup to mine...but onyl one of my bettas like it and they ahve NEVER made bubble nests before.