PDA

View Full Version : Let me introduce....

catnapper
03-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Today was another adoption day. I took my daughter along for the day because she had soccer tryouts a block from Petco, and it didn't make sense to travel home to drop her off, then return.... well.... she had a ball all day. She now wants to go back and help out more often!

She also decided to take home her OWN foster. She fell completely in love with Minnet. Minnet has lived 2 of her 3 years of life in the shelter. She is miserable there. She hates other cats and sits all day long on a cat tree, hissing at the others. So she is now living as a single cat in Heather's bedroom.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Minnet-firstnight.jpg

She has the most incredible green eyes. She is scared out of her mind right now. She hid under the bed until I crawled under a few times to retrieve her. I almost got bit :eek: when I tried to hold her... she obviously didn't want to be held. Mental note: I won't try to trim her needle claws for a while ;) But she is dying for petting and loving. She gives tentative headbumpies and just wants to be petted.

She decided the bed was a good place to be because she can look out TWO windows and watch all the action outside.

catcrazylady
03-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Oh Kim she is gorgeous!!! Bless her heart having to live 2 of her 3 years in a shelter.:( That is so sad but I guess it sure beats the alternative of being thrown on the streets.

It sounds like you are raising a wonderful animal loving girl there! I'm sure Minnet would much rather spend her time lounging in your daughters room than stay at the shelter where she is so unhappy with the other kitties. How wonderful that she has a nice soft bed and windows to look out of.

Please give your daughter a huge {{{HUG}}} from me and tell her thank you for caring for this wonderful kitty.

RobiLee
03-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Minnet is gorgeous and I'm wishing her all the best!

Robin :)

christa
03-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Awww! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Stunning eyes!

She is so lucky!!! And I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is interested in helping out this little girl!

(hope she doesn't get too attached! ;) )

Welcome Minnet!

jenluckenbach
03-06-2005, 05:28 PM
***Happy Dance***

a NEW foster mom :D

Taught by the 2nd best foster mom
(with Me, of course, being the 1st best foster mom :rolleyes: )
(LOL)

Minette should be so much happier there as soon as she realizes how good she has it.

Prairie Purrs
03-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Hmmmmm . . . I see some tabby stripes. Looks like a keeper to me! ;)

jenluckenbach
03-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by CatsinDenver
Too true! Kim doesn't have a BLUE tabby yet!

catnapper
03-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by CatsinDenver

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Too true! Kim doesn't have a BLUE tabby yet!
HEY! you are NOT funny folks! I realized too late that she is a blue tabby. I'm am going to be strong!:p

jenluckenbach
03-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I realized too late that she is a blue tabby.
We had you hypnotized so you could not see the stripes :p

catnapper
03-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
We had you hypnotized so you could not see the stripes :p
Noooo... must have hypnotized Heather to take her! That was Heather's decision to take the sweet little tabby. She really is a sweet little girl! Still sleeping on Heather's bed.

MULTICATMOM
03-06-2005, 06:49 PM
BREAK DOWN, KEEP HER PLEASE:rolleyes: ;)
JUST LOOK AT THOSE BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, STUPENDOUS, STUNNING, MARVELOUS... EYES:D :D :D

GREAT CAT HEATHER! YOU DESERVE A BIG (((HUG))):D :D :D

manda_moo87
03-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Ohh... what a beautiful girl. Those are are stunning... :D

RedHedd
03-06-2005, 07:35 PM
She's beautiful! Those gorgeous GREEN eyes are mezmerizing! It will take no time at all for everyone to be under her spell. I'm betting she'll be a keeper. :D

Tonya
03-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Wow! She's beautiful! I love her eyes.

QueenScoopalot
03-06-2005, 07:56 PM
She is soooooo pretty! and the green eyes are stunning! They look so much like Nakita's (hope I got that name right) green eyes! She'll be so much happier staying with your daughter for a ever while, rather than going back to prison. :(

K & L
03-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Her eyes are gorgeous. Green is my favorite on cats!

catnapper
03-06-2005, 08:45 PM
I am a bit concerned about my new foster. She seems to get over-stimulated easily. She's dying to be petted, but after a few minutes, she decides she has had enough and growls breifly and leans forward as if to bite. She doesn't get near the hand, but its enough to make me jump! :eek: Then two seconds later she's putting her head down to be pet again :rolleyes:

She didn't run from me whenever I checked in on her in Heather's room, but she ran from Heather (she has not been home since we returned from the adoption event - she went out with friends and when she returned Minette hid under the bed from her)

I know a lot of you have experience with cats like this... I hope she outgrows it once she knows us. She has had such a sad life so far. I want her to know happiness and contentment.

And all the while Harry knows she's in there and in batting under the door! :D

lisalee
03-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Oh Kim, she's just beautiful! That's so wonderful of you both to give her a chance at a loving home. I so hope everything works out for Minette she certainly deserves it. :)

luckies4me
03-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Poor girl. I am happy she is now with you, with windows to look our of, and a nice cozy bed to snuggle on. She has very beautiful eyes! :)